If the 'Phins are out of it who do we root for? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the 'Phins are out of it who do we root for?

I root number 1 for Phins, but in a pinch as I live here I will follow the Vikings and I also for some reason like the Seahawks, and as they are in the NFC now makes it easier. I hope for a Phins Vikes or Phins vs Seahawks SB in JAcksonville. Phins need retribution against the Vikes or we need to crush the Hawks as my Dad is a big 'Hawk fan

I am die hard Dolphin, but when there out i do find myself rooting for the Colts and Giants. Mom from Indi, Dad from N.Y. kinda brought tht down wit me.Plus i love Peyton and Strahan. Unfortunatley both of them converted to Bucs sence moving down here, they try to get me on the wagon, but no way. Luckily i got my sis and bro on the good aqua and coral side.

pigskinguy said:
There are other teams?????????? :nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck:
You know saying that you don't like a team is one thing, but saying they suck is another. The Pats suck about as much as the Yankees (that's for you Red Sox fans!)

I have Sunday Ticket, so I enjoy watching a lot of differnet teams, but my heart belongs to my home team ALWAYS!

I guess my second team would be the Packers, considering I rooted for them before the Phins were conceived. They still hold a dear place in my heart...

RICKYSABEAST said:
I've always considered myself a die hard Dolphins fan. I live all year for watching every snap of scrimmage, pre-season, regular season and post-season Dolphins games. However, I do have a few teams that I root for (half heartedly) to do well besides Miami. Obviously, if these teams play against Miami, I of course root for the Phins.

My spare teams are Minnesota Vikings, and Indianapolis Colts. My Mom's whole family is from Minnesota and I spent every summer there until I was 20. I've always liked the Colts (unless they're playing th Phins) They're fun to watch.

Who are your back-up teams?

Any team that would be facing a AFC East team, and after that who knows, changes every year. During the Super Bowl I root for any AFC team so long as they are not from the AFC East.

Oh, in your sig your shirt looks like it reads, "I AM ESTER", tell me your name ain't Ester!?

Oliver...

Al13 said:
after miami is out, i cheer for seattle and everybody who plays the patriots
:roflmao: Hell YEAH! As long as the Patriots are beat its all good. I'll watch other games esp. if another AFC East team is playing, and root for the other team, unless that other team is someone from the AFC East, and then that means its a waste of TV time.

I've always liked the Vikings as well. Like the Chiefs also. I think it's a 70's thing.

I don't root FOR anyone other than the Dolphins... that would be sacriligous. But, I root AGAINST whoever is playing the other teams in the AFC East. After they are all eliminated I usually lose interest.

LIQUID24 said:
After the Dolphins, I root for our local team here in L.A. Oh wait...
Everything you say is twice as good because of that Stewie Avatar, I just keep picturing him saying all the stuff you post. :D

Oh yeah, and whoever said the Yankees suck...:fire: Come up to NY and say it.

Minnesota Vikings - Daunte Culpepper is a UCF alumnus (so is the Patriots' Asante Samuel but that doesnt count ;) )
clear.gif

Carolina Panthers - LB Dan Morgan went to my HS (JP TARAVELLA), which isnt known for putting out football players.....
4526153-1.jpg

I don't think I have any other teams I truly care for except miami... I have teams I hate like NE and NYJ and SF and MIN but feelings don't go the other way with any other teams... Now, if Miami is out of it, I do tend to pick teams to root for after the "stories" of the season have happened... Such as pulling for the Panthers last year as they came out of nowhere... I always like to see the upset, you know?

Back
Top Bottom