If the Phins HAD to pick #1 overall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Phins HAD to pick #1 overall

Martel

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
If the Dolphins had the #1 overall pick right now,with team we have today, and we couldn't trade down, who would we take? Would we go QB still? I was thinking Mario Williams. Maybe D'Brick? AJ Hawk?

I know it's unrealistic and completely hypothetical but my buddy and I were talking about this and we have differing opinions and......and it's a draft forum message board. Anyway, what do y'all busters think?!?!?

And we COULDN'T trade down? I guess no one wanted Leinart or Bush. I would go with Mario Williams. He has the potential to be as dominant as Julius Peppers and maybe even that guy from the Bills a few years ago.

Geforce said:
And we COULDN'T trade down? I guess no one wanted Leinart or Bush. I would go with Mario Williams. He has the potential to be as dominant as Julius Peppers and maybe even that guy from the Bills a few years ago.

Bruce Smith

definatly lineheart, he almost won the heismen twice and culpepper could groom him and we'd have a good QB after culpepper retires, you don't use a #1 overall on a linemen er somthing liekt hat, we'd trade down if we were going after d brick

wagz said:
definatly lineheart, he almost won the heismen twice and culpepper could groom him and we'd have a good QB after culpepper retires, you don't use a #1 overall on a linemen er somthing liekt hat, we'd trade down if we were going after d brick

Oh so what Leinart finally gets off the bench when he's 28/29?:sidelol:

The pick would either be Mario or the Brick. Given what we have done in free agency, I'd say Mario would be the pick. That and Nick pays Houck good money so he doesn't save to spend big on the o-line.​

A J Hawk or D'Brick

Mario would probably play LB like Jason Taylor

AJ Hawk is a cant miss type of player and he fills a major need, thats my pick.

What if we could draft Bush, then trade him after one year for 2 1sts?

Well, other than that I'd take D'Brick.

Mario or Ferguson w/o a doubt. I would probably say Ferguson. Wouldnt mind either of them tho. I would rather have Ernie Sims than A.J. Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom