If the Phins HAD to pick #1 overall | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Phins HAD to pick #1 overall

Skeet84 said:
A J Hawk or D'Brick

Mario would probably play LB like Jason Taylor

A 6-7,295 pound DE who lifts a 225 lbs bar 36 times? He's a definite 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE, he wouldn't play linebacker.

On the main subject, I would also take Ferguson or Hawk. I think that any of the QB's have too much ?'s and Leinart doesn't have enough upside considering we already have Culpepper.

Ferguson and Hawk are as close as can be to sure things IMO and that's pretty much the reasoning behind my choices and they are both at positions of fairly good impact.

Dolfan2788 said:
A 6-7,295 pound DE who lifts a 225 lbs bar 36 times? He's a definite 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE, he wouldn't play linebacker.

On the main subject, I would also take Ferguson or Hawk. I think that any of the QB's have too much ?'s and Leinart doesn't have enough upside considering we already have Culpepper.

Ferguson and Hawk are as close as can be to sure things IMO and that's pretty much the reasoning behind my choices and they are both at positions of fairly good impact.

My Mistake I was thinking about Manny Lawson! :D
The draft is getting to me. :goof:

I think Leinart and Bush are going to be great professionals but if the team could not trade down I would want Michael Huff. It's high to take a safety, but I think he's the best defensive player in the draft.

wagz said:
definatly lineheart, he almost won the heismen twice and culpepper could groom him and we'd have a good QB after culpepper retires, you don't use a #1 overall on a linemen er somthing liekt hat, we'd trade down if we were going after d brick

Leinart isn't going to ride the bench for 7 or 8 years. Plus, Reggie Bush won this Heisman by a record big-margin. I say D-Brick. An anchor in your o-line for a decade is tough to pass up.

DcRy82 said:
AJ Hawk is a cant miss type of player and he fills a major need, thats my pick.

Theres something about awesome collegiate white ohio state middle-linebackers not making it in the pro's. :refuse:

... we would have had another REALLY bad season and most threads would have Fire Saban or Saban Sux or bring back Wanny etc...

Scary thoughts

wagz said:
definatly lineheart, he almost won the heismen twice and culpepper could groom him and we'd have a good QB after culpepper retires, you don't use a #1 overall on a linemen er somthing liekt hat, we'd trade down if we were going after d brick

didn't the Rams use a #1 overall on a Tackle?? how did that work for them??

(I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Super Bowl Championship :wink: ).

Wow, that's a great question. Before the Culpepper trade it would be Leinart. Now, I would consider Huff, Hawk, D'Brick and maybe even Bush. But ultimately I think Williams would be the guy. He's just such a rare talent and a dominating defensive lineman would be hard to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom