If the Raiders were to trade for Ricky, REALISTICALLY, what would we get? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Raiders were to trade for Ricky, REALISTICALLY, what would we get?

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we really were gonna trade Ricky to the Raiders or anybody, we could definately expect more than a 1st rounder right? Like a 1st rounder and a good player or 2 1st rounders?

Ricky is way less valuable now, he is a big risk. Boston we got for a steal and I think ricky would be even more of a risky investment.

Plus, Oakland has the upperhand if Ricky says he will only play for them. We would get whatever Oakland wants to give or we can take nothing.

Then I'll take nothing...Let him regret what he's done. If they don't pay us with AT LEAST a 1st rounder, he and the Raiders can go to hell. No Pickie, No Ricky...

*IF* the Raiders have indeed offered a #1 pick, and *IF* we've decided to make a deal rather than let Williams rot for the next three years, we must pull the trigger immediately if not sooner. A #1 pick for a guy who will miss the entire 2004 season, who will be suspended for the first 1/4 of the 2005 season and who has already established himself as a headcase is a steal.

It will most likely be a conditional pick

I could realistically see us getting a 3rd rounder which could turn into a 1st if he reaches certain rushing goals. however that would be tricky considering that he will be suspended for at least 4 weeks upon his return.

Similar to the N.O. trade with our second 1st rounder with less yardage.

(for 12 weeks)

if he breaks 1000 yd it will turn into a 2nd rounder

and if he breaks 1200 yds it will become a 1st rounder.

It works well for both clubs, because at this point RW's value is at an alltime low, so we'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him now. And if he doesn't return, we get nothing. However, if he does want to come back only for the Raiders and they're willing to take a flyer on him, then if he rushes for more than 1200 yds in only 12 weeks then they can assume that they have a franchise back for at least a few years. If they balk at our offer, then we still own his rights, just like the Lions still own Barry Sanders rights if he ever wants to return, so It would be the perfect way for us to screw Ricky over LA wouldn't agree.

nothing less then first round pick. we have his rights, if we dont get what we want, he doesnt play. we have control of this cuz we have what they want.

I think he does still have value. Lots of value. We better not make that move unless it's a 1st and MORE!!! Who cares? We weren't gonna get anything for him, before. So if they want him...PAY FOR IT!! Just like we did. I would lose even more respect for our front office if they ended up taking crap for him. Cause then that shows that we have no balls. No backbone. This guy screwed us, and we're just gonna take a 3rd round pick and forget about it??! Then WE deserve to suck bad!! Stick it to him good and leave him out of the NFL, or pay us nicely with a 1st and more.

Yeah that sounds wise...

NJL52 said:
nothing less then first round pick. we have his rights, if we dont get what we want, he doesnt play. we have control of this cuz we have what they want.

We just picked up Will Poole for a 4th rounder, and could've had Boldin for a second rounder last year.. and you mean to tell me you wouldn't take a conditional 1st rounder or second rounder, or maybe even a third rounder?

Let's face it, we're not getting what we paid for Ricky because one he's proven that he's unpredictable and a avid pot head

and two he will at least have to serve a 4 week suspension.

Ohh and not to mention that with his recent comments, the NFL will be guning for him, and if he gets caught one more time, which will be his 4th time, that's and indefinite suspension.

so anyone who's trading for him is going into it with a big risk/reward scenario. the type of scenario that will get people fired.

So it's virtually impossible to get a straight up first rounder for a volitale, unpredicatable, reefer smoking, 3x league drug offender, 1 year out of the league Running back.

On the contrary

BringBackShula said:
I think he does still have value. Lots of value. We better not make that move unless it's a 1st and MORE!!! Who cares? We weren't gonna get anything for him, before. So if they want him...PAY FOR IT!! Just like we did. I would lose even more respect for our front office if they ended up taking crap for him. Cause then that shows that we have no balls. No backbone. This guy screwed us, and we're just gonna take a 3rd round pick and forget about it??! Then WE deserve to suck bad!! Stick it to him good and leave him out of the NFL, or pay us nicely with a 1st and more.

I'd applaud RS for getting atleast a 3rd rounder for him.

I'd say 1st and 3rd. That is how much he initially costs us from the Saints when he couldn't put up HUGE numbers like he did the last couple of seasons. I'd expect at least that in return.

NO WAY we get more than a 1st round pick. If we get that offer, I think we should grab it and run away giggling.

I guess when we got him it was a 1st and 3rd for him with a little baggage...SO now with a s*#t load of baggage, but still much skills, it should be compromised....Not 2 1st rounders, but not 1 3rd rounder either...It should be just one #1 pick. That's fair. Cause you know as much as we dislike him now, he's still gonna be a good a#* s running back.

Rose Colored Glasses

There's currently three threads on the subject of trading Ricky to Oakland and alot you seem to think that we'll get anything more than a conditional 1st, not to mention a 1st and whatever for Ricky's rights.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

For anyone retaining Ricky's rights will be faced with the possiblity of losing him for an entire year or more for his DOCUMENTED and AMITTED DRUG USE and ADMITTED MASKING USE....

It's just not realistic, it's almost like if I had bought $1.5 mansion in a nice part of Florida, only to find out two years later, that the soil is toxic from an old toxic waste site and people were developing cancer at an alarming rate. There's no way I'd get the same value I bought the house for because of the knowledge, so at that point, any reasonable offers that I got, i would take.

Back
Top Bottom