If the Raiders were to trade for Ricky, REALISTICALLY, what would we get? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Raiders were to trade for Ricky, REALISTICALLY, what would we get?

HofCityFan said:
I wouldn't do anything till this year is over and you see where Oakland will be picking if it a late 1st round then you ask for more if top 5 pick then thats all you ask
I dunno...I think if a 1st is offered you gotta take it now. Waiting till this year is over could increase Ricky's value or it could diminish it further. What if Ricky gains 40lbs? What if he gets so immersed in smoking weed that there is no way he would be willing to stop (he may be at that point now). What if he gets lost somewhere in Thailand and nobody knows where he is or how to contact him? What if the Raiders find a diamond in the rough in one of the RBs they already have? Then again, maybe he gets back on Paxil and gets his head straight, works out like a demon, and is ready to destroy the league after the 4th game in 2005. I just think that as damaged as he is now, it just isnt worth the risk of getting nothing for him if somebody is making a reasonable offer.

Ricky seems to me like one of those types of people that get bored to easily and has to move on to the next thing constantly. If people are catching on to that then we may not get anything for him. In which case I have to agree with others that say let him sit out the next few years and then see how he likes being the #2 back.

Nope

FlyingElvis said:
Interesting. So if he un-retires next year it won't be considered a 4th failure? I thought his filing for retirement was considered the 4th failure. Which would mean he would have to un-retire during this year (at some point?) to be eligible for 2005 season. I think we are breaking new ground here with Mr. Williams. Has there been a similar case?

The reason why they implemented that rule is because, players who KNOW that they're going to fail a drug test can say hey, I'm retired, file the papers and not be subject to a test, clean themselves up in say 4 weeks, un-retire and not face any penalty. This rules makes it if a player retires he has to atleast stay out for a year, to not be considered a failed drug test.

In Ricky's case he has 3 strikes, if he returns prior to the season end, he would be considered as a person who's failed 4x and eligble to be suspened indefinetly. If he returns next year, then he's only faced with serving the mandatory 4 week suspension.

here's the Herald link

Also explained here

he shouldnt be allowed to play ever again, the selfish prick.. we get at least a first or better

i say don't trade him for anything..... he already retired, so make him STAY retired... by the time his contract is over with us, he'll be over the hill in NFL years. No one will want him, and if they do, they won't pay him crap b/c he won't be a starter.... he'll be an Emmitt Smith by then... a backup veteran as a mentor.

So when he realizes a year from now or so that he either A) really needs the money or B) wants to play football again, i say we DENY him that since he jacked us up here... that would be the best bet.

-tex

Back
Top Bottom