If Trade Down..with the #7 Pick Miami Selects? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Trade Down..with the #7 Pick Miami Selects?

Who do we take with the #7 pick...

• Pac-Man Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antrel Rolle

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Mike Williams

Votes: 48 28.4%
  • Derrick Johnson

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Cadillac Williams

Votes: 78 46.2%
  • Other, plase state.

Votes: 19 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NJFINSFAN1 said:
Merriman or C. Williams at # 7
Clayton maybe at # 18

Clayton is the most polished receiver in the draft....he reminds you of Marvin Harrison....what pick would you select Marvin Harrison? Just think...of hearing this again....touchdown Clayton....sounds great...right!

Think we trade with Minny, and things work out great. Bears grab benson, and titans grab Rolle. Ronnie Brown falls to us at 7 (much cheaper then 2nd overall). Then even better Saban ges his man Marcus Spears at the 18 spot.

Maybe all of you guys are right on. Perhaps Saban sees this the way you do, and in a brilliant move, sees us getting Brown at #7 when in fact we would have taken him at #2 anyway. And, we get additional picks in the process. What a brilliant move. :roflmao:

if Mike Williams is there then obviously him.. I love the guy, he is top of my draft board by a mile. He is awesome, and I honestly don't think that there is a player in the draft that can influence this team as much as he can.

However, I can't see him getting to #7, consequently, although I'd want a RB, I voted for Antrel Rolle. He is a big, fast, physical corner that is in the Saban mold because of his mature muscular frame and long arms. He can be a genuine difference maker, and over the course of two seasons Madison/Surtain becomes Rolle/Poole and we have our CBs sorted for the next 8 years.

Rolle has been compared very closely to Chris McAllister, and his only knock has been speed, but 4.49 is very fast.

Fins 34 said:
Maybe all of you guys are right on. Perhaps Saban sees this the way you do, and in a brilliant move, sees us getting Brown at #7 when in fact we would have taken him at #2 anyway. And, we get additional picks in the process. What a brilliant move. :roflmao:
Very Probable!
I could see the following:
1-SF- Smith
2-Minn- Edwards
3-Cle- Rogers
4-Chi- Benson
5-TB- Mike Williams
6-Tenn- Rolle
7-Mia- BROWN!!!!!!!! Great fit for our new offense.

MiamiMan147 said:
... three huge reaches at #7.

Not as far a reach than taking a QB that doesn't know how to play pro-style football at 1 or 2.....then again....none of us really know who or what player to Saban is worth the 7th pick....thats the fun part.

Spears...best 3-4 DE in the draft

Merriman....best OLB/DE in the draft

Clayton...most ready receiver in the draft

All high character....all ready to start...the first day...and all meet the Dolphins needs.

Merriman isn't a reach at #7. He is another Saban type guy. Great athlete.

i honestly think mike williams or brown will be there @ 7 and i say they take williams and get a RB later on

I see it like this:

1. Smith
2. Edwards
3. M. Williams
4. Benson
5. Brown
6 Rolle
7. C. Williams

My surprise is that Rodgers will fall hard if not selected by 49ers. Possibly out of the top 10.

finsnchips said:
Merriman isn't a reach at #7. He is another Saban type guy. Great athlete.

I agree. He's done enough to show he's worthy of a top ten pick.

If by some miracle of god, Mike Williams is on the board at #7 we should most definately take him.

Between Cadillac and Antrel. I had to go with Cadillac based on pure need. Antrel would be a great addition to secondary.

Merriman is less of a reach than the other two, but I still think he goes somewhere between 10-15. Clayton goes in the 2nd half of the 1st round as the 4th WR. Same with spears although some mocks have him dropping out of the 1st entirely.

Spears, Merriman, Williamson or any RB left. It all depends on who is available, if Mike is around he is the ovbious choice, I dont want Rolle, we are fine with Madison/Poole, and if you pretend to place Rolle at FS, I rather Bullocks in the second, if the Surtain trade gels.

Back
Top Bottom