If Trade Down..with the #7 Pick Miami Selects? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Trade Down..with the #7 Pick Miami Selects?

Who do we take with the #7 pick...

• Pac-Man Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antrel Rolle

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Mike Williams

Votes: 48 28.4%
  • Derrick Johnson

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Cadillac Williams

Votes: 78 46.2%
  • Other, plase state.

Votes: 19 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we are sitting at 7 and Mike Williams is there(which I dont think he will be) he is absolutely the choice!!! I am a huge Ronnie Brown supporter but getting the best player in the draft at 7 is a steal! When we would pick again at 18 I would love to see Thomas Davis, Marcus Spears, Michael Clayton(If we get a RB at 7), Travis Johnson, or my favorite choice is trade down with the Eagles so they can get another reciever. Get the 31st overall, our 2nd, per the value chart we may have to give something back for this to work. But with TO showing his butt, and they have quite a few picks I'd hold fast. If we pulled this off with the 31st we could end up with a player like Darryl Blackstock or Marlin Jackson. With our original 2nd we could take a player like David Baas or Elton Brown. Then we still have Minnys 2nd which would be an ideal spot for Charlie Frye!!! Right in front of the Packers!!! If we dont take a CB Corey Webster could be a possibility here.

I agree Fins2. M. Williams is the surest thing in the draft. If he had played last year, we would be talking about him going #1.

pcfin said:
I agree Fins2. M. Williams is the surest thing in the draft. If he had played last year, we would be talking about him going #1.

He would have been one of the top 2 WR's in last years draft and it was absolutely stacked with great WR's. Im not knocking Edwards but he isnt in the same category as Williams.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
haha...benson goes 4th to chicago no matter what!!!!

As long as he doesn't come to Miami in two years for 2 first round picks....I don't care.

With the 7th pick, Miami will take QB Rodgers if he's on the board

Fins2theend said:
If we are sitting at 7 and Mike Williams is there(which I dont think he will be) he is absolutely the choice!!! I am a huge Ronnie Brown supporter but getting the best player in the draft at 7 is a steal! When we would pick again at 18 I would love to see Thomas Davis, Marcus Spears, Michael Clayton(If we get a RB at 7), Travis Johnson, or my favorite choice is trade down with the Eagles so they can get another reciever. Get the 31st overall, our 2nd, per the value chart we may have to give something back for this to work. But with TO showing his butt, and they have quite a few picks I'd hold fast. If we pulled this off with the 31st we could end up with a player like Darryl Blackstock or Marlin Jackson. With our original 2nd we could take a player like David Baas or Elton Brown. Then we still have Minnys 2nd which would be an ideal spot for Charlie Frye!!! Right in front of the Packers!!! If we dont take a CB Corey Webster could be a possibility here.

You guys think if we trade with minny.....we will get their 7,18,and 2nd....is that fair?

I would love this to happen!

TheBostonBomber said:
You guys think if we trade with minny.....we will get their 7,18,and 2nd....is that fair?

I would love this to happen!

I see it this way....their 7th, 18th and the 120th....considering the Dolphins need a player to trade down...no sense getting stupid and greedy. Besides...the Vikes may not be the only trading down partner the Dolphins will have in the first round.

Two more points of clarity: Despite reports to the contrary, the Vikings never contacted San Francisco about trying to acquire the top pick in the draft. It was the 49ers who initiated those talks. Also, the Vikings are steadfast in wanting to hold onto their second choice in the first round, the No. 18 spot. That was never offered to teams in any trade-up discussions.

from espn insider... hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom