If Tua is the pick we need a RT not a LT in round one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua is the pick we need a RT not a LT in round one

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Tua is a southpaw. So, if he's the pick we need to make the big OL pick a RT not a LT. What do you guys think about Willis probably at #25? Not only from Bama but the RT that watched Tua's back from there. Curious what thise who watch Bama regularly think about him. If not him, who do we want in draft or FA knowing the RT would be the main spot on the line with a southpaw.

Below excerpt is from here: https://walterfootball.com/draft2020ot.php

"
  1. Alabama_logo.gif
    Jedrick Wills*, OT, Alabama
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.17.
    Projected Round (2020): 1-2.
    1/13/20: Wills was the starting right tackle for Alabama in 2019 and had an excellent season for the Crimson Tide. He has the strength to open holes in the ground game with the quickness and athleticism to block on the edge. Wills looks like a quick starter at right tackle in the NFL. As a sophomore in 2018, Wills earned the starting spot on the right edge and remained the starter at right tackle over 2018 and 2019."

Wills, Wirfs are both RT and Jones worked a lot during senior bowl week at RT. There are options in the 1st to fill that role should it provide the most value at the time of the pick. Thomas and Becton are pure LT types so unless they fall and provide crazy value at 18 then I would see one of the others gaining traction.

Yup and this is a good draft for that.

If anyone is expecting us to sign Conklin be ready to be disappointed. Have heard there is no chance of Miami going after him based on the price.

Yup and this is a good draft for that.

If anyone is expecting us to sign Conklin be ready to be disappointed. Have heard there is no chance of Miami going after him based on the price.

Yes and who wants to use their TE or RB to help the guy all day long in pass pro?

Just another way to sneak in a Tua thread lol …

We need to build the OL with the best guys we can find/afford … I'm not sure in todays NFL with the DE's ability to move from one end to the other and even "roam" that it's necessary to choose one tackle over another like it used to be … but, as mentioned earlier "bookends" would be ideal … having a good blocking TE AND a FB doesn't hurt either … a good OC can game plan around some weaknesses as well … I wouldn't target a RT specifically unless he is BPA at the time and then I would have to consider other weaknesses like the running game and DL

My big board for offensive line (since we are so needy, we can take either!) and im phone posting so if its spelled wrong then... whatever.

1. Thomas UGA
2. Tristan Wharf IOWA
3. Jedrick Willis Jr BAMA
4. Biadasz WISC
5. Austin Jackson USC
6. Becton LOU
7. Berry C from LSU
8. Trey Adams Washington

Back
Top Bottom