If Tua Keeps Kicking Ass... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua Keeps Kicking Ass...

I mean that the earlier he is on the field, the sooner will build up his NFL experience. That's all he needs, experience, and nothing else. With a solid o-line in place or not, let him play in order to gain experience because the earlier he goes through his growing pains (snap to snap), the sooner he will be set as an experienced qb. So I would love to see him play every game this season. Throwing him into the fire early rather than later will result in his maturing sooner. That's all for me.

For me the performance of the OL is more of a factor than Tua's actual performance.

We already know that he is the future and is probably the best QB on the roster right now.

But I don't put him out there too soon because I do not want to risk him behind a less than good OL.

At least not until he is further removed from his serious hip injury.

But if the OL is playing well early and Fitz is not then I am all for Tua getting his shot earlier than later, as long as he is physically ready.

But the desire to see him as soon as possible should be tempered by the knowledge that Tua's value to the team is about the next 10+ years not a few games in September of 2020.

Nah. Flores will sit him at the very least 1 game. Flores is actually lucky there will be empty stadiums because the fans would be screaming Tua every time Fitz messed up.

...in practice, do you see Flores putting him as starter early rather than later - even if Fitz plays well?

I say yes!

Nope. Unless TT is CLEARLY better AND he wins the confidence of vets. C19 hurt his chances of doing that

We will see Tua around week 5..Fitzpatrick should be done by than. Fitzpatrick is old. Than he should stay on sideline be qb coach too Tua...

I mean that the earlier he is on the field, the sooner will build up his NFL experience. That's all he needs, experience, and nothing else. With a solid o-line in place or not, let him play in order to gain experience because the earlier he goes through his growing pains (snap to snap), the sooner he will be set as an experienced qb. So I would love to see him play every game this season. Throwing him into the fire early rather than later will result in his maturing sooner. That's all for me.

Coming off the hip injury? Are you really serious about this? I could not disagree more.

As jimthefin said after you, the performance of the offensive line is more of a factor than Tua's performance.

I don't care if he looks like the second coming of Dan Marino and Joe Montana's love child out there in practice, I would never let him set foot on the field until I was sure the OL was doing the minimum they needed to do (or better) to keep him safe.

Anybody can get injured on a freak play, or running around, or whatever, but I need confidence in the OL in general before Tua sees the field, and I would hope Flores would need that as well.

Back
Top Bottom