If Tua Keeps Kicking Ass... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua Keeps Kicking Ass...

I’m not a doctor but I’m pretty sure the hip is as good as it’s going to get. He’s going to get hit no matter how good the OL is. My feeling is if he’s the best player at the position he should play. I’d also like to make sure he can take hit since Miami is loaded with picks again next season and could be in position to draft a QB. Not that I’m smitten by the top 3 QB’s YET.

Personally, I'd like to see Tua enter two games where the team is losing by about 40 points and can't do a single thing right in any phase of the game, get started on short notice against a hot team on the road, and then pull him two weeks later when our gameplan involves lots of play designs where ball carriers get hit 6 yards behind the line every series and the linemen can't even give the QB two seconds to throw. I think that's the exact way to break in a young QB in.

If he does not die 1st...No doubt the perfect way to BREAK HIM in. Lol

I’m not a doctor but I’m pretty sure the hip is as good as it’s going to get. He’s going to get hit no matter how good the OL is. My feeling is if he’s the best player at the position he should play. I’d also like to make sure he can take hit since Miami is loaded with picks again next season and could be in position to draft a QB. Not that I’m smitten by the top 3 QB’s YET.

The hip might be healed but what it comes down to is how strong do the surrounding ligaments and supporting muscles become again, does his range of motion feel natural, if it doesn’t how does he adjust to an altered range of motion, if it’s an altered range of motion is he staying healthy by not using his back and glutes to over compensate for the hip, and finally no matter how he shakes out, is the confidence there?

that stuff just takes time to find out.

Do you want to bet me that Miami doesn't make the playoffs? I think every team realistically knows their chances of winning the super bowl. Have you heard any players on Miami say this team has the pieces right now to compete for a super bowl?

It's the youngest team in the NFL. The players know that. They're fighting for the future, not for right now.

If you're expecting anything from this team this year you're in fantasyland

You really think the players on this team are not thinking SB?

They are not talking about it because they are finally being coached right, and would rather do their talking on the field.

Yes, they have to know they will have one of the least experienced teams out there, they probably know very well that the O- line on offense needs to prove they can block as a unit, and the front 7 need to prove they can consistently get to the QB, but hard not to see the boundless good on this team.

The Secondary looks to be loaded...Miami is loaded with good defensive players against the run...Though depleted from what they started out with, receiving wise, with players like Parker, Williams, Gesicki, there is some way above average talent on the pass-catching unit...Fitz when he's on, is extremely effective, if he's not, Miami drafted the next great QB...in the running game Miami will have more effective RBs then they have had in a while...Though just one year, and it was only a 5 win season, Coach Flores has proven himself to most.

Not saying Miami is guaranteed to be going to the SB, or even the playoffs, but there is no doubt in my mind most to all the players have SB on their minds, and how they have just as good a chance as anyone. Coach Flores has them thinking about right now...not the future.

You really think the players on this team are not thinking SB?

They are not talking about it because they are finally being coached right, and would rather do their talking on the field.

Yes, they have to know they will have one of the least experienced teams out there, they probably know very well that the O- line on offense needs to prove they can block as a unit, and the front 7 need to prove they can consistently get to the QB, but hard not to see the boundless good on this team.

The Secondary looks to be loaded...Miami is loaded with good defensive players against the run...Though depleted from what they started out with, receiving wise, with players like Parker, Williams, Gesicki, there is some way above average talent on the pass-catching unit...Fitz when he's on, is extremely effective, if he's not, Miami drafted the next great QB...in the running game Miami will have more effective RBs then they have had in a while...Though just one year, and it was only a 5 win season, Coach Flores has proven himself to most.

Not saying Miami is guaranteed to be going to the SB, or even the playoffs, but there is no doubt in my mind most to all the players have SB on their minds, and how they have just as good a chance as anyone. Coach Flores has them thinking about right now...not the future.

Like many here, I'm not optimistic about the 1st 8 games. Too many new players, likely a number of rookies, and new coaches. PLUS, little practice and no PS. With that said, I'll be interested in where Miami ranks in the playoff picture if only the last 8 games counted. I don't expect an 8 game AFC champ, but I expect better play than the 1st 8 games.

Like many here, I'm not optimistic about the 1st 8 games. Too many new players, likely a number of rookies, and new coaches. PLUS, little practice and no PS. With that said, I'll be interested in where Miami ranks in the playoff picture if only the last 8 games counted. I don't expect an 8 game AFC champ, but I expect better play than the 1st 8 games.

Truth be known, we really have no idea what type of team Miami will have.

An educated guess will say because Miami improved talent wise, but will have a lot of young and new talent that need to get used to each other, they're probably middle of the road.

On the other hand, if with great coaching, and hard work the players sync well together, this is a better then middle of the road team, and probably a possible playoff team.

Touche'

Not complaining just observing a pattern ... couldn't care less personally ... to add content or opinions to my "complaint" would result in an attack on a poster ...spin it how you like
But you're right some things are better not said

my apologies SCLSU Mud Dogs

Haha you don't need to apologize, I'm just being snarky

After some of the well stated comments posted here, I am doing an about-face and saying that, yes, it would very beneficial both for Tau and the team that he (Tua) be eased into the line-up if not for this year, then next season. Great opposing replies dudes, you all changed my thinking. Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom