If Wanny was a FinHeaven visitor... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Wanny was a FinHeaven visitor...

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
If Coach Wanny was to visit FinHeaven.. what advise would you give to him with regards to this up coming season??

I think the number 1 words of wisdom I would share with him would be.....................

Dave... when there is a turnover against us.. or when the other teams makes a spectacular play.. such as a kick return for 40 plus yards or when they score a TD pass of 40 plus yards, the television camera usually focuses in on you to get your reaction.. Well...... 9 times out of 10, you are seen with that dumbfounded look on your face like.. What in the world just happened? How cant this happen.... I am soooo confused.. Whats going on here??

When you pace the sidelines in that agitated state with the look of total confusion.. at the other end of the television, it looks like you have lost control of the team and you have no clue what to do to change things..

Coaching football is like being the captain of a sinking ship.. even if your wrong.... bark out your orders with leadership and confidence...

I would advise him to not listen to the fans, including myself, because they are usually wrong:

"Start Mitchell"
"Start Huard"
"Start Lucas"
"Draft Yatil"
"Get Druckenmiller"
"Get Cade McNown"

& finally

"Start Griese"

My advice would be

....Dave, get off your a$$ and go fetch me another beer.

Originally posted by zachseau13
I would advise him to not listen to the fans, including myself, because they are usually wrong:

"Start Mitchell"
"Start Huard"
"Start Lucas"
"Draft Yatil"
"Get Druckenmiller"
"Get Cade McNown"

& finally

"Start Griese"

That was an excellent post:clap:

I agree with ZachSeau13. Also, his demanour on the sidelines is one of composure. He's gotta be the one keeping a level head. On the good plays and on the bad ones.

What I would tell him is that the next time the fans start booing their home team, because of a bad pass or whatever, I will do what I can to shut them up. It is very easy for us to blame people, but sometimes I am embarrased about some of our fans. If you boo one player (Fiedler comes to mind) you are booing the entire team.

Let's worry about being fans and we can let Wanny worry about coaching.

uj

I wouldnt give him any advice because he wouldnt use it and im not a coach and dont have any experience but i would praise him for this off season

I think to get rid of that dumbfounded look on his face he should smoke a black & mild cigar. That way at least he would look like he is in control when things go sour. I would tell him look man you have so many weapons at your disposal this year, use them wisely and definitely when things start going bad, Wan show some emotion and fire those players up! My coach use to say to us, "Are you gonna let those guys get touchdowns and make them feel like they are playing against pretty women in skirts?! That hypo insult did the trick(he said worse than that).

I would advise him never to stand in front of Zach while he's STRECTHING!!!!!!

This thread can only lead to bad things for Wanny when the bills Fans get a hold of it.

Originally posted by Jeep
If Coach Wanny was to visit FinHeaven.. what advise would you give to him with regards to this up coming season??

I think the number 1 words of wisdom I would share with him would be.....................

Dave... when there is a turnover against us.. or when the other teams makes a spectacular play.. such as a kick return for 40 plus yards or when they score a TD pass of 40 plus yards, the television camera usually focuses in on you to get your reaction.. Well...... 9 times out of 10, you are seen with that dumbfounded look on your face like.. What in the world just happened? How cant this happen.... I am soooo confused.. Whats going on here??

When you pace the sidelines in that agitated state with the look of total confusion.. at the other end of the television, it looks like you have lost control of the team and you have no clue what to do to change things..

Coaching football is like being the captain of a sinking ship.. even if your wrong.... bark out your orders with leadership and confidence...

Since he would be "searching my advice", I would tell him to not change things in the second half. Finish the way we start, agressive. If you trust the O enough to let them build a decent lead, trust them to improve upon it and finish it. Don't rely soley on the D to win. There are 45 players out there, use them ALL to our biggest advantage!!

I would tell him,

"Dave, you need to do all you can to look 'mean' and 'ferocious' and 'cool' for the TV cameras during the game because some of your facial expressions aren't exactly what some fans desire."

Wanny: "But it's sunny out and I have to squint".

"Nevermind that. Looks are important on the sidelines, regardless of what's going on in your head. We want to see you lose your temper and get out of character a bit. Esentially, pretend your somebody else."

Wanny: "Kid, I've forgotten more football than you could ever dream of knowing. I've got Super Bowl and National Championship rings on my fingers. I've been Coach of the Year. I've got a lot on my mind out there. I'm just trying to get the damn thing done."

"Still, some people think you look confused out there during the game"

Wanny: "Does it look like I care?? Where were these people when I put extra DBs in on 4th and Goal from the 1 during the Super Bowl and destroyed Buffalo's suprise trick play?? I'm sure I had the same look then. And since when does a few quick shots capture what I've been doing on the sidelines for three hours?? Are they dialed into my headset??"

Thank you Dave. I realize now that my questions sucked and were dumb. Good luck this season.

:tongue:

Originally posted by Muck
I would tell him,

"Dave, you need to do all you can to look 'mean' and 'ferocious' and 'cool' for the TV cameras during the game because some of your facial expressions aren't exactly what some fans desire."

Wanny: "But it's sunny out and I have to squint".

"Nevermind that. Looks are important on the sidelines, regardless of what's going on in your head. We want to see you lose your temper and get out of character a bit. Esentially, pretend your somebody else."

Wanny: "Kid, I've forgotten more football than you could ever dream of knowing. I've got Super Bowl and National Championship rings on my fingers. I've been Coach of the Year. I've got a lot on my mind out there. I'm just trying to get the damn thing done."

"Still, some people think you look confused out there during the game"

Wanny: "Does it look like I care?? Where were these people when I put extra DBs in on 4th and Goal from the 1 during the Super Bowl and destroyed Buffalo's suprise trick play?? I'm sure I had the same look then. And since when does a few quick shots capture what I've been doing on the sidelines for three hours?? Are they dialed into my headset??"

Thank you Dave. I realize now that my questions sucked and were dumb. Good luck this season.

:tongue:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :eat:

Back
Top Bottom