If Wanny was a FinHeaven visitor... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Wanny was a FinHeaven visitor...

Originally posted by Muck
I would tell him,

"Dave, you need to do all you can to look 'mean' and 'ferocious' and 'cool' for the TV cameras during the game because some of your facial expressions aren't exactly what some fans desire."

Wanny: "But it's sunny out and I have to squint".

"Nevermind that. Looks are important on the sidelines, regardless of what's going on in your head. We want to see you lose your temper and get out of character a bit. Esentially, pretend your somebody else."

Wanny: "Kid, I've forgotten more football than you could ever dream of knowing. I've got Super Bowl and National Championship rings on my fingers. I've been Coach of the Year. I've got a lot on my mind out there. I'm just trying to get the damn thing done."

"Still, some people think you look confused out there during the game"

Wanny: "Does it look like I care?? Where were these people when I put extra DBs in on 4th and Goal from the 1 during the Super Bowl and destroyed Buffalo's suprise trick play?? I'm sure I had the same look then. And since when does a few quick shots capture what I've been doing on the sidelines for three hours?? Are they dialed into my headset??"

Thank you Dave. I realize now that my questions sucked and were dumb. Good luck this season.

:tongue:

:lol:

While I agree that Dave looks "confused" on the sidelines at times I also agree with Muck..... So what!

If DW has to look like his "Ferret is peaking" while he concentrates then so be it as long as he is managing the game well. Michael Jordan ran around the court looking like he was "special Ed." with his tongue hanging out all the time. Didn't seem to affect his game. We should just view Dave's looks as extra entertainment for the money!

Only thing i would say to Dave is, RUN RICKY RUN.. three words, he is a beast in the second half of the game...

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Only thing i would say to Dave is, RUN RICKY RUN.. three words, he is a beast in the second half of the game...

Where have we heard that before.:D

I would tell him,

"Dave, you need to do all you can to look 'mean' and 'ferocious' and 'cool' for the TV cameras during the game because some of your facial expressions aren't exactly what some fans desire."

"Nevermind that. Looks are important on the sidelines, regardless of what's going on in your head. We want to see you lose your temper and get out of character a bit. Esentially, pretend your somebody else."

Wanny: "Kid, I've forgotten more football than you could ever dream of knowing. I've got Super Bowl and National Championship rings on my fingers. I've been Coach of the Year. I've got a lot on my mind out there. I'm just trying to get the damn thing done."

Wanny: "Does it look like I care?? Where were these people when I put extra DBs in on 4th and Goal from the 1 during the Super Bowl and destroyed Buffalo's suprise trick play?? I'm sure I had the same look then. And since when does a few quick shots capture what I've been doing on the sidelines for three hours?? Are they dialed into my headset??"

Thank you Dave. I realize now that my questions sucked and were dumb. Good luck this season.

MUCK = DAVE ?

Who knew ?

Coaching football is like being the captain of a sinking ship.. even if your wrong.... bark out your orders with leadership and confidence...

I'm just wondering what qualifies Jeep to start spouting out platitudes of what coaching is all about to a tenured NFL coach who has like 8 years of head coaching under his belt. I mean sure, its Jeep's opinion and he's certainly allowed to have it, but he's talking about this is what he would say to Dave Wannstedt's face and I'm just wondering if he did indeed get the chance to say this to Dave Wannstedt, what sort of credibility can Jeep lend to his own advice on coaching that would stop Dave Wannstedt from saying "Son contrary to what you might think you really don't have the first clue what 'coaching football is like'"

And Muck, that was pretty damn funny, have to give it up to ya.

And right about now I'm sure we're going to see a thread pop up about how ashamed someone is to be a DolFan because of the way people on here argue against and attack other posters who post their thoughts about the Dolphins...and, of course, a bunch of would-be martyrs will come out of the woodwork and say "I too have been attacked for posting my thoughts..." :rolleyes:

Martyrs ?

Hey CK,

What exactly is your avatar doing ? :lol: :lol:

I would tell him,

Thank You Muck..Well said..

I think some of us around here just don't get it..Dave has the most wins than any other coach in the last three years..Nuff said..

I always thought it was a pained expression.....like the one I get when we screw up or the other team makes a big play......I didn't realize I was making a confused face.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I'm just wondering what qualifies Jeep to start spouting out platitudes of what coaching is all about to a tenured NFL coach who has like 8 years of head coaching under his belt. I mean sure, its Jeep's opinion and he's certainly allowed to have it, but he's talking about this is what he would say to Dave Wannstedt's face and I'm just wondering if he did indeed get the chance to say this to Dave Wannstedt, what sort of credibility can Jeep lend to his own advice on coaching that would stop Dave Wannstedt from saying "Son contrary to what you might think you really don't have the first clue what 'coaching football is like'"

And Muck, that was pretty damn funny, have to give it up to ya.

And right about now I'm sure we're going to see a thread pop up about how ashamed someone is to be a DolFan because of the way people on here argue against and attack other posters who post their thoughts about the Dolphins...and, of course, a bunch of would-be martyrs will come out of the woodwork and say "I too have been attacked for posting my thoughts..." :rolleyes:

Wow... if thats not a personal attack.... then dayum........ what is??

Originally posted by FauxReality
Dayum!.....I guess you aint got no reply?

interpret this one :rolleyes:

Sure.. I have a reply... but everyone knows Parrothead is nothing but a punk with a case of diarrhea of the mouth.. He is the type of guy that talks to hear himself think..

All I meant by my comment was... if your a leader.. NFL Coach, Owner of your own business or a manager of the local BurgerKing.. you have to show confidence in yourself and in your ability to lead others..

If your ranting and raving like you have no clue.. then your subordinates will see that...

That's cool dog, I don't know about that parrothead thing, thats your deal but, I agree you do have to show confidence to the boys. Part of being confident is staying cool. Them cameras are just waiting for some emotion to show the people at home the rest of the time DW is cool as a bean. I think you're just catching him at an emotional moment and tht's the way the man looks. just my $.05 dog.

Oh quit your whining Jeep, that was not a personal attack it was a simple question. If Dave Wannstedt was right in front of you and you told him your misgivings with how he looks on the sidelines when something bad happens and then followed it up with some silly platitude like "Coaching football is like being the captain of a sinking ship.. even if your wrong.... bark out your orders with leadership and confidence..." he would look you right in the eye and ask you what in god's name you think you know about coaching.

There's a difference between a personal attack and someone calling your point into question. For an example simply scroll above and look at the difference between Post #23 and Post #27. With some other people I might have given them a little more benefit of the doubt, but because I'm very familiar with your past attacks on Wannstedt and everyone within sight on the board who tries to argue against you, there's no need IMO for me to worry about offending you when I argue your point, as long as I don't fall into attacking you which I didn't. Grow up man.

DW, my advice would be to follow your instincts as a coach. You probably know best.

Back
Top Bottom