IF we draft a WR, who gets the axe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we draft a WR, who gets the axe?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

We will have Ginn, Cam, Bess, Hartline, Turner, and +Draftee (6 players)... We only kept 5 WRs on the roster the past two years and I expect this trend to continue. Two of these guys will not even suit up on game day since we generally only take 4 WRs to have 1 more linemen. And they need to be ST contributors to play on game day.

Hartline or Ginn will make the roster b/c of their dual value (Offense and STs)

Then you have Turner, Bess, and Cam.

Is it too early to give up on Turner? If you say NO then why even draft a WR?

Bess and Cam are almost identical in skill set but I wouldn't want to lose either. How do you choose who to cut between the two? The obvious answer is Cam b/c of knee injury and older than Bess. BUT Cam does so well when he plays.

This is a tough call. BUT I think we stash Turner on the Practice Squad b/c if we do draft another WR, then I think that means we have pretty much given up on Turner.

We will have Ginn, Cam, Bess, Hartline, Turner, and +Draftee (6 players)...two of these guys will not suit up on game day since we generally only take 4 WRs to have more linemen. And they need to be ST contributors to play on game day.

Its not going to be Hartline or Ginn b/c of their dual value (Offense and STs)

Then you have Turner, Bess, and Cam.

Is it too early to give up on Turner? If you say NO then why even draft a WR?

Bess and Cam are almost identical in skill set but I wouldn't want to lose either. How do you choose who to cut between the two? The obvious answer is Cam b/c of knee injury and older than Bess. BUT Cam does so well when he plays.

This is a tough call. BUT I think we stash Turner on the Practice Squad b/c if we do draft another WR, then I think that means we have pretty much given up on Turner.

Turner has yet to play in a single game. We are not going to sit a guy for no reason. Something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Whcih leads me to think Turner wont be on the roster in 2010

Too much time between now and 53 men to speculate. If the injury bug hits a team at receiver and you can trade Ginn for a 4th or 5th (bye bye), package deal with another team for one receiver and a pick, release/cut there are just so many ways that any of the teams receivers could end up off the roster next season speculating about it is good gossip but almost pointless at this point in the year.

no one...
Parcells wont draft WR early.. possibly not at all...
I believe the only guy he would draft on the offensive side would be CJ Spiller if he fell to #12...highly unlikely..
I think the only offensive guys ,Outside OL, hes drafted in the 1st round is RB..
ie; CurtisMartin,Jones

Bring everyone in for camp and see what happens. Usually one or more bomb out or get hurt (which I hope not, but happens). But if by some strange occurance everyone does great and forces the issue, then there's always trades or practice squads. But for now, bring in as many as possible and see who excels.

I have a feeling we are going to use Cam as trade bait or ammo.

If we have to get rid of one of our active WRs, I think Cam ends up being the odd man out, which is sad. He's tremendously valuable to us and catches everything thrown his way. Unfortunately I think we wouldn't get much value for him in a trade - he's just one of those guys that gets constantly undervalued by teams and by fans.

Turner probably goes on the P/S.

If we have to get rid of one of our active WRs, I think Cam ends up being the odd man out, which is sad. He's tremendously valuable to us and catches everything thrown his way. Unfortunately I think we wouldn't get much value for him in a trade - he's just one of those guys that gets constantly undervalued by teams and by fans.

Turner probably goes on the P/S.

So if you are saying that turner ends up on the practice squad , whats the reasoning behind cutting Cam?

We wont be drafting a WR in this draft. As far as who gets the ax......... Icant believe this is even a question. Its Ginn. Dont gimmie that "he's a dual threat" crap either. He's a scared piece of garbage. Het him outta here!!!!!! Now lets pick up that big name WR in FA...............hint hint Boldin.

Well...Sparano and Ireland have shown us with Shawn Murphy that they don't mind to admit a mistake with a draft pick and cut the dead wait. Patrick Turner will be give the off season and training camp to show that he can develop into a red zone threat, if he doesn't bridge the gap he is gone.

Back
Top Bottom