If We Get Brees... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Get Brees...

WARHORSE said:
There comes a point and time when you know the blitz is coming, (like after youve seen it five consecutive plays) and you make them pay for coming after you. All Im saying is, hope that Saban can change the current trend for Brees should he come to you. Cause if you dont, youre gonna be pounding you table screaming, "GET RID OF IT!!!!"

I'm not sure I agree with you here. I've watched the Chargers and Brees over the years, and I've never made the comparison of Brees to Bledsoe. And I've seen ALOT of Bledsoe with the Patriots and Bills. Bledsoe is clumsy in the pocket, and he's completely immobile.

While Brees may not be the most athletic QB in the league, he still moves better in the pocket and has superior pocket presence. Bledsoe is also the poster boy for holding onto the ball and taking sacks. I don't ever remember Brees' sack totals being completely outrageous.

Being Dolphins fans and having witnessed the horror at the position since Marino retired, I think we can handle it.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'm not sure I agree with you here. I've watched the Chargers and Brees alot over the years, and I've never made the comparison of Brees to Bledsoe. And I've seen ALOT of Bledsoe with the Patriots and Bills. Bledsoe is clumsy in the pocket, and he's completely immobile.

While Brees may not be the most athletic QB in the league, he still moves better in the pocket than Bledsoe ever has. Bledsoe is also the poster boy for holding onto the ball and taking sacks. I don't ever remember Brees' sack totals being completly outrageous.

I dont disagree with you. Brees brings more savvy to the pocket, and he is a scrapper for sure. He plays hard and wants to win badly. As well, hes a great lockeroom guy. He has more mobility than Bledsoe, but thats not what the similarities I mentioned are.

WARHORSE said:
You guys are VERY tough. The problem......IMO......is your coaching.

Head coach to be exact.

Brees is decent.....but like I said........no hero.

If Feidler can win 11 games and Ferotte 9, leaving out the AJ experiment, I think Brees can find a home in South Florida !!:tongue:

foozool13 said:
My 2 cents on Brees ... I went to the SD vs Phins game in SD last year and say how Brees is. Brees is not the kind of QB that can win games on his own. He is a pure play action passer with very little mobility. Hw is similar to Kurt Warner, (but with worse accuracy and vision) in the sense that he needs a huge playmaker on offense (e.g. Marshall Faulk) to open his passing game up. Now with the offense that we have built up so far (Brown and Chambers) I see him being able to succeed in our offense and i will support him if we pick him up, BUT I just dont think think that he is a QB that can lead us to the big one. Can't throw to well under the blitz which will be his downfall in the playoffs (people blitz in the playoffs like its running out of style ... Steelers, Broncos, etc.). Plus he will be toooooooo expensive.

Actually, if you give him time, he is one of the most accurate passers in the game.

WARHORSE said:
Brees will do just enough for you to make you mad as heck.
He does not thrive under the blitz. Say goodbye as well, to any long passes down the field to Chambers.

So says the "Jake" Brees gave us better game than your boy. Dolphins Rule.:D

I work with a law firm that deals with injuries and we get those Torn Labrum or torn rotator cuffs all the time...

and let me tell you guys that they are one of the most (if not the most) complicated parts of the body that you can injure....because that is the only part of the body connected by muscle tissue....the bones are not actually joint....

I'm telling you, it takes a while to recover from an injury like that....and in most cases there is tissue lost in those types of surgeries.....San Diego is doing the smart thing by parting ways (especially since they have a franchise QB waiting in the wings)....and i'd say its smart for us to pick him up but only at a cheap price...

with that type of injury, I would not go all out for Brees....and it's too bad because i actually like Drew Brees....he's a good QB (or was a good QB).

IF it was me and i had the choice right now, I would choose DBrees over Plummer hands down. but thats just me.

ASUFinFan said:
IF it was me and i had the choice right now, I would choose DBrees over Plummer hands down. but thats just me.

Personally i don't like Jake Plummer....But if you asked me who would i take right now....the smartest choice would be Plummer over Brees, simply because of the injury....

Had they asked me last year (or before the injury) then i would take Brees.

Predaphin said:
Personally i don't like Jake Plummer....But if you asked me who would i take right now....the smartest choice would be Plummer over Brees, simply because of the injury....

Had they asked me last year (or before the injury) then i would take Brees.

yah i thought about that right after i posted it. even still, say he can recover completely and be the same qb which is what im hoping for, id take him. plummer just reminds me of a gritty fiedler, wants to win really bad, and has good season win numbers, but in the playoffs just doesnt play well.

Predaphin said:
I work with a law firm that deals with injuries and we get those Torn Labrum or torn rotator cuffs all the time...

and let me tell you guys that they are one of the most (if not the most) complicated parts of the body that you can injure....because that is the only part of the body connected by muscle tissue....the bones are not actually joint....

I'm telling you, it takes a while to recover from an injury like that....and in most cases there is tissue lost in those types of surgeries.....San Diego is doing the smart thing by parting ways (especially since they have a franchise QB waiting in the wings)....and i'd say its smart for us to pick him up but only at a cheap price...

with that type of injury, I would not go all out for Brees....and it's too bad because i actually like Drew Brees....he's a good QB (or was a good QB).

I don't disagree ... But I'm not sure it's right to lump torn labrum and torn rotator cuff into the same discussion. Brees tore his labrum - not his rotator cuff. Pennington tore his rotator cuff (twice) and also his labrum.

My understanding is that the rotator cuff is a set of four muscles & generates power in the throwing motion. The labrum is NOT a muscle and kind of holds every thing in place.

There was a lot of literature on it in SD right after it happened & this is what I remember. I will certainly defer to experts or anyone else who deals more directly with these type of things.

ASUFinFan said:
yah i thought about that right after i posted it. even still, say he can recover completely and be the same qb which is what im hoping for, id take him. plummer just reminds me of a gritty fiedler, wants to win really bad, and has good season win numbers, but in the playoffs just doesnt play well.

not to mention his ego problems....I remember where he flipped off the camera at one point.....

Predaphin said:
not to mention his ego problems....I remember where he flipped off the camera at one point.....

for sure, even though plummer went to asu haha....but i dont like bonds either so what can you do. i want brees in miami tho even with this injury, maybe that injury will help keep his cost down, little leverage for us maybe

buckeyebolt said:
Man, you guys start a lot of new threads.... :D

I REALLY don't think that in SD, this is about the injury, as much as it is that they already have Phillip Rivers locked up for 4 more and at $40M dollars. AJ Smith drafted Rivers to replace Brees - two years ago, but Brees wouldn't let him on the field. Smith has to eventually play his boy - and this gives him the excuse to move forward. They still think a lot of Rivers, and SD has a good young nucleus tied up and a lot of cap space. They want to maintain that core and stay cap solvent as they continue to build a stable program forthe next decade. With Big Ben and Eli evolving in good systems, I think that Smith has decided that the time is right to move forward with Rivers. There wre a LOT that believed that Smith was going to tag Brees and move him BEFORE the injury even happened. Rivers was suppose to the most NFL ready among those 3 when they were drafted.

SD is looking to get a new stadium in 2008 that will require a vote from the city. They are better off pursuing Rivers learning curve now before that time approaches.

I'm not saying that people should ignore the injury, but there is a lot more to this situation...

just curious??? what does the stadium in 2008 have anything to do with the QB situation??
im not being a smart @$$, i just dont see the relavence

Back
Top Bottom