IF we get KC's #2......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we get KC's #2.........

JCfinfan said:
I still like trading down getting as many 1st day picks as possible. This should be our draft strategy regardless if we trade Surtain or not.

The more and more I think about it, the less I think we'll be trading down. Take Ronnie Brown at Number 2!

footballer said:
i like this...merriman is a beast of a prospect, i live in VA, and the hype for this cat is amazing...i would rather have pac-man, or a. rolle with our 1b, but how can you go wrong with a name like clayton in a dolphin uni...campbell in the 2nd is good too, but i also like mcpherson....and if we can get arrington in the 3rd, that would be the steal of the draft imo...your plan seems contingent on rickys return...and it would be perfect if that scenario plays out accordingly...good post bro..

Merriman is a linebacker...we really dont need a linebacker. Is it possible that that whole "promise" they made to Damion McIntosh about not going for another LT is false...and that Saban may be looking to draft Alex Barron with our 2nd pick, and David Baas with our 2nd rounder? Possibly Elton Brown or Chris Spencer with our 3rd rounder? Because we seriously need to rebuild our offensive line

elamin011 said:
My mock would be: Round 1-M. Williams-WR/USC
Round 2-C. Fason-RB/Florida(surtain trade)
Round 3-A. McPherson-QB/FSU
Round 4-R. Bartell-CB/Howard(surtain's replacement)
Round 5-CJ Brooks-OG/Maryland
Round 6-M. White-FB/UCLA(Zgonia trade)
Round 7-T. Cole-OLB/Cincinnati
Let me know what you think....
i like, except would rather have edwards instead of williams...fason is silly, da bama can run the rock, and i hope his mo clarret 40 time scares off everyone..cuz if you seen any of his games, you know hes got moves on top of moves...almost (gasp) BARRYesque

ItalianDolFan said:
Merriman is a linebacker...we really dont need a linebacker. Is it possible that that whole "promise" they made to Damion McIntosh about not going for another LT is false...and that Saban may be looking to draft Alex Barron with our 2nd pick, and David Baas with our 2nd rounder? Possibly Elton Brown or Chris Spencer with our 3rd rounder? Because we seriously need to rebuild our offensive line
actually he kinda a tweener, can play end or backer, would be silly lined up oppisite side JT especially with the switch to a 3-4..he weighs 275, run a 4.59, and is a freak...will be an impact player in the nfl(mel kipers voice)lol

all this is contingent on dick giving up his 2nd for pat...but its still fun to warren spectulate

KuD said:
How bout A.Smith then Fason? I guess it doesn't really matter. If we get KC's #2 we'll be sitting pretty in the draft.
you got the right idea brother

it's very speculative that mcphereson threw the game. I am an FSU grad and I got some info that he may have..BUT he was welcomed back to FSU this past month and attended practice. I do not think he would be able to do that if it was proven he bet against FSU.

with that being said..he may be a #2 pick if he keeps impressing in the combines like he is. We could get Brown, then him in the 2nd, and then snag a WR in the 3rd. If Mcphereson is still around in the third we HAVE to get him.

SammySmif said:
it's very speculative that mcphereson threw the game. I am an FSU grad and I got some info that he may have..BUT he was welcomed back to FSU this past month and attended practice. I do not think he would be able to do that if it was proven he bet against FSU.

with that being said..he may be a #2 pick if he keeps impressing in the combines like he is. We could get Brown, then him in the 2nd, and then snag a WR in the 3rd. If Mcphereson is still around in the third we HAVE to get him.[/QUOTE

I though he bet on another sport, same school ?

No love for Matt Jones?

Trade down in the first to the 10-12 area and pick up a late first.

Then
1a Top 3 RB if one falls, otherwise Barron or Defense (Rolle, Merrimen, Johnson)
1b Matt Jones
2 RB if we didn't get one at 1a, otherwise Chris Spencer, if he's taken then QB
3 McPherson if available and we didn't go QB with 2, otherwise BPA

I think the Rams will take McPherson with our 3rd rd pick if he lasts that long. (local media has it that Martz loves him)

We will get the Chiefs second pick, they are clamoring for the deal around here and the pressure would mount if they let the deal fall through.

I'm a huge fan of drafting Smith and getting a RB later, but it seems the chances are remote after re-signing Rosenfels and getting Frerrote.

Stay away from Fason though, he's too inexperienced and seems to lack instincts for my taste.

if we pick up a second iMO it opens up a lot of possibilites, such as drafting a QB or reciever with number 2.

Back
Top Bottom