phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
which 4 give us the most versatility? IMO, here are the 4 I would choose:

Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Lamar Gordon
Travis Minor

To be honest, I don't think Minor will be with us at the start of the season. He'll either be traded or cut to make room for Morris. He is on my list because I feel he's a different type of back then the other 3. He's shiftier than the others therefore it would add to the versatility of our backfield. I also don't think Kay Jay Harris will make the team (unless someone gets hurt or Ricky re-retires) with all of the talent well have in our backfield.

There are six guys who have a shot of staying. Brown, Williams (but suspended for four games so three others on opening day is likely) Gordon, Morris, Minor, and Harris. Now does Morris knock out one of the FB's? , Evans and/or Martin? Do we carry one true FB, maybe a combo FB/TE/"H"-Back like Moa, and Morris as the 5th or 6th backfield guy? There are lots of possible combinations. Even the fourth quarter of all five preseason games should be important to answer these questions. There are no "garbage time" backs here so the chances, with a new coaching staff are wide open!

We'll keep 5. Harris will be on the team until RIcky gets back and them be moved to the practice squad. Minor may get cut. IMO

Uruguay_Dolphin said:
Ronnie
Ricky
Lamar
Kay Jay
I think Morris will stay with us
Minor is good as gone! Didn't show anything last year, and yes I know our oline stunk, but I just don't see him making the roster. I would for sure keep Morris before I even thought of keeping Minor.

Regardless of Ricky's status, Minor is the odd man out. The 4 RB's Nick will keep are; Brown, Williams, Morris, & Gordon.

Heath Evans will be the only true FB.

Moa will be kept as the third TE behind McMichael & Lee. Moa has the best chance of being utilized in a Kleinsasser like role by Linehan.

utahphinsfan said:
Regardless of Ricky's status, Minor is the odd man out. The 4 RB's Nick will keep are; Brown, Williams, Morris, & Gordon.

Moa will be kept as the third TE behind McMichael & Lee. Moa has the best chance of being utilized in a Kleinsasser like role by Linehan.

I'm assuming you're saying that since you're from Utah. I'm pulling for the kid but I don't see him making it unfortunately.

utahphinsfan said:

I don't see Lee making the final cut either.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Minor is good as gone! Didn't show anything last year, and yes I know our oline stunk, but I just don't see him making the roster. I would for sure keep Morris before I even thought of keeping Minor.

I also was dissapointed w/ Minor's play last year but he's the closest thing we have to a scat back. Now I know no team wants to rely on a scat back but as far as versatility is concerned, we don't have any on this team. If you think about it, Ronnie, Ricky, and Lamar are pretty much the same type of RB. I also see both Morris and Evans making the team so it's going to be tight. Whoever we get rid of, I hope we trade and get a pick out of them.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I don't see Lee making the final cut either.

Personally I think he will. I think his problems will be corrected under this new regime where there seems to be more accountability. I expect him to play this year and play well (blocking and receiving).

phinfan2003 said:
I also was dissapointed w/ Minor's play last year but he's the closest thing we have to a scat back. Now I know no team wants to rely on a scat back but as far as versatility is concerned, we don't have any on this team. If you think about it, Ronnie, Ricky, and Lamar are pretty much the same type of RB. I also see both Morris and Evans making the team so it's going to be tight. Whoever we get rid of, I hope we trade and get a pick out of them.
I don't think you will get anything for Minor. I would rather give one of the kids a chance, or watch the wavier wire June 1st. I think its time for Minor to find a new home. I wish him the best.

phinfan2003 said:
Personally I think he will. I think his problems will be corrected under this new regime where there seems to be more accountability. I expect him to play this year and play well (blocking and receiving).
The thing with Lee is I don't think he has his head in the game with his concentration. It just seems his head, and hands of major lapses.

No way in hell Morris gets cut.

He was by far and away our best performer last season, and ended up looking pretty good at times. Not only that, but he is by far the most well rounded of our backs skill wise, and can make bigger contributions on special teams then any of the others.

Not only that, but he can provide a backup to what Ronnie Brown does. They have the same general skillset. He doesnt have the same physical ability, but if Brown goes down we have to run those smaller FB type players.

phinfan2003 said:
ricky, ronnie, sammy, kay jay...

Back
Top Bottom