If we win out and miss the playoffs, should Wannstedt still go? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we win out and miss the playoffs, should Wannstedt still go?

If Miami finished 3-0, but still misses the playoffs, should Dave Wannstedt be fired?

• [b]Yes.[/b] Missing the playoffs two years in a row is unforgiveable.

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • [b]No.[/b] 3-1 in December is nothing to sneeze at.

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Just want to see how deep the hatin' goes. This scenarios assumes we finish 11-5 but miss out because the Broncos and Titans win out as well.

Absolutely. He should be fired even if we make the playoffs.

If we win the Super Bowl by 78 points, it will be DESPITE Wannstedt/Norv/Bates, not because of them.

Definitely. There is no excuse for missing the playoffs two years in a row on a team with this much talent.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
If we win the Super Bowl by 78 points, it will be DESPITE Wannstedt/Norv/Bates, not because of them.

Buddy, I generally like reading your posts, but taken individually, that statement has to be one of the silliest things I've ever seen.

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Well remember JJ got fired after winning back-to-back Super Bowls:tongue: , also the one time the Red Sox won back-to-back World Series(1915-1916) the manager, Bill Carrigan, got fired, so it is not all that ludicrous.

Yes.....the coaching staff as a whole needs to go.....I have never been against DW or the staff until this year and I think they've continually proven that although a "Nice" and "Respectful" guy(s).....that they don't have what it takes to really be a HC or OC......from a discipline, scheme, vision, direction, play-calling, game analysis....or anything......they are good......but not good enough anymore....

Short of winning the SB, Norv Turner should be fired for his horrible play calling. If he is fired, then so is the rest of the staff. All those coaches who had success in Dallas should be retired for good. They've been gravy-training off their Dallas success ever since.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
Definitely. There is no excuse for missing the playoffs two years in a row on a team with this much talent.
:yes: :nono: :cry:

I agree BTW

So let me get this straight, if the Dolphins finish by:

* beating the current #1 seed in the NFC as well as two of their hated division rivals;
* compiling a 4-2 divisional record for the season;
* posting a two-game improvement over 2002's record; and
* ending talk of a December swoon with a 3-1 record,

you STILL would want Wanny fired?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
So let me get this straight, if the Dolphins finish by:

* beating the current #1 seed in the NFC as well as two of their hated division rivals;
* compiling a 4-2 divisional record for the season;
* posting a two-game improvement over 2002's record; and
* ending talk of a December swoon with a 3-1 record,

you STILL would want Wanny fired?

Norv Turner needs to go, not Wanny. The guy can't play call to save his life. It's been our defense that has won us games, and Turner shouldn't get any credit for that.

Wow ... as I post this, the vote is 12-3 for firing Dave even if we finish 3-0. Two questions:

1) What are you people smoking?

2) Who the heck do you think would be suicidal enough to take the Dolphins job if the front office fired him after that kind of finish?

Back
Top Bottom