If You Believe That Brian Flores Is Really A Great Choice As Head Coach.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If You Believe That Brian Flores Is Really A Great Choice As Head Coach....

brumdog44

Club Member
Reaction score
....then can going into full tank mode backfire? Wouldn't that mean getting a record that's better than the talent we have and thus not having a top pick in the draft to get the quarterback we want/need?

I agree that we need to wait and see as time will tell. I remember when Gase was hired and we thought he was the greatest hire post Shula and was our Savior to the Promised Land, the Super Bowl. We need to be patient and let Flores develop as a head coach. He will make mistakes as any great leader does. The warning sign will be is he arrogant and will point the finger at others which is not a sign of a good leader (aka Gase who failed to take blame). I for one am tired of the head coach and quarterback roller coaster. The odds are in our favor of finally picking a head coach who will succeed (crossing fingers).

I agree that we need to wait and see as time will tell. I remember when Gase was hired and we thought he was the greatest hire post Shula and was our Savior to the Promised Land, the Super Bowl. We need to be patient and let Flores develop as a head coach. He will make mistakes as any great leader does. The warning sign will be is he arrogant and will point the finger at others which is not a sign of a good leader (aka Gase who failed to take blame). I for one am tired of the head coach and quarterback roller coaster. The odds are in our favor of finally picking a head coach who will succeed (crossing fingers).

Who in this Organization gives you confidence we will get anything right going forward? I am just about tired of the Whole Dolphins Circus Being put in front of fans going on 20 years now.

He can only work with what he's got and what he's got is nowhere near good enough. I doubt he's a miracle worker so it's all good if you are on the tank train.

It's not full tank mode. It's full teaching and development of youth mode.

Probably same results this year, but T&D will pay off in 2020.

Time will tell if he is a great HC. Looks pretty good so far.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TANK!!! Can someone post where the team announced that we will be "Tanking." Sucking on purpose will not work

The Tank philosophy is not team, player or coach concept. its a concept developed by the media because it is sell-able. We the fans can buy into the fact that if we tank today it will be better tomorrow...I understand that but its a big bunch of BS!

Having said that. Just cause we don't tank doesn't mean we will be good. Sucking and tanking are two different things.

This tanking talk is like a virus or chain letter. It's a ridiculous strategy that will never be implemented.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TANK!!! Can someone post where the team announced that we will be "Tanking." Sucking on purpose will not work

The Tank philosophy is not team, player or coach concept. its a concept developed by the media because it is sell-able. We the fans can buy into the fact that if we tank today it will be better tomorrow...I understand that but its a big bunch of BS!

Having said that. Just cause we don't tank doesn't mean we will be good. Sucking and tanking are two different things.

Enlist Chris Painter. Goal accomplished.

You don’t have to tank to get a great QB. KC did it , Eagles did it, it just takes big brass balls to make the call to do it.

Aggressively rebuilding (which I fully expect and support as detailed by Grier) doesn't mean deliberately losing.

IMO it means "winning now" (_short term_) is no longer the goal -- the objective is structuring the roster and

retooling the supporting apparatus to support a long term sustainable winning platform (that's the goal)!

Furthermore, IMO, any move(s) by the org that violate that core premise are certified BS and should be

resoundingly rejected by the fan base (based on the aforementioned objective/goal).

We were clearly told at the Ross/Grier presser that a NEW DIRECTIVE was in place -- and I for one

fully expect that directive to be religiously followed. And any move that violates that premise (IMO) should be

aggressively protested. Tho I sincerely hope none of that kind of nonsense will be necessary!

Have a nice day!

BNF.

Back
Top Bottom