IF YOU COULD REDO the draft knowing that you could get KAY JAY HARRIS as a free agent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF YOU COULD REDO the draft knowing that you could get KAY JAY HARRIS as a free agent

Which 2 would you rather have?

• Ronnie Brown and Kay Jay Harris

Votes: 88 83.8%
  • Braylon Edwards and Kay Jay Harris

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

McMichael 81

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alot of you guys are very high on Kay Jay and if you were sure you could get him as a free agent...Would you rather have ROnnie Brown(I'm very happy with this pick) and Kay Jay Harris or Braylon Edwards(dominating WR's do not come that often) and Kay Jay Harris........I was just thinking about it and would have been happy with either

There is a reason Kay Jay is a FA... he isn't a franchise RB.

Come on man, you know better than this. Kay Jay will be lucky to make the team as the 4th RB I would imagine. Maybe he surprises people and can make the team, but most likly, he will be in a NFL Europe jersey before he plays a game as a phin.

Undrafted FA were that for a reason, and not many of them turn out into true NFL starters, and fewer are really good to Pro Bowl level. Look at how many UDFA there are signed by all the teams in the NFL....300? And how many ever make a team? Not many I would think.

BTW... hindsight is 20/20... it's unfair to look back, especially at the draft.

There just may be a reason Harris wasn't drafted. Note, I didn't say slipped to later rounds, he went completely undrafted. Worth a flier, but hardly a sure replacement for Brown.

kay jay harris isn't a factor, if he makes the team he'll be the 3rd string most likely anyway... id rather have brown and gordon is a more than capable backup when healthy...

Also, I assumed your poll meant Ronnie as the starter with KJH his back-up, or Braylon Edwards and KJH as the starter. So I voted Ronnie & KJH.

Now, If your poll would've said "would you rather have Ronnie Brown and Matt Roth or Braylon Edwards and 2nd round RB (JJ Arington maybe)", I would've went with the Braylon Edwards and 2nd round RB. But I am happy with our draft.

alright..I was just wondering cause I seen so many Kay Jay Harris threads

Ever since Rich R. took over WVU, WVU has spit out a 1,000 rusher almost every year.

I really like K-J, but step back and breathe deep.

The only people who are going to say we did the wrong thing are the people that wanted braylon regardless of kay jay being signed.

i would rather have ronnie, but i think kj could start for some team some day and be very good

NLude33 said:
Also, I assumed your poll meant Ronnie as the starter with KJH his back-up, or Braylon Edwards and KJH as the starter. So I voted Ronnie & KJH.

Now, If your poll would've said "would you rather have Ronnie Brown and Matt Roth or Braylon Edwards and 2nd round RB (JJ Arington maybe)", I would've went with the Braylon Edwards and 2nd round RB. But I am happy with our draft.

While we are second guessing, I we had our original 2nd round choice we could have gotten Edwards, Arrington, and Roth. I have faith that A.J. will continue to improve this year and I am very happy with our draft this year but it is fun to think back and say, "what if..." :)

I wouldn't change a thing in the first round. I like Kay Jay, but I Love the Ronnie pick. I think Ronnie has more potential to be a franchise RB than Harris does.... having both is fantastic IMO!!

Back
Top Bottom