"if You Draft For Need You Get Fired" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"if You Draft For Need You Get Fired"

I'm all about taking BPA every year, but it has to be within reason. If you are loaded at one position and that's the BPA then trade down or select the BPA at another position. What you dont do however is something like not taking a LB when hes BPA because you think you have a good one already or a few decent ones then you reach for an OG because that's what you really need the most.

I mean, granted, they got Calvin Johnson, but they drafted four WR in the first round out of five years.

Well that's what we have been doing the past years so I guess Grier is gone then.

Doesn’t really apply to us since damn near every player that will be in our range will fill a need.

All this is BS cause you need to draft for what you need. Should we draft a LT when our best player is a LT?
We drafted Carroo cause he was the BPA but we already had Landry, Stills and Parker so Carroo never saw the field. How smart was that? It made no sense at all to draft a player that can't get any reps when you have "needs" at other positions.

All this is BS cause you need to draft for what you need. Should we draft a LT when our best player is a LT?
We drafted Carroo cause he was the BPA but we already had Landry, Stills and Parker so Carroo never saw the field. How smart was that? It made no sense at all to draft a player that can't get any reps when you have "needs" at other positions.
Not to mention the trade to get Carroo.

"This is a guy who is a targeted player. A highly competitive kid who loves football,” Dolphins general manager Chris Grier said of Carroo, who averaged 19.5 yards per reception during his career. “He adds toughness.

Luckily Miami needs everything.

As someone said on NFLN lastnight, Miami has the worst starting 22 in the league....right now.

Back
Top Bottom