If you haven't seen Matt Araiza you need to check him out. Would look good as a Miami Dolphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you haven't seen Matt Araiza you need to check him out. Would look good as a Miami Dolphin

dol-phan007

Money is Power
Reaction score
He can flip the field with his 86 yard punts. That would instantly make our special teams group better. I dont know about a 3rd like the article says but I'd love to have him.

We seriously should draft this kid with one of our picks around the 4th round. Incredible leg and he can kick FG’s in a pinch.

Straight off the top of my head I can tell you the Jaguars were the last team to use a high draft pick on a punter and it didn't work out well for them. People have been laughing about it for years. Araiza looks impressive, but I'd hate for the Dolphins to replace the Jags in league lore.

Would be nice to have a HOF punter play his whole career for Miami. I will take him.

Every once in a while a player comes along who is just immeasurably better than everyone else at his position coming out of college. A few years ago, Quentin Nelson was one of those guys. He was drafted at #6 overall, the second highest-drafted guard in over 30 years. He's been an All-Pro every year since he was drafted. He's just special.

I have never in my life seen a punter like Matt Araiza. He's just so much better than everyone else it's stupid. Is he worth a fourth round pick? Arguably. And yes, I was one of the people who belly-laughed at the Jags when they drafted Bryan Anger. Although Anger has actually been a pretty good punter throughout his career, he wasn't as good as Araiza. He just wasn't.

And here's the thing: Since the Jaguars drafted Bryan Anger in the 3rd round in 2012, the Miami Dolphins have:

• Been through "Bullygate"
  • Dealt with Miko Grimes
  • Had their OL Coach suspended after being recorded doing cocaine on team premises while videoconferencing with a prostitute
  • Had Mike Wallace sit out the second half of a game, followed by one of the weirdest interviews ever.
  • Had Lawrence Timmons just up and decide he didn't want to play for the Dolphins the day before the season opener.
  • Been accused of race discrimination in hiring
  • Been accused of offering money to lose games
  • Been in one playoff game, which they lost.
Do we really think that the Dolphins drafting Araiza in the fourth would ruin some aura of respectability they're built up over the past decade? Hell, I'm ready to lean into the weirdness at this point.

(Also, someone's drafting Araiza before the fourth round. Mark my words.)

I think if he is still there in the 4th we should grab him. 5th would be better but I dont think that he will still be on the board by then.

I would guess he will go in R4 which would be the earliest punter since Bryan Anger in the 3rd by JAX in 2012.

This kid is a highlight show by himself, people would pay to watch him warm up.

He routinely flies the damn thing 70 yards in the air and they land softly too!

He needs to end up in Denver so he can boot 100 yard punts.

Always a bit tentative of showcase punting, didn’t the Fins punter look like a badass in camp and would shank them 2 times a game the first two months

Always a bit tentative of showcase punting, didn’t the Fins punter look like a badass in camp and would shank them 2 times a game the first two months
He had multiple 80 yards bombs during games this year.

This guy is a cyborg or something.

Back
Top Bottom