LB Hendricks

Release
Fiedler
Griese
Ruddy
Perry
Fletcher
McKnight

Obviously many of these things are contingent upon other factors. First and foremost is Ogunleye. I'll slap that big tag on him, but listen to all trade offers. I'd be happy with a low 1st rounder and perhaps a 4th. QB, OG, and WR are targeted with the first picks. If it's Henson for next year's #2, WR and OL are the targets.

At QB, if Brunell is traded away, I'd inquire about Ramsey. If no-go there, I'll be forced to keep Jay Fiedler. Meanwhile, I'll scout Henson and then make a decision whether or not to pursue him or hope for Rivers. No more than a #2 pick for Henson.

On the OL, my goal is to get one guard and either re-sign Wade or make a play for Tate. If Brunell is under center, we must get a competant pass blocker. Solomon Page is a second tier guy who's big and could be a stopgap. At guard, I'd re-sign Jamie Nails and let him compete for a spot opposite a guy like Jeno James or Chris Villareal. I deem Damien Woody unattainable.

At WR, I'm depending on Tolver to compete with Thompson for slot duties. I'm hoping that Tolver comes on because there's really not much out there in free agency aside from Darrel Jackson. I'll then look to the draft and try and grab someone by round three.

Defensively, I'm looking at the secondary. Specifically safeties. Yeremiah Bell could make noise. But I'm keeping my eyes open for more youth and speed at the position. I'm also looking at cornerback, since T-Buck ain't getting any younger and Madison is in decline.

We can't take anything for granted defensively. Things can change in a hurry. And you have to be prepared for it. So I'm looking at late rounders and hidden gems all over. These guys would also contribute on special teams.

Finally, I'm looking for a kick returner. A guy who can flat out fly and juke.

Muck, we're pretty much on the same page overall. one player it seems that's hardly been mentioned.................... Minor. I'm thinking that I would at least tender him with the right of 1st refusal option, MAYBE even the next with a pick in the original rnd he was drafted in. I think it was the 3rd or thereabouts. Anyway, in either case, the tender is the same. Otherwise, without the tender, he could sign anywhere else and we'd get nothing in return, or at least that's the way I interpret it.

What Muck said was the most realistic out of all the posts I have read in this forum.

Although, I dont think you guys will get a 1st OR a third for Ogunleye.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
Muck, we're pretty much on the same page overall. one player it seems that's hardly been mentioned.................... Minor. I'm thinking that I would at least tender him with the right of 1st refusal option, MAYBE even the next with a pick in the original rnd he was drafted in. I think it was the 3rd or thereabouts. Anyway, in either case, the tender is the same. Otherwise, without the tender, he could sign anywhere else and we'd get nothing in return, or at least that's the way I interpret it.

I'm undecided on Minor. I wouldn't mind giving him the minimum tender ($675K, no match = 3rd round pick). If we tender him, he'll be pretty much ours unless we worked out some other trade.

The reason I'm undecided on Minor is because of Leonard Henry. Is he better than Minor?? We really don't know. And I'd hate to pay Minor and have him leap-frogged by Henry. Then again you can't have too many RBs.

He isn't. Minor is the better back. Henry has decent physical talent and is productive, but Minor just is an underrated RB that has to be used more often next season.

This is projecting the Skins get Brunell, and Ramsey seeks trade.

I would cut and restructure as much as possible to try and get cap space. In free agency, I'd look at John Tait as my big free agent move. Then, I'd look at some receivers who were released, like either Troy Brown or David Patten(one will definately be released, if not both). First, I'd make a push for Dennis Northcutt to be the #3/KR. If he went elsewhere, I'd persue Brown or Patten. I'd re-sign Greenwood, Freeman(let him replace Marion at FS, he is a good FS), Buckley, Rosenfels, Nails, and Turk. I would trade Ogunleye for Patrick Ramsey and maybe a 3rd-rounder. In the draft, I'd pick up Mike Clayton in the 1st, and with my two 3rds, I'd pick up S Rashad Washington, and OT Tony Pape. Then I'd make Wayne sign a paper, stating that he will either fire Wannstedt next year, or lose me, the best GM in football. :D

Getting the 3rd-rounder in the deal may be homeristic, but who cares?

What about the interior OL?? What do you propose to do there?? Assuming you got Tait, why would you need to draft another OT in the 3rd with Smith already manning the left side?? I feel like we need to aquire at least one starting guard.

Still, I think you did a pretty good job with the rest of your moves.

I would take a G in the third. One of the top Gs maybe there. Nails, Yates, Whitley, and the rookie as our Gs ain't so bad.

Originally posted by Muck
What about the interior OL?? What do you propose to do there?? Assuming you got Tait, why would you need to draft another OT in the 3rd with Smith already manning the left side?? I feel like we need to aquire at least one starting guard.

Still, I think you did a pretty good job with the rest of your moves.

That's great. I forgot that I had Tait on there. I'd put him on the right, with Smith obviously on the left.

Swap that pick with say.. Alabama's Justin Smiley. He's a junior at 6'4/293 and will definately get stronger. Although he needs to get bigger, he's very athletic.

At WR, I'm depending on Tolver to compete with Thompson for slot duties. I'm hoping that Tolver comes on because there's really not much out there in free agency aside from Darrel Jackson. I'll then look to the draft and try and grab someone by round three.

If that were the case and we waited until round three, Bernard Berrian would be the guy that I hope would still be on the board. He has good size at about 6'2/190, he has speed, he has quickness(I love quick/shifty receivers that can make plays in the open), and he's a great return man who can also get downfield. Another guy is Keary Colbert, who while he isn't much of a threat, he's a very consistent receiver.

I would cut Griese/JF time to move on for Jay
restructure as much as you can without fleecing the future.
I would actually consider trading madison if it were doable
Pimp Ogun and get a 1st/3rd rounder
Draft a big T and Phillip Rivers at 20 (no matter what happens).
Get Mike Mcmahon or VOLEK.
GEt the best WR available in the third round(or second rd if we trade down or somethin).
GEt one key Olinemen in FA such as Damien Woody.
search high and low for another Ogun who didnt get drafted for whatever position we need.

Let all FA go except RFA.

I'm undecided on Minor. I wouldn't mind giving him the minimum tender ($675K, no match = 3rd round pick). If we tender him, he'll be pretty much ours unless we worked out some other trade.

The reason I'm undecided on Minor is because of Leonard Henry. Is he better than Minor?? We really don't know. And I'd hate to pay Minor and have him leap-frogged by Henry. Then again you can't have too many RBs.

Good point, but it seems like travis gets us some really good yds when he gives ricky a break. IMO, Minor should be mixed in a bit at WR. has good hands and pretty elusive with the ball at times. I think he could help somewhat with our WR problems some. he could line up in the backfield and go into moption on a long count. Anything to throw off the d helps.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
This is projecting the Skins get Brunell, and Ramsey seeks trade.

I would cut and restructure as much as possible to try and get cap space. In free agency, I'd look at John Tait as my big free agent move. Then, I'd look at some receivers who were released, like either Troy Brown or David Patten(one will definately be released, if not both). First, I'd make a push for Dennis Northcutt to be the #3/KR. If he went elsewhere, I'd persue Brown or Patten. I'd re-sign Greenwood, Freeman(let him replace Marion at FS, he is a good FS), Buckley, Rosenfels, Nails, and Turk. I would trade Ogunleye for Patrick Ramsey and maybe a 3rd-rounder. In the draft, I'd pick up Mike Clayton in the 1st, and with my two 3rds, I'd pick up S Rashad Washington, and OT Tony Pape. Then I'd make Wayne sign a paper, stating that he will either fire Wannstedt next year, or lose me, the best GM in football. :D

Getting the 3rd-rounder in the deal may be homeristic, but who cares?

we can't jsut trade ogun for anybody cuz he's a FA and not under contract. The only thing we CAN do i believe is to trade the rights to him. I don't see anyone doing that. They'd be essentially giving us something only for rights to another player which they may not even be able to keep anyway. I would much rather have the Skins sign him to an offer sheet and then we let them have him for thewir #5 pick. THAT would be a way cool deal for us. The shins do need DE in the worst way, but I'd really be surprised if they do it tho.

Back
Top Bottom