If you were the GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were the GM

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

He didn't say he wouldn't accept a backup role. He said he would not take it with out a chance in Training Camp. All he wants is the chance. I see nothing wrong with that. He has been the starter here for 4 years and if we keep him he should go into camp knowing he has the chance to be the starter. If whoever we get fairly beats him out (which should be a no brainer) they he will accept his back up role. I don't think we should bring in a qb and say "jay your on the bench now." we should give him the chance (if we keep him at a much lower price) and whoever we bring in should beat him out. If we bring in somebody that can't beat Jay out of the job then it was a stupid pick up.
As far as Rivers starting, I have mixed emotions on that. If they went that route I wouldn't be upset. I'm curious if he could handle it. I think our system is one of the few that we could start a rookie qb. Our whole plan is defense and running.

The real quistion I have, if we let ogun go for a 1st and 3rd. say the 1st is higher then ours (most likely). say it is between 10-15. do we take rivers with that pick?? or chance it and hope he is still there by 20?? I really like Rivers and would love to have him on this team.. I am not impressed by Lossman and hope we dont draft him.. To me there is alot more to a QB then just size and arm strength... and Rivers seems to have it all.

Well, however ya like to word it. in any case, he said he doesn't want a backup role. Don't remeber anything in any story about him accepting a b/u role as long as he can compete for the starter tho. But no biggie.

if we wind up with a 10-15 pick, I would say Yes on Rivers. Rivers as in that eli or ben is gone. i never really considered either cuz i just nevber thought much of a possibilty of us ever picking that early. Then grab a carey or a clayton at #20, depending on what [if any] was addressed in FA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DeDolfan

Well, however ya like to word it. in any case, he said he doesn't want a backup role. Don't remeber anything in any story about him accepting a b/u role as long as he can compete for the starter tho. But no biggie.

Its not how he worded it.....that's what Jay said. I saw the article too, with direct quotes.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
I'd fire Wanny and hire Romeo Crennel.....but since that's not possible, I'd do the following.

- Do an A$$-Ton of restructuring/pay-cutting.
- Sign Brunell. (If he gets too ignorant, just keep JF).
- Trade a future pick for Henson.
- Tender Wale and get a 1st round pick for him (possibly a 3rd too)
- If Shawn Andrews is available at first pick, take him. If he's not, go with Clayton and Carey.
- DL/LB/Depth in the remaining rounds.
- Sign 2 Olinemen, Villarrial for one.....

:clap: :yes: :cool2: :peace:

well he said if he got beat out he would accept being the backup...

I don't know if I still like henson.. I think at this point I am higher on Rivers. not that I don't like henson but I think it will cost too much for a player that has not played football in 2 years.

Its not how he worded it.....that's what Jay said. I saw the article too, with direct quotes.

So what? My point being that [either way] Jay does not want to be a backup.

Does any player WANT to be a backup??? that's silly. everybody wants to be a starter.. jay was just saying he didn't think it would be right if they brought somebody in and said this is our starter.. without giving jay a chance to beat him out... and actually since jay has been the starter for 4 years, the new guy should have to beat him out.

Hell no we don't take Rivers with a 10-15 pick...Shawn Andrews BABY!!

Then snag Rivers with the later one.

Unless of course we get Henson for a future pick, then nab Clayton at 20.

Or better yet Shawn Taylor! lol. We would have the best D in the league then!

Fire Dave and cut Wade Smith trade for Henson, Draft ol in first. See if maybe Lee Evans or another good reciever are around in the 3rd. Sign Brunell. Resign Wally. Along with all most of are D and try to trade madison for a 1st next year.

Okay here we go:

1. Tender OGun and get a 1 and a 3 for him

2. Sign Brunell and then draftr Rivers with #20 pick

3. Draft Carey with the other #1 pick

4. Pick up the best FA lineman available.

5. Draft WR with the 3rd round pick

6. Get JR Tolver some playing time this year

7. Cut Jay today and be mad that it is one year later than it should have been. Cut son of Bob too.

8. Try and keep Wade.

9. Put Mark Trestman OVER Joe Collier as Assistant Head Coach.

Oh yes, and pray for a miracle

besdies, he has said he won't accept a backup role anyway

Care to retract???

Why ??? I think it was already done. You conveniently took 2 different quotes from 2 different posts and bassackwards too, i might add. Please don't use yor copying and pasting skills to make another post something it is not. you'll stay out of trouble that way!! :fire:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Fiedler's cap # is pushing 6 mil next season. besdies, he has said he won't accept a backup role anyway. He'd have to at least restructure and probably start the season as the starter at least. haven't looked at the best situation, restructure or cutting.

He has said that he would except a backup role if he's given a shot at the starting job.

I say we restructure him, bring in Brunell, give Fiedler his "fair shot" and start Brunell regardless ;)

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

He has said that he would except a backup role if he's given a shot at the starting job.

I say we restructure him, bring in Brunell, give Fiedler his "fair shot" and start Brunell regardless ;)

Not arguing but this is the 2nd or 3rd time someone said that. Only thing I really remeber was that he didn't want a backup role. I don't remeber anything about it as long as he can compete for the starter's job. can't find the story now,......oh well. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom