Iggy looking good. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Iggy looking good.

For those of you old enough to remember 1997 and 1998- Surtain and Madison were drafted in back to back years then.
Neither was a starter or did a whole lot his rookie season. Surtain did get a lot of chatter and some time during the end of his rookie year.
Just remember, not every rookie CB is a stud right out of the gate.
Not saying Igbo will be Surtain/Madison, but after one weird season to write him off is so impatient.

iggys story is far from over. sure he got roasted by diggs in the bills game forced into action due to injury but give me a list of cbs who didnt get roasted by diggs last year.

I have been VERY critical of Iggy.....And Grier for drafting him. I didn’t like the pick there.... Furthermore, Iggy’s complete washout of a rookie season kind of backed up what I had been saying since last draft night.

HOWEVER, it’s nice to see him striving to get better and work at his craft. He has chosen a role model wisely. X is probably the premier corner in the league as of today. In other words, there are positive signs from Iggy and I really hope he proves me wrong.

Gonna be a historical draft for Grier imo..if Noah and Brandon can lock down their positions, slot and safety, that would be 7 2nd year starters in one draft.
I don't think he's built for the slot, but I could be wrong. Kind of too slow

For those of you old enough to remember 1997 and 1998- Surtain and Madison were drafted in back to back years then.
Neither was a starter or did a whole lot his rookie season. Surtain did get a lot of chatter and some time during the end of his rookie year.
Just remember, not every rookie CB is a stud right out of the gate.
Let's hope history repeats itself, because I've got a feeling Howard may be a hold out. Who knows for how long, but Noah could be starting.

he got caught looking into backfield a lot. once he gets comfortable with defense and hopefully he gains confidence. Then trusts his technique . He won't be looking into the backfield.

It's great to see him improving but not surprising. The kid is super athletic and has all the speed and strength he'll need to play in the NFL. He should be a contributor this season.
I still think before its all said and done we cut Safeties McCain and Frejejejsilgel (LOL) and move Iggy to Safety. I love his skillset there.

When he was drafted it was reported that they drafted him as high as they did because they liked his athleticism. So watching him in shorts being athletic should come as no surprise. Yet there are thousands of athletic players who look great in practice but aren’t capable of playing effectively once the game starts.
I hope Iggy develops into a starting caliber CB for the Dolphins but I need to see it in the actual games and not just when he is running around in shorts. I accept that he needs time to develop his skills at the CB position because he converted from the WR position at Auburn. Yet he was a first round draft pick and first round draft picks shouldn’t be sitting behind an UDFA like he did last year when Needham was the slot CB and not Iggy.

Hopefully he will see a lot more game action in 2021.

Having an offseason should do a world of good for guys like Iggy and some of the other rookies.

It’s way too early. But based on his physical tools I saw during the season, I’m not sure if he’ll ever live up to his draft position.

I saw a kid that could use tons of help with his technique which is understandable considering his inexperience at the position.

But , what gave me pause were too many times I saw stiff hip and change of direction from him. Also, I didn’t see that acceleration, and/or 2nd burst, top end speed you’d like to see from your corner. This resulted in one theme over and over during the season: Once you beat him, intially, he didn’t seem to have to physcial tools(closing speed, quick hip recovering etc) to save the play.

BTW, it's one of reason why X is elite, imo. He has excellent acceleration and closing speed. It's how he baits alot of QBs into throwing at him that results in INT.

Bottomline, Iggy looks like one of those players that's going to need to rely on stellar technique in order to survive at the NFL level.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom