Iggy looking good. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Iggy looking good.

I think Noah’s 2020 failings were not physical, but rather knowing his role/assignment. We all knew he was raw coming out of college, having made the switch to CB just a few years ago. We will be fine long term.

I think Noah’s 2020 failings were not physical, but rather knowing his role/assignment. We all knew he was raw coming out of college, having made the switch to CB just a few years ago. We will be fine long term.

I agree to a point...Yes! A big part of it is not knwoing his role/assignment. Additionally his inexperience at the position shows how far behind he is on techniques and nuances of the position.

However, I also saw a guy that needs every ounce of near perfect technique to minimize exploitation of his acceleration/burst/top end speed.

Everything i saw suggest the kid has 1 speed. If you can create seperation on him then he's cooked!

Last edited:
Kid is out to make sure a lot of doubters get iggy on their face!

:oops:

Noah is a stud. Glad we drafted him

Like I said, can anyone in here remember him being the highlight of a huge play that led to a score? He was out there for us , but let's not get silly here and say he is a bust because he didn't started all 16 games or whatever stupid reason someone has.

Rod Woodson started how many games in his rookie year? 0 games started! Deion Sanders started how many games? He started 10 games! How many games did Champ Bailey start? All 16 games of his rookie season. Darrel Green started all of his games. Not every cornerback that is great gets to start every game of their rookie season. I only mentioned a few random examples.

Here is one of my worries. A few years ago Miami drafted a CB (don't remember the name). In camp, ALL the D coaches and DBs were signing his praises - some going so far as saying he'd be a top CB. AFAIK, started few games if any and was out of the league quickly. My point? It's hard for NFL level talent to judge talent, much less fans. A number of people have mentioned he has top flight physical tools. He needs the experience and mental processing. I'm pulling for the kid and think he'll show good progress this fall. Top CB good? won't go that far.

Absolutely. I was about to post the same thing. He’d get beat from placement or misdiagnosing the route. For example, more than once he overhedged outside. The receiver burst inside and he was in a chase position the whole way. It’s hard to win your battles that way. If he gets all that cleaned up with the coaches, he can make a huge jump forward.

Here is one of my worries. A few years ago Miami drafted a CB (don't remember the name). In camp, ALL the D coaches and DBs were signing his praises - some going so far as saying he'd be a top CB. AFAIK, started few games if any and was out of the league quickly. My point? It's hard for NFL level talent to judge talent, much less fans. A number of people have mentioned he has top flight physical tools. He needs the experience and mental processing. I'm pulling for the kid and think he'll show good progress this fall. Top CB good? won't go that far.
Tankersley?

The main problem with Iggy was he was a first round draft pick. First round draft picks are suppose to come in and be productive in year one and not suppose to have to learn to play the position.

This doesn’t mean he won’t eventually become a good CB in the NFL. It just means he was drafted higher than he should have been in the 2020 draft. Of course the lack of pre season training with the team probably had as big an impact on him as it did for any player on the team. He had only been playing CB in college for 2 years before being drafted and the lack of a full preseason only slowed down his development.

I think if he had been a second or third round pick instead of a first round selection, there would be a lot less criticism of his play or lack of play last year. I certainly hope he develops into the CB the team will need in the future. Because Jones will likely be gone as soon as his contract makes it feasible to cut or trade him. Also with his past injuries, there is no telling how long Howard will be able to play at the level he did last year.

Hopefully Iggy will be able to take over one of those outside CB positions in the next year or two.

His most important role this year might be telling the front office which of the top receivers in the draft was the hardest to cover.

You have been misinformed. Noah Igbinoghene got very few opportunities in his rookie season, let's see how he goes in year 2 (the season when most players make their best progress) before he's declared a bust. He's still just 21 years old, which is younger than most of these CBs preparing for the coming Draft. From the video, he looks in great physical shape. Also great to see that he's tapped into X's offseason training regimen.
BTW - if you think he looks quite athletic, just a reminder that both of Noah's parents were Olympic athletes who represented Nigeria.
His statement is a sarcastic representation of what some of the experts have said here and how Iggy is a wasted pick after only one year!!!

Back
Top Bottom