Iggy looking good. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Iggy looking good.

I mean...while I do like the work he’s putting in, anyone who is acting like this video proves anything at all about him as a player is kidding themselves. Most corners in the league are supreme athletes, all of their workout videos will look impressive to us.

I have been VERY critical of Iggy.....And Grier for drafting him. I didn’t like the pick there.... Furthermore, Iggy’s complete washout of a rookie season kind of backed up what I had been saying since last draft night.

HOWEVER, it’s nice to see him striving to get better and work at his craft. He has chosen a role model wisely. X is probably the premier corner in the league as of today. In other words, there are positive signs from Iggy and I really hope he proves me wrong.

Screen shot.

Outstanding. Training with X. Soak it in and step up year 2. If he can break out that CB group will be deadly.

And I am most definitely in the keep X camp. Even with the young blood improving. Let him be that pillar you build your secondary around.

Yeah I think he will be good…much better this year.

However, he did get torched during the Bills game - as a rookie can be.

His MAIN flaw IMO seemed to be that he did not/would not turn his head around.

You can have all the athleticism in the world - and its clear he has it - but if you do not turn your head around like X - when the ball is in the air, your chances of success as a DB in the NFL is marginal.

For those of you old enough to remember 1997 and 1998- Surtain and Madison were drafted in back to back years then.
Neither was a starter or did a whole lot his rookie season. Surtain did get a lot of chatter and some time during the end of his rookie year.
Just remember, not every rookie CB is a stud right out of the gate.
Not saying Igbo will be Surtain/Madison, but after one weird season to write him off is so impatient.
Madison and Surtain were kind of overrated. Especially Madison and especially in big games Miami had to have.

Igbo STUNK this past season. I wouldn't say he's a bust. He gets time to get better just like any other rookie on the team.

That said, I do want to see improvement this year and not a little bit.

Madison and Surtain were kind of overrated. Especially Madison and especially in big games Miami had to have.
Where are they rated in order to be overrated?

I literally watched every game the two of those guys played together.
I am not sure they were overrated. Surtain was a stud.
Madison could make a bone headed play from time to time, and he would get burnt, but I don't know if I agree with overrated.

Sorry if already posted, but Noah Igbinoghene and Xavien Howard are training with the same quick feet expert that X did last year.

It snowed here yesterday, seeing these players work out pisses me off sometimes :)

I think getting thrown out there early with Jones injury, with no training camp. Overwhelmed him and he never recovered. The kid was 19. If X has taken him under his wing, he can re-enforce certain things not only as they are training, but during camp, during the season, Even during a game. I love that X is working with him

Back
Top Bottom