Iggy looking good. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Iggy looking good.

I agree to an extent. I mean, Surtain and Howard struggling their rookie years looked like all pros compared to Iggy. I think comparisons to Jamar Taylor, Jamar Fletcher and Cordeea Tankerlsly are more apropos- and the latter guys at least had a few moments (except for Fletcher - he was a train wreck). I know the kid is a great athlete. That doesn’t always translate to great player. Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for him it’s just that I can’t recall a rookie CB (especially a no 1 pick) looking so, so, so lost out there. It was frightening. He had better win the most improved player award if they have one!
Apples and oranges to me. None of those other guys had the athletic profile of Igbinoghene. Igbinoghene has all the tools to be a good player. He just needs to keep working hard and more experience and I have confidence he will be fine.

Apples and oranges to me. None of those other guys had the athletic profile of Igbinoghene. Igbinoghene has all the tools to be a good player. He just needs to keep working hard and more experience and I have confidence he will be fine.
I said when we picked him the thing that gave me the most reason for optimism was his pedigree as both of his parents are world class athletes and must be competitive as all get out. I want to see the returns on this kid this year - he needs to get on the field w that athleticism.

Outstanding. Training with X. Soak it in and step up year 2. If he can break out that CB group will be deadly.

And I am most definitely in the keep X camp. Even with the young blood improving. Let him be that pillar you build your secondary around.
If one of them had to move I’d drop Jones before X. Probably a “next year” problem.

Hoping Iggy makes a jump and goes to where his athleticism can shine. Needham can still improve, as should Brandon Jones. With them and X, Jones, McCain and Rowe our secondary should, at least, continue to be a strength. That's why I've been saying all off season - no high picks or significant $ on the secondary this year.

Really expecting him to show improvement and play more to what he is capable of this season.
Agreed. He was not ready last year and would not have played if not for injuries to starters.

I don’t even know who that is or what team he plays for. And I probably don’t care. I care about the guys we pick. In fact, I want every player picked by other teams to bust. Just not ours.
That's fine I suppose, but that means you are judging without context.

Very few corners are really ready day 1, even first rounders.

I would also point out that Flo's defensive scheme is very demanding of secondary players.

The reality is we don't yet know if it was a mistake or a good pick.

Last edited:
That's fine I suppose, but that means you are judging without context.

Very few corners are really ready day 1, even first rounders.

I would also point out that Flo's defensive scheme is very demanding of secondary players.

The reality is we don't yet know if it was a mistake or a good pick.
Agreed. Too soon. I just wish he hadn’t looked so lost when we did see him play. Makes me queasy.

All I know is he looked like a guy who never played the sport before. It wasn’t a good start for him. I mean, he was woeful.

This is just a bad take. He had 1 bad game, against Diggs, and 1 bad pass against Seattle. X had a bad game against the same WR in week 17. Limited camp, no PS, came in after Jones goes down, and the staff puts him 1v1 against Diggs, with no pass rush, and expected him to cover him for 5 seconds all across the field. That game was more on the staff than Noah.

With so many tools if he can't play corner maybe he can be a mechanic

This is just a bad take. He had 1 bad game, against Diggs, and 1 bad pass against Seattle. X had a bad game against the same WR in week 17. Limited camp, no PS, came in after Jones goes down, and the staff puts him 1v1 against Diggs, with no pass rush, and expected him to cover him for 5 seconds all across the field. That game was more on the staff than Noah.
Ok but then why didn’t he get on the field the rest of the year. There were other guys ahead of him on the depth chart to the point he barely touched the grass.

Ok but then why didn’t he get on the field the rest of the year. There were other guys ahead of him on the depth chart to the point he barely touched the grass.

That's a different take entirely.

The other 2 guys ahead of him on the depth chart were Jones and Howard. When Howard went out against Cincy, he came in, played 42% of the snaps, and gave up 1 pass completion.

I'm not saying he's going to be good, who knows, but he's being trashed for 1 game, against a top 3 WR, 2 games into his rookie season with a limited camp, and no preseason. Diggs had over 1500 yards, so I'm guessing he torched a few CB's besides X and Noah.

For reference, Okudah was equally as bad in week 3 against Hopkins. It happens.

Noah was fine against Jax, and Seattle, except for that 1 horrible completion at the end of the 1st half.

Back
Top Bottom