I'll Be Booing Pudge When He Comes Back to Miami In Another Uniform | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll Be Booing Pudge When He Comes Back to Miami In Another Uniform

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
Pudge is ****ing egoistic idiot. The guy has been PAID multi-millions for 11 years now, he wins the World Series with the Marlins, and he wants to be bargaining over a few million dollars?! He wanted a contract of 4 years for $40 million (would be a salary record for a catcher) only because that would equal Lowell's contract extension. The Marlins were offering 3 years $25 million with major bonuses if he stays healthy within those years becuase he has missed many games due to health problems. Now "Pudge" is going somewhere else as his agent said "we've got offers from other places". Yea sure. Pudge is stupid bastard. I know more money is more money, but when you've already made a ton of millions within 11 years. He should stay with the team he won a championship with now.

I'll be sure to buy tickets to that game he plays in against us and BOOING HIS AZZ ALL DAY NICE AND LOUD!!

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Pudge is ****ing egoistic idiot. The guy has been PAID multi-millions for 11 years now, he wins the World Series with the Marlins, and he wants to be bargaining over a few million dollars?! He wanted a contract of 4 years for $40 million (would be a salary record for a catcher) only because that would equal Lowell's contract extension. The Marlins were offering 3 years $25 million with major bonuses if he stays healthy within those years becuase he has missed many games due to health problems. Now "Pudge" is going somewhere else as his agent said "we've got offers from other places". Yea sure. Pudge is stupid bastard. I know more money is more money, but when you've already made a ton of millions within 11 years. He should stay with the team he won a championship with now.

I'll be sure to buy tickets to that game he plays in against us and BOOING HIS AZZ ALL DAY NICE AND LOUD!!

Maybe he is an egotistical idiot, but he was on a title winning team, and he played a big part in the title winning, so being asked to take a pay cut is an insult. If the Marlins had offered him a 1 year deal with just a $1 raise, then at least then they did a good faith effort. But a cut after winning a title is an insult. So I don't blame him for walking away.

Ummm... the Marlins signed Pudge to a 1-yr deal.

Who are you blaming for Pudge "leaving" :shakeno:

As a Philly fan, I will tell you this. It's one thing to Boo him, but it's entirely something else to blame him.

Re: Re: I'll Be Booing Pudge When He Comes Back to Miami In Another Uniform

Originally posted by mf52dolphin

Maybe he is an egotistical idiot, but he was on a title winning team, and he played a big part in the title winning, so being asked to take a pay cut is an insult. If the Marlins had offered him a 1 year deal with just a $1 raise, then at least then they did a good faith effort. But a cut after winning a title is an insult. So I don't blame him for walking away.

You're obviously not a Marlins fan. Do you know what the Marlins payroll allocation is for the year? I do and so does Pudge. Do you realize he was asking for a record salary for any catcher ever?Meaning Pudge knew he was asking for an impossible contract as it would be over the Marlins' budget. Forgive the Marlins for not being the Yankees are Red Sox with their ridiculous payrolls. BTW, do you think Pudge even deserved $10 mil this year? I don't, all his numbers were down, I dare you to look it up. He only had 16 homers and batted .297 during the season while our all-stars Lowell and Castillo all improved. I'll give all credit to him for an amazing playoff performance he had but he's now driven by selfishness and few more bucks.

You say "a payroll cut for him is an insult"... PLEEEASSEEEE. The Marlins were offering $8-mil a year for the next 3, as he wanted $10 mil a year for the next 4. He's not with his championship team anymore because of an extra $2 million a year for 4 years? With all the millions he already made for 11 years? PLEEEEASSEEEE! And to close this out, the Marlins were offering clauses in the new contract that would pay him big BONUSES if he maintained healthy and in the next 3 years, which means he could have had that $40 million if he played well. Did he want it? NO! He knows he's almost done. So before you judge from all the way from California, make sure you know what you're talking about. :goof:

It's not like he didn't try to sign with the Marlins. The free agency rules in baseball are dumb, the team that previously had him shouldn't have a time limit for signing their ex-player. The rule is just retarded. If Pudge wasn't on that team, do you still think the Marlins would have won the World Series? The Marlins wanted to give a paycut to one of their best players, he had no reason to accept a paycut. I doubt any player would have taken the deal if they were in Pudge's position. You can't put this all on Pudge.

I don't like Pudge but his basis is right. He's been the best all around catcher for practically his entire career & he hasn't been paid like it. HE carried the Marlins through the playoffs. He & he alone. Without him you wouldn't have gotten past the Giants nor the Cubs. He got paid $10M last year, he wasn't looking for a raise but a long term commitment & he definitely didn't earn a paycut.

I may be cheering for Pudge if & when he signs with the Cubs or the Orioles.

I will be going to more Marlins games next year as I am now hooked on Baseball, but I will be booing him. He is a punk. I was thikning the same thing the other day. I was thinking, why If he has made millions of millions of dollars in an 11 year career can;t he cut down a few million and be on a team that gave him the ring he was so badly wanting. He has to understand the Marlin's situation, and should have taken a pay cut. Fuc* Him. He is now an ex-Marlin and a worthless piece of trash. I agree with you Ice, baseball sucks in all aspects that deal with money.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I will be going to more Marlins games next year as I am now hooked on Baseball, but I will be booing him. He is a punk. I was thikning the same thing the other day. I was thinking, why If he has made millions of millions of dollars in an 11 year career can;t he cut down a few million and be on a team that gave him the ring he was so badly wanting. He has to understand the Marlin's situation, and should have taken a pay cut. Fuc* Him. He is now an ex-Marlin and a worthless piece of trash. I agree with you Ice, baseball sucks in all aspects that deal with money.

If you didn't have that "punk" and "worthless piece of trash" the Marlins would not have won the World Series.

He had no reason to accept a paycut. I can guarantee that no player would have resigned with the Marlins in Pudge's situation.

If the Marlins didn't get Pudge, they wouldn't have won the World Series, and probably would not have been able to resign Lowell and Castillo. Be greatful that Pudge went to a team like the Marlins and took them to the World Series. That World Series run gave the Marlins a lot more money and gave them the ability to resign some guys.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

If you didn't have that "punk" and "worthless piece of trash" the Marlins would not have won the World Series.

He had no reason to accept a paycut. I can guarantee that no player would have resigned with the Marlins in Pudge's situation.

If the Marlins didn't get Pudge, they wouldn't have won the World Series, and probably would not have been able to resign Lowell and Castillo. Be greatful that Pudge went to a team like the Marlins and took them to the World Series. That World Series run gave the Marlins a lot more money and gave them the ability to resign some guys.

Hey Ice... you're missing the whole point. Of course us Marlin fans are grateful for Pudge helping us win the World Series, but you know what? What happened to the idea of defending your title and playing once again with your fellow-champions? He allowed a small difference of disputed $millions get in the way?? Thats BS, we're not talking about the Marlins offering him a bogus offer, they indeed offered him a great contract for a 32-year old catcher. Also, this idea of "paycut" is a word that Pudge spitted out and I would not be relaying those wrong words. He had a contract for only ONE year for $9.3 mil. If he never won the World Series, he never would have been offered $25 mil for 3 years with any team. You tell me, whats greater? $9.3 mil or $25 mil with incentives that could have EASILY been equal to $9.3 mil "per year" if he maintained healthy (meaning if he plays the majority of the games). Did you get it now? The Marlins, being a smaller budget team, were not only offering a lot of money to one of their older players but were also making sure that this player WILL be playing the majority of that time. Look at Mike Piazza, 33-year old catcher with a nice new contract for A LOT of money, did he even last the beginning of this season? No. It was a great offer by the Marlins, and Pudge decided to make stuff up and dodge a bullet knowing he's approaching the end of his career. I haven't heard of any team interesting in Pudge for a minimum of 4 years - $40 million.

BTW, Castillo and Lowell both could have easily played on another team for more money but in their words they said, Lowell:"I'd rather be playing with a team I won the championship with, than chasing a few more dollars elsewhere." Castillo: "I'm more comfortable with this team that drafted me, I could have gone somewhere else, but I'm glad I'm here." More importantly, all-star Lowell put up way better numbers than Pudge in way fewer games, and Castillo was also an all-star with better stats than Pudge.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole point is that he isn't going to take less money with incentives after what he did last season. I'll say this again, there is no player in the MLB who would have taken that offer if they were in his situation. He will eventually get his money.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I'll say this again, there is no player in the MLB who would have taken that offer if they were in his situation. He will eventually get his money.

Well apparently you're wrong. Read the article and find out.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/jeff_miller/7409743.htm

''The money is enough for me,'' Lowell said. ''The money is great, but I don't think it fulfills me. It doesn't complete me. It allows me to live way better than I ever dreamed of. It's enough, believe me. But I'd rather be in a place where I'm comfortable than chase after a few more dollars somewhere else.''

And this is very disturbing about Pudge:

This would be a good spot to remind everyone that one of Lowell's teammates has a statue of himself in his waterfront yard and loves to cruise the Caribbean in his yacht. Not that this makes Ivan Rodriguez a bad person, not at all.

Javie Lopez??? :lol: That was a joke right?

Ice, yes I am happy he helped us win the WS, but why not come back to the team that gave him a chance in the offseason last year when noone would? And why not come back to the team that gave you the ring you were in desperate need of? Pudge has now become worthless.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Javie Lopez??? :lol: That was a joke right?

Ice, yes I am happy he helped us win the WS, but why not come back to the team that gave him a chance in the offseason last year when noone would? And why not come back to the team that gave you the ring you were in desperate need of? Pudge has now become worthless.
a bunch of teams gave him chances...Baltimore offered him a 3 year deal worth 21 mill...but he took the Marlins offer, so he could prove his worth in one year---and he did just that. He is the reason the Marlins got that far, and the pitchers will miss him the most.

News has it Javy Lopez may come to the Marlins. I retract the laughing smiley from him now. I didn't realize the numbers he put up last year. He will take a paycut because he is not a greedy person. Javy on the Marlins would be AWESOME. I hear Pudge is having talks with the Mets.

Back
Top Bottom