im afraid Albert Wilson is done | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

im afraid Albert Wilson is done

His burst doesn't even look close to it was last year. It may come back, it may not. I would be surprised if they don't cut him this off season, unless the burst all the sudden shows up late in the year. Which is a shame, because he was a good player and a great guy.

Hip injuries can be some of the worst (injuries) in sports. Players may never recover 100% of their fluidity/drive/whatever afterwards. I think Wilson doesn’t really fit in with RF’s style of play. He’s always been more of a big possession receiver and TE guy.

A lot of Bellecheat's operandus is metrics, fitting players that do certain things well, or match up well to the opponent IMO. With Wilson not back fully back yet they may not know how to utilize him in this O. It's clear they like the size advantage, but pure speed works well. Wilson was always better at getting off the line than Grant IMHO.

They keep throwing passes where he is running lateral and catches the ball at the sideline. It's a recipe for disaster.

As much as I like the development of the DBs and Preston Williams, I think they are misusing Wilson. They gave grant better plays at WR yesterday.

Grant and Wilson are somewhat redundant. Wilson was better last year. Post injury it may be Grant. Neither one seems that utilized in this offense honestly, but I did really like how we dialed up that crosser to Grant for a key conversion yesterday.

one of my favorite players from last year docent seem to have a role in this offense, he looks stiff and slow , still no explosion and we could use some . My guess he gets recruited over
You forgot to add the salary being unfriendly....

He’s done. At the end of the day it’s the state of the team. Why your butt off when you know the team is rebuilding. Has Miami tried to even get him involved? We all know what he’s capable of, it seems he just isn’t a fit for Miami any more.

He’s done. At the end of the day it’s the state of the team. Why your butt off when you know the team is rebuilding. Has Miami tried to even get him involved? We all know what he’s capable of, it seems he just isn’t a fit for Miami any more.

I can tell you why Wilson plays hard regardless of state of the team. He's a 3rd/4th receiver at best. Guys like him aren't guaranteed another shot.

Is Albert fully healthy? He was a helluva dangerous player last season before he got injured. I haven't seen that Albert Wilson this year.

I don't think they're giving Wilson and Grant the opportunities they deserve. This offense is anemic at best and I'll give Flores some credit for getting the W yesterday, but they have been really putrid on offense 13.2 PPG and 31st in the NFL. So, they're supposedly trying to win but that's the best they can muster? Again I know Flores gets a pass this year but I'd love to get losses that look like 32-34 or at least 24-34 otherwise, Flores is no better than the last 3 or 4 coaches. His arrow is pointing up, unfortunately his prospects looked better when we thought he was trying for L's.

As expected the moment he had that hip injury (on a shoe string tackle nonetheless) we knew he would never be the same. Miami players never recover from injuries like that.

It wouldn’t break my heart. A gadget player who played for a gadget named Gase. I thank him for his service but I want healthy players. He can’t seem to shake this last injury. Let’s draft a slot guy for the Parker and Preston

Look at the bright side, Parker looks to be coming out of his shell.

We've replaced screens with throws down the field.

I got mad love for Wilson. I thought he could be used to sit in space in the slot and make a 4 yard pass turn into an 11 yard gain and such.

But we have Gesicki and Parker coming to life now. Screens be damned.

No WR on this roster can replicate the way he scored vs CHI and OAK last year.

We aren't utilizing him correctly so far.

I don't think they're giving Wilson and Grant the opportunities they deserve. This offense is anemic at best and I'll give Flores some credit for getting the W yesterday, but they have been really putrid on offense 13.2 PPG and 31st in the NFL. So, they're supposedly trying to win but that's the best they can muster? Again I know Flores gets a pass this year but I'd love to get losses that look like 32-34 or at least 24-34 otherwise, Flores is no better than the last 3 or 4 coaches. His arrow is pointing up, unfortunately his prospects looked better when we thought he was trying for L's.
I disagree with virtually everything you posted.

It takes time to install new systems. It takes even longer when you are going through guys like handy wipes, looking for players.

Wilson is most likely not the same player any more. Face it, like Grant, without that world class speed, hes a small, JAG type player. Grant is fine in certian situations, but he doesn't run great routes, or have good hands. If he had good hands, he would still be returning punts.

You, basically want to lose, but they need to be close scores and well played games, while seeing players you, personally, deem "worthy" getting the snaps that are, in your opinion, warranted?????

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. I just happen to believe Flores is doing better than can reasonably be asked at this point. He's got guys playing hard. I see them getting better on an almost weekly basis. I see a disciplined team, in terms of penalties. Hell, I even see an improving O-line, and that's right up there with parting the Reed sea, as miracles go.

Back
Top Bottom