Im Callin Out Madison | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im Callin Out Madison

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
this is his chance to prove to us that he doesnt need surtain to compliment his skill, that he can play zone and that he has not slowed down. he has to step up I know his play hasnt been piss poor but dnt for get several years back we had the best secondary in the milky way and he was arguebly the main reason why. plus JP loseman suks and our d schemes seem to confuse above average qb's (thus far) im putting madison under the microscope. :fire:

Wait, let me get this straight..........you're calling out Sam Madison..........and on an internet message forum? Might want to reconsider, I'm pretty sure Sam Madison won't be reading a word of it....... :lol:

enigmatics said:
Wait, let me get this straight..........you're calling out Sam Madison..........and on an internet message forum? Might want to reconsider, I'm pretty sure Sam Madison won't be reading a word of it....... :lol:
LOL.....it's not like Sam is on some website somewhere calling a guy that works at Wal-mart out .....You cant build those bikes as well as Jones did......get real,Madison is older,but he's still on the top tier of secondary players and he's still the best cover back we have,so until someone starts scoring 20 td's on him or somethin........calm down and put down the pipe.....

Ozzy said:
I think it was Surtain who was complimented by having Madison on the other side.

As for calling him out. Madison would probably laugh at this and give you Howards digits.

I've got to disagree with you on that. If you look back at the previous couple of years, teams threw more at Madison than Surtain. People use the excuse of his lack of interceptions as proof that Madison wasn't thrown at much. The truth is that Sam has dropped quite a few in the last couple of years. For a former wide receiver at Louisville, this is puzzling. He used to have great hands.

I remember Eric Moulds and Peerless Price saying in 2002 (after Madison was toasted by both of them at Buffalo) that Patrick Surtain is a Pro-Bowl player, but Madison was nothing but a punk that is a mere shadow of the player he used to be. While I don't believe that to be totally true, Madison's play has slipped.

I don't blame Madison for not having seven INTs a year any more or for occasionally get burned. I do blame him for those TWO MORONIC personal fouls in the Panthers game. In a game that was that close, those are the types of idiotic plays that can lose a game for you. He needs to play smarter and I'm sure Coach Saban would agree with me.

endorPHINS72 said:
I've got to disagree with you on that. If you look back at the previous couple of years, teams threw more at Madison than Surtain.

i loved Pat. but not last year. pats knee slowed him a bit and teams definitly threw on him more than Sammy.

:roflmao:
depac33 said:
LOL.....it's not like Sam is on some website somewhere calling a guy that works at Wal-mart out .....You cant build those bikes as well as Jones did......get real,Madison is older,but he's still on the top tier of secondary players and he's still the best cover back we have,so until someone starts scoring 20 td's on him or somethin........calm down and put down the pipe.....

I think Saban should have let Sam still do some of what he did best.That was jam the lead receiver at the line.I can understand a change in coverage but Madison still has the coverage skills of past.He was never that fast in the first place.The jamming technique alowed him to glue to the DB.He has done well considering its a new defense.

kcbrown said:
Taking notes to NEVER start a thread.....you guys are killing this man.

Come on, he deserves to be killed. Feel free to start a thread, but think first before starting it so you dont make yourself look like an idiot.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
this is his chance to prove to us that he doesnt need surtain to compliment his skill, that he can play zone and that he has not slowed down. he has to step up I know his play hasnt been piss poor but dnt for get several years back we had the best secondary in the milky way and he was arguebly the main reason why. plus JP loseman suks and our d schemes seem to confuse above average qb's (thus far) im putting madison under the microscope. :fire:

yay. well with you on the job, we can't lose.

endorPHINS72 said:
I've got to disagree with you on that. If you look back at the previous couple of years, teams threw more at Madison than Surtain. People use the excuse of his lack of interceptions as proof that Madison wasn't thrown at much. The truth is that Sam has dropped quite a few in the last couple of years. For a former wide receiver at Louisville, this is puzzling. He used to have great hands.

I remember Eric Moulds and Peerless Price saying in 2002 (after Madison was toasted by both of them at Buffalo) that Patrick Surtain is a Pro-Bowl player, but Madison was nothing but a punk that is a mere shadow of the player he used to be. While I don't believe that to be totally true, Madison's play has slipped.

I don't blame Madison for not having seven INTs a year any more or for occasionally get burned. I do blame him for those TWO MORONIC personal fouls in the Panthers game. In a game that was that close, those are the types of idiotic plays that can lose a game for you. He needs to play smarter and I'm sure Coach Saban would agree with me.

Madison had one real down year. Which happened to be Surtain's best year. I'm not trying to side on Madison because during the time Surtain played here, he was my favorite. Not just because of his play, but more because of his attitude.

All Corners get beat, especially by excellent Wr's, which Madison usually played against.

Teams did not throw more at Madison. Buffalo did because every Miami corner had trouble with Eric Moulds, and especially Madison. Madison was placed against Moulds almost exclusively with the occasional exception. I also recall Mould's calling Surtain the punk. Marvin Harrison was killing Miami until they exclusively placed Madison on him in the second half. Surtain could not cover him, and was beaten badly in the first half of that game.

Your right about dropped int's, but it is what it is, and they play defense for a reason. Because they don't have the best hands. Pat's hands are just better. Pat's skilz dropped dramatically last season with the new rules, while Madison played much better than him.

The penalties are what pisses me off. He needs to stop letting Wr's get under his skin. Steve Smith is a huge trash talker, and every single time he caught a pass he was posing, smack talking, and getting in Corners faces. Madison has always been into trash talk, which IMO, is his biggest downfall.

I've never said Madison has not lost a step, but he by far the best Miami has right now, and still a darn good Cb.

Back
Top Bottom