I'm confident Miami will draft 1 of these 5 players. I'll raise it, 2 of the 5. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm confident Miami will draft 1 of these 5 players. I'll raise it, 2 of the 5.

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
WR Rashaun Woods
G Chris Snee
OT Kelly Butler
S Sean Jones
CB/S Matt Ware

The Sporting News compares Kelly Butler to the play of Todd Wade which I found very interesting and odd at the same time. Didn't know Todd Wade had such unique talents to be compared to. To me, Todd Wade is like every other above average RT who's strength is the run and weakness is the pass, so the comparison really took me off guard. Butler has a very quick release off the snap (his 1.77 in 10 yarder displayed that) and is a very strong run blocker.
Butler is not very athletic though in pass protection according to ESPN. He lunges towards very explosive DE's alot when pass blocking and gets off balance. That might be the reason why the Todd Wade comparison was there even though I thought Wade was a pretty effective pass blocker. Butler might go late 2nd because of weak tackles in draft but more than likely will go 3rd.

IMO, Rashaun Woods is above Reggie Williams, Mike Williams and Clayton on Miami's WR list because of his intangibles, maturity and attitude along with his stellar on the field play. I do believe Rashaun is above Lee Evans as well because of Evans injury history on his knees. Miami passed on Washington last year from Tennessee because of his neck injury he had suffered 2 years before the draft. Woods is a "baller" and nothing less with speed being the knock on him and yet he ran very well in agility tests at the combine with everything equal. Has "outstanding" hands and leaping ability. Seperation in the NFL is a concern but is said to just know how to get open. Seems like this is the type of player Spielman conveys being he was very high on Boldin even after Boldin ran 4.7-4.8 40 yarders because of his on field performances. Woods might be very high on that list but the question is how big is the WR position now with Boston traded for?

Chris Snee has the leg strength that I have noticed Miami liking in their O-lineman and what is said about him reminds me ALOT of what I read after Miami drafted Seth McKinney from profiles. Very strong base, high character, plays with a mean streak and a technician. Patriots love Chris Snee as well. Surprise, Surprise.

Ware and Sean Jones are both high character players with very big ranges when playing 2 deep zone which Miami safeties do. Ware is a very strong man on man player. He "neutralized" Reggie Williams last year when taking him on man to man. Ware does very well against tall receivers which means in this Miami scheme he could cover MOST of the Tight ends in this league which Miami likes to do when facing a dominant TE such as Gonzalez or Heap. He's very versatile and can be switched from safety to CB when injury bugs occur which is a plus. I like Ware ALOT but that does not matter, I believe Spielman and the Miami FO like Ware ALOT as well.

Sean Jones has no major weaknesses according to ESPN and has very good "instincts/awareness". He has big range when covering half the field, very quick and smart. Rarely drops a catchable INT. Troubles locating balls over shoulder though. Mainly, he has no big weaknesses and Miami's safety position is unsettled even though they did land Antwan Edwards from GB.

Those are my 5 players I think Miami will trade down for in 1st round and trade up for out of 3rd to 2nd to get.

MY 2 cents.

In a mag i saw a couple years ago it said Todd Wade was a rising star and was the most flexible OT in the league or something like that

No Shawn Andrews? Just about every mock draft has Miami taking him. i really couldn't even guess. A couple years ago the last thing I thought we would take would be a CB, so I couldn't ever predict what this regime does.

You assume we'll be trading down then.

I like Ware. We need a playmaking safety. But he is more of a strong safety.

Dajesus said:
No Shawn Andrews? Just about every mock draft has Miami taking him. i really couldn't even guess. A couple years ago the last thing I thought we would take would be a CB, so I couldn't ever predict what this regime does.

Rude is assuming we'll trade down. Hence, no Andrews. Unless they find him entered in the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest before the draft, he's not falling to a point where we could trade down to get him.

The thing to remember about mock drafts is that in a lot of cases, they'll basically say, "we're not sure this guy will fall this far, but we can't make a really compelling argument for any of these above teams, so we'll put him here." In this case, that's Andrews and the Phins. If Miami sits at #20, I'd rate the chances of him falling to us at about 1 in 3. But if he did fall, there's almost no way we would pass on him, which means that, in a sense, he's the most likely pick.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
WR Rashaun Woods
G Chris Snee
OT Kelly Butler
S Sean Jones
CB/S Matt Ware

The Sporting News compares Kelly Butler to the play of Todd Wade which I found very interesting and odd at the same time. Didn't know Todd Wade had such unique talents to be compared to. To me, Todd Wade is like every other above average RT who's strength is the run and weakness is the pass, so the comparison really took me off guard. Butler has a very quick release off the snap (his 1.77 in 10 yarder displayed that) and is a very strong run blocker.
Butler is not very athletic though in pass protection according to ESPN. He lunges towards very explosive DE's alot when pass blocking and gets off balance. That might be the reason why the Todd Wade comparison was there even though I thought Wade was a pretty effective pass blocker. Butler might go late 2nd because of weak tackles in draft but more than likely will go 3rd.

IMO, Rashaun Woods is above Reggie Williams, Mike Williams and Clayton on Miami's WR list because of his intangibles, maturity and attitude along with his stellar on the field play. I do believe Rashaun is above Lee Evans as well because of Evans injury history on his knees. Miami passed on Washington last year from Tennessee because of his neck injury he had suffered 2 years before the draft. Woods is a "baller" and nothing less with speed being the knock on him and yet he ran very well in agility tests at the combine with everything equal. Has "outstanding" hands and leaping ability. Seperation in the NFL is a concern but is said to just know how to get open. Seems like this is the type of player Spielman conveys being he was very high on Boldin even after Boldin ran 4.7-4.8 40 yarders because of his on field performances. Woods might be very high on that list but the question is how big is the WR position now with Boston traded for?

Chris Snee has the leg strength that I have noticed Miami liking in their O-lineman and what is said about him reminds me ALOT of what I read after Miami drafted Seth McKinney from profiles. Very strong base, high character, plays with a mean streak and a technician. Patriots love Chris Snee as well. Surprise, Surprise.

Ware and Sean Jones are both high character players with very big ranges when playing 2 deep zone which Miami safeties do. Ware is a very strong man on man player. He "neutralized" Reggie Williams last year when taking him on man to man. Ware does very well against tall receivers which means in this Miami scheme he could cover MOST of the Tight ends in this league which Miami likes to do when facing a dominant TE such as Gonzalez or Heap. He's very versatile and can be switched from safety to CB when injury bugs occur which is a plus. I like Ware ALOT but that does not matter, I believe Spielman and the Miami FO like Ware ALOT as well.

Sean Jones has no major weaknesses according to ESPN and has very good "instincts/awareness". He has big range when covering half the field, very quick and smart. Rarely drops a catchable INT. Troubles locating balls over shoulder though. Mainly, he has no big weaknesses and Miami's safety position is unsettled even though they did land Antwan Edwards from GB.

Those are my 5 players I think Miami will trade down for in 1st round and trade up for out of 3rd to 2nd to get.

MY 2 cents.
I'd rather have Evans but would be ok with Woods.I like Snee but he'll be gone in round 2 or early 3 imo so unless we trade down we won't have a shot at him.

Ozzy rules!!

2 of these five will be dophins:
1.Teddy Lehman
2.Stuart Schweigert
3.Lee Evans
4.Terry Johnson
5.Tim Anderson

don't ask me why I just what I feel

Again this year, I will not be drafted by the Dolphins

finsnchips said:
You assume we'll be trading down then.

I like Ware. We need a playmaking safety. But he is more of a strong safety.

Ware is attractive, and he really wouldn't be a reach at 20. i don't see where you are coming from saying he is a ss, when he started 2 years at cb and 1 at fs. he's a big, fast, flexible ballhawker that would be a good addition to the secondary

Dajesus said:

Just last year is a great exmple when they took Moore.

I would be happy with...

nick19991 said:
2 of these five will be dophins:
1.Teddy Lehman
2.Stuart Schweigert
3.Lee Evans
4.Terry Johnson
5.Tim Anderson

don't ask me why I just what I feel

numbers 1 and 2. Although it seems any two of the 5 would make decent picks.

Steve

To tell the truth, I'm hoping for Miami to trade down and select Chris Snee.

Then use 2 3rd round picks to trade up and select Matt Ware.

That's the situation I'm leaning towards.

Back
Top Bottom