I’m Getting Drunk. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m Getting Drunk.

Question? Dolphins are expected to 'tank' yes? Fitzpatrick can win games and now the Dolphins have an instant shoe in if Fitz fails. How is that a strategy to fail? Don't be suprised if the Phins win 5-7 games next season. Even 5 wins could wreck their plan long term but I'm thinking now it's not a tank season. It's another mediocre one. This isn't about contracts. It's about draft position for next season. Well at least I thought it was. Not convinced about that now.

This forum is pathetic. Everywhere I've been, unbiased fans have universally lauded these moves as incredible. Experts have heaped praise.

Here, a bunch of sky-is-falling crybabies. Absolutely toxic.

Someone needs to remind some of you that we ALSO recieved a 2nd round pick next year that was basically part of all this.

Basically we put off our 2nd round pick till next year and got Rosen for a 5th.

We ****ed ourselves.

Again.

As always, self inflicted.

Rosen. Not for a 2nd.....

BUT FOR A 2nd AND A 5th!!!

Wow. What a steal. And to think guys were pissed about getting him for a 2nd. Oh hell no, we can top that easy!

You can ALSO HAVE A 5th!!!

Well, at least the FO enjoyed the can of dumbass they had for breakfast....

Uhh they got a 2nd rounder from NO in 2020 so they traded what you said and got Rosen/2nd rd pick next year.

That isn’t the catastrophe you’re making it seem like it is.

Question? Dolphins are expected to 'tank' yes? Fitzpatrick can win games and now the Dolphins have an instant shoe in if Fitz fails. How is that a strategy to fail? Don't be suprised if the Phins win 5-7 games next season. Even 5 wins could wreck their plan long term but I'm thinking now it's not a tank season. It's another mediocre one. This isn't about contracts. It's about draft position for next season. Well at least I thought it was. Not convinced about that now.

Their schedule isn’t allowing them to win 7 games. They may be 4-12 but not much better.

Uhh they got a 2nd rounder from NO in 2020 so they traded what you said and got Rosen/2nd rd pick next year.

That isn’t the catastrophe you’re making it seem like it is.

If we get a 5th round pick for a player (or however) it's a worthless throw in pick.

If we trade a 5th round pick it's the most valuable asset in the world, we are incompetent, and got swindled.

It's funny that most of the old timers here whine that we don't try for a real QB and sometimes root for us to lose when guys like Matt Moore and Chad Pennington are at the helm because it's for the greater good. Then we get a franchise QB prospect and everyone's fricking pissy just because they've seen him play like a rookie QB plays on a league worst team.

Imagine being upset about having 13 picks and $120 mill in cap space next year, a potential franchise QB for a great value, a stud DT, and a starting lineman.

The national media is giving us massive praise, but then I look at our beat writers and Finheaven and you'd think they pulled a Giants and drafted Daniel Jones at #6.

People are so cynical by the Dolphins that they can't see good work when it's happening.

Hi guys just wanted to check in with the resident know nothings here. I’m as cynical a dolphin fan as there is , but Chris Grier is doing very well so far. Btw if you compare Rosen to Tannehill in anyway stop posting because you really don’t know what you’re looking at. Rosen is supremely talented and we acquired him for next to nothing and will pay him very little. Tannehill never had the skill that Rosen does. So far so good.

Imagine being upset about having 13 picks and $120 mill in cap space next year, a potential franchise QB for a great value, a stud DT, and a starting lineman.

The national media is giving us massive praise, but then I look at our beat writers and Finheaven and you'd think they pulled a Giants and drafted Daniel Jones at #6.

People are so cynical by the Dolphins that they can't see good work when it's happening.

Then there's this: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article229715139.html

To make it worse I can't even read it because I refuse to pay for the Miami Herald's articles.
Why the Miami Dolphins are big winners with draft-day trade for QB Josh Rosen | Opinion
BY GREG COTE

Christian Wilkins, then Josh Rosen? Brilliant. A masterwork.

The Miami Dolphins’ first two days’ bounty in the NFL Draft have been rather monumental. These are the Dolphins, mostly off the national radar for the past two decades. I am unaccustomed to being this complimentary. It’s a nice change.

The Dolphins hit big Thursday night in scoring the Clemson defensive tackle Wilkins with the NFL Draft’s 13th overall pick. He’s a Brahman bull of a talent.

I felt the second round on Friday night had to be about the elephant in the room: Quarterback, please.

I and others felt Miami had to draft one of the top remaining QBs in the second round, or trade for one. Just get one.

It wasn’t looking good.

After passing on the chance to draft Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins in the first round, Miami watched Friday night as Denver grabbed Missouri QB Drew Lock six spots before the Fins were scheduled to pick. Miami then traded down out of that 48th overall pick. Meanwhile, negotiations to acquire Rosen (a 2018 top 10 pick) from Arizona by trade seemed to stall over the Cardinals’ asking price.

But then!

The news broke like champagne corks pop. Miami had acquired Rosen for a second round pick, 62nd overall, and a fifth round pick in 2020. That is fair value, and a smart, smart move by Miami.

Dolphins later selected Wisconsin guard Michael Deiter in the the third round. Fine. Whatever. This night was about getting a quarterback.

Rosen, despite a shaky rookie season, gives Miami the chance to develop his potential as a franchise QB. Maybe he’ll beat stopgap guy Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting job and maybe he won’t. No matter. Rosen becomes the safety net in case the 2020 draft dreams don’t pan out.

There had been speculation the Dolphins didn’t like Rosen’s personality, how he’d fit. Nonsense. His skill set is first round. If you’re good, if you win ... you fit.

Don’t get this wrong.

Rosen is an insurance policy.

Miami absolutely should still have its eye on a QB in the ‘20 draft: on Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa (the Holy Grail), Oregon’s Justin Herbert or Georgia’s Jake Fromm.

But now, even if that doesn’t transpire, in Rosen, you have a young, first round-caliber QB.

Not only that, Miami has now stockpiled 14 picks in next year’s draft, a real bounty.

The reboot is taking shape. You can see it. Wilkins and Rosen are great additions. And the 2020 draft is bursting with potential.

Friday likely was the last chance for Miami to acquire the potential franchise QB who would give the Dolphins such a huge safety net in case they aren’t lucky enough to land Tagovailoa or another elite arm in 2020.

Strike out on a quarterback Friday and all you had left were prayers that Miami would be awful enough this coming season to win the draft lottery a year from now — a dangerous dice roll.

Ideally, the Fins would get one of two guys today — Rosen via trade or Lock in the draft — and get Tagovailoa in ‘20.

Hey, after years of this club not having enough at the most important position, there’s no law against having too much.

Miami was the obvious most likely trade partner with Arizona for Rosen, last year’s top-10 draftee who became expendable Thursday night when the Cardinals selected Kyler Murray No. 1 overall. The Giants and Redskins stopped Rosen-shopping when they drafted QBs Thursday night.

I hoped the Fins wouldn’t lose out on Rosen in a staring match, or a quibble over one rounds’ compensation.

They didn’t. They got it done.

Rebooting the roster under new coach Brian Flores, the talent-thin Dolphins are expected to be lousy in 2019. There are plenty of needs to address in this draft. Think offensive line, offensive line and offensive line. Another defensive end/edge rusher would be nice. A cornerback, too, maybe.

But, after Wilkins in the first round, there had to be only one clear priority.

Thursday was about getting the highest-graded guy on their draft board, and the Dolphins did in Wilkins.

Friday unequivocally needed to be about finding a quarterback.

And the Miami Dolphins did that.

Hi guys just wanted to check in with the resident know nothings here. I’m as cynical a dolphin fan as there is , but Chris Grier is doing very well so far. Btw if you compare Rosen to Tannehill in anyway stop posting because you really don’t know what you’re looking at. Rosen is supremely talented and we acquired him for next to nothing and will pay him very little. Tannehill never had the skill that Rosen does. So far so good.

Only thing Tannehill ever had was a strong arm and a can-do attitude. He was such a reach as a project QB and he proceeded to play like a guy who had no instincts for the position his entire career. Rosen is a legitimate QB who was a prolific passer in college.

Back
Top Bottom