Im predicting that we take a DT with #20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im predicting that we take a DT with #20

If Andrews is gone by the 20th then i agree with you. I say we will get Starks.

OMG, if they did that im not sure how many fans we would have left. Our main upgrade had to be oline but i think by June 1st if a good/great vet is cut by cap or something of another then we should go after him. The draft is a way to get a player that can help us a year or 2 later down the road and if hes good enought to start then miami should start him. The can;t go dline , i hope they dont :down:

Originally posted by 34RWilliams
OMG, if they did that im not sure how many fans we would have left. Our main upgrade had to be oline but i think by June 1st if a good/great vet is cut by cap or something of another then we should go after him. The draft is a way to get a player that can help us a year or 2 later down the road and if hes good enought to start then miami should start him. The can;t go dline , i hope they dont :down:

we NEED insurance for ole' Timbo and that is no secret. If he goes down, which is a strong possibility considering his injuries, our D takes a huge hit.

From the Dolphin Digest-

Listed in reverse priority order as a position of little or no need.

1. Kicker
2. Tight End
3. QB
4. Fullback
5. RB
6. Defensive tackle

Defensive Tackle- The Dolphins have veteran depth here with Tim Bowens, Larry Chester, Jeff Zgonina, and Dario Romero has shown promise as well.

How about waiting to get the insurance until the 2nd pick or try and pick one up in FA. I believe o-line trumps dt right now.

Defensive Tackle- The Dolphins have veteran depth here with Tim Bowens, Larry Chester, Jeff Zgonina, and Dario Romero has shown promise as well.

after timbo and larry, there is a huge drop off. Selecting a young DT would also help in the process of re-building our aging defense. Prople say that our D is getting old. Why not help offset that notion by adding some young future starters right now?

It's true that we have depth in the DT position, problem is that it is OLD depth....Chester is the youngest at 28, but is not the force that Timbo is. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we went DT or LB in the first IF Andrews is gone...Carey is not a pure tackle and there are questions (as with Andrews) of his attitude and injuries... I like Smiley and think he has equivalent talent as Andrews but only in the G position, therefore they probably won't go with him. Also, RS reiterated that they felt good about both Jerman and Whitley to start. As was said above, that probably means if Andrews is not there, they will go another direction and bring in Ruddy or Perry as veteran insurance...But the fact is that they CAN go BPA if they want and unless it is a RB or CB, I wouldn't be too upset.

I'd be thrilled if Vilma was there (provided Andrews is not)....JMHO...

According to the Digest the first position on Defense needed to be addressed was Safety at number 3. "Press Time" was before the Edwards acquisition so I believe number 4 has moved up a notch and number 4 was linebackers.

They looked at some third rounders and assumed at the earliest it would be the third if the value was there. They believe that the middle rounds will fall to a linebacker and mentioned Courtney Watson as the most intriguing.

I should also say that they assumed that their number 5 selection was DE and that was on the pretence that Ogunleye would not be here this year or next.

So Defensive tackle could very well end up at priority number 4 in their view.

Originally posted by MelbournePhin
well put larry. I should have added the IF Andrews is gone twist. If hes there, I say take him.

Well damn.......

That just took away the interest of the original post! :lol:

Spielman went out of his way to acknowledge the guys we picked up last year for DE/DT. He also praised Whitley/German and St. Claire. I think he is comfortable with those guys fighting it out, and possibly picking up a vet after the next round of cuts. I think he is seriously leaning towards WR or DB/LB at #20.

Well damn.......

That just took away the interest of the original post!

my bad. I like the idea of Watson too.

Back
Top Bottom