Im predicting that we take a DT with #20 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im predicting that we take a DT with #20

Originally posted by midwest_phinfan
No chance we take a DT in the first round. We don't need one. If you listened to Ricks draft conference yesterday he mentioned Dario Romero. This guy played a lot last year and he played well, we already have 4 above average DT's why in the world would we waste a # 20 pick on another. Especially when DT is a very servicable through free agency, no reason for us to draft one, its NOT going to happen at #20.

VERY servicable.....If we need to plug a DT in for one season there are ALWAYS some available in FA-gency that can play OUR sysytem....we just need the biggest, dumbest, mountain of a man and tell him to stand in the middle.

The Ted Washingtons and Sam Adams will be available every year...

Originally posted by TeeMoney
Spielman went out of his way to acknowledge the guys we picked up last year for DE/DT. He also praised Whitley/German and St. Claire. I think he is comfortable with those guys fighting it out, and possibly picking up a vet after the next round of cuts. I think he is seriously leaning towards WR or DB/LB at #20.

If he's targeting OL after the veteran cuts or he's planning on briniging back Ruddy and Perry then this team doesn't have it's priorities in order. Any pick with number 1 that doesn't include OL or WR is dumb unless we trade down or get a high pick for Ogun on draft day. Even WR is way below our need for OL. IN WR we have depth if Boston or Chambers goes down with Tolver, and Darrius T. I'm just worried that Wanny and SPielman are leaning too much on scrubs or cuts for OL. They need to stay focused because they have not been successful in getting what they want for the OL so far.

If we can't get Andrews or Carey then I see us trading down for extra picks.

Originally posted by Sherif

If he's targeting OL after the veteran cuts or he's planning on briniging back Ruddy and Perry ...

I think it is his (wanny, spielman and crew) philosophy. If Andrews is gone, and Rick can't trade down I think he'll take a WR or LB (Vilma?), ie.. best player available.

Another reason why I don't see Lee Evans at 20 is that Derrius Thompson's contract essentially offers no savings for his release.

It's either a lineman or a linebacker and guns may be drawn in Miami if it is indeed another linebacker.

:m83:

Back
Top Bottom