Im still not missing Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im still not missing Tannehill

I bet you’d like the 40 TD he was responsible for this season. Or the back to back playoffs, something we haven’t done in decades.
I wouldve loved any of our QBs handing off to Derrick Henry.
Again, another game where the defense commits to stopping the run and Tannehill fails to take advantage.

Unfortunately Tannehill didn’t have his best game. They took away Henry, not sure why he didn’t keep it in a few of those where Henry ran into a pile and try to burn the defenseman outside. When they held and then choose to pass twice on 2nd and 2 at midfield after Henry got his first good gain the game got away from them.

Without having seen the game, I'm left to believe that Tannehill is a victim of taking what the defenses give him. It's like defenses can let him complete passes all game long provided they keep it contained to short yardage. It leaves me shaking my head that the guy doesn't see through the deception and take more shots down field, percentages be damned. What else could it be?

Derrick Henry gets all the credit when they win. Maybe we should blame him for losing? 40 yard effort in the playoffs. As far as I'm aware the Titans got 0 first downs rushing.

Russell Wilson was 11 for 27 and lost to a qb who couldn't even grip and throw the football. Maybe its time to start the narrative that he isn't a top qb because he can't win without Marshawn Lynch.
I think they got one rushing first down on a QB sneak.

Without having seen the game, I'm left to believe that Tannehill is a victim of taking what the defenses give him. It's like defenses can let him complete passes all game long provided they keep it contained to short yardage. It leaves me shaking my head that the guy doesn't see through the deception and take more shots down field, percentages be damned. What else could it be?
Tannehill throws deep at a very high rate. The division winning throw last week is emblematic of what he does constantly.

The Ravens are superbly coached. Its why regardless of talent they beat us regularly by 20 to 40 points because they find the weakness and drive a truck through it. Tennessee's best receivers are big, not fast, and Baltimore kept them from getting downfield. They played their faster but lesser receivers just trying to keep them in front of the defense. There weren't great deep shots to be had.

Tannehill just lost another big game
Good riddance to the only Fins QB who did not know who plays in the AFC East. Nice Dude, Average QB.
Yup sure the Titans fans will fave nothing but glorious things to say about their game changing QB this morning - with that contract they should have a QB with better PO pedigree.

Yup sure the Titans fans will fave nothing but glorious things to say about their game changing QB this morning - with that contract they should have a QB with better PO pedigree.
LOL

AFC QBs who have made the playoffs each of the last two seasons:

Mahomes
Jackson
Tannehill

Way to punt the ball meathead Vrabel and not even give your team a chance, p****.

Unfortunately Tannehill didn’t have his best game. They took away Henry, not sure why he didn’t keep it in a few of those where Henry ran into a pile and try to burn the defenseman outside. When they held and then choose to pass twice on 2nd and 2 at midfield after Henry got his first good gain the game got away from them.
Tannehill never really ran with the ball as much as he could have and should have. I never understood that.

Back
Top Bottom