Imagine this mock!..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imagine this mock!.....

Reaction score
* MIA signs FA WR Antonio Bryant
* MIA trades WR Marty Booker to PHI for 2006 3rd round pick
* MIA trades RB Ricky Williams to PHI for 2006 2nd round pick
* MIA trades CB Sam Madison to KC for 2006 3rd round pick

I know this is SO maddenish, but its my mock... I could dream, leave me alone :tongue: .... Anyway, we take....

1st Round - 16 - (16) - Jimmy Williams - CB - Virginia

- Cutler's gone by this point... Somehow Williams drops right into Miami's hands... Saban loves this and decides to take him... Dosent seem like such a bad idea to trade Madison now, does it?

* 2nd round - 14 - (46) - Bobby Carpenter - OLB - Ohio State

- Saban is drooling over the draft thus far... With out first 2 picks we have filled holes in RCB and ROLB... Nice... Carpenter will come in and get extensive playing time at OLB, similar to Crowders year this year... Our LB's will look like this Crowder - Thomas - Carpenter.... SCARY.

2nd round - 16 - (48) - Jonathon Scott - OT - Texas

- The classic example of a player dropping for no aparent reason... Saban was planning on taking a QB with this pick and an O-lineman with our next pick but with Scott still on the board there is NO WAY we can overlook him here... So much talent in front of him that he drops right into our hands with this pick... Our future LT? Jonathon Scott....

* 3rd round - 14 - (68) - Roman Harper - S - Alabama

- At this point I believe Saban has had a mild heartattack... On a serious note this kid reminds me SO much of Rodney Harrison its rediculous... We resigned Schulters to play FS and now we got our SS... Saban loves it, I love it, and, at this point, all the Miami Dolphin faithfull LOVE IT.... Just look at what NFLdraftcountdown had to say about him...
" The type who does everything well but nothing great...Makes everyone around him better..May not be the biggest or fastest guy out there but he is a true football player...Every good team has a player like this on their squad."

Is that Rodney Harrison folks or is that Rodney Harrison?

3rd round - 16 - (70) - Brodie Croyle - QB - Alabama

- We lock up our 2nd member of the Crimson Tide and 2nd in a row right here with Croyle... Saban sent Mueller on a mission this offseason... He told him to go out and find the best avaliable QB in the later-mid rounds... He told him to find someone with a cannon for an arm, someone with smarts, someone whos a hard worker, someone who has all the intangibles, someone who does all the little things right, someone who makes very very few mistakes, and most of all someone whos a team leader... What name did Mueller come back with you ask?... Brodie Croyle. Hopefully he turns out something like some other "Mueller QB's" ala Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Bulger, and Brooks to name a few....

* 3rd round - 20 - (74) - Mike Hass - WR - Oregon State

- The definition of a 3rd WR... Catches everything thrown to him... Catches in the clucth... does the little things right... great blocker... With the trade of Booker we now need a #3 WR... Now we got one in Hass...

" Had an amazing senior campaign in 2005...His computer numbers and physical tools won't impress you but this guy is a true football player...Not very flashy but he does all the little things that help a team win games...Should be a reliable #2 or #3 option and a classic possession receiver at the pro level. "

Do you see a trend here...? I do... and I like it.

4th round - 16 - (112) - Greg Eslinger - C - Minnesota

- Our O-line is now set...

:evil:

RT - Vernon Carey
RG - Rex Hadnot
C - Greg Eslinger
LG - Jeno James
LT - Jonathon Scott

:evil:

Wow.. So lets sum up this draft

1) Jimmy Williams
2) Bobby Carpenter
3) Jonathon Scott
4) Roman Harper
5) Brodie Croyle
6) Mike Hass
7) Greg Eslinger

Wow.. this would be the best draft in the last decade of dolphin football, mabey ever... Nice..

chris84chambers said:
i cant really read this considering u said to trade zach thomas for a 3rd round

Some of you people need to stop reading into that crap so much... I had a real nice informative post before and all i hear is the "Trade Zach for as 3rd?" " What are you talking about."... God forbid I assume a trade, dam.. . I know we would never do it.. The draft has WAY to much depth this year however.. Some of you dont realize this....

Mod Warning: Be civil. WB3

Personal Attacks
There will be no personal attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster’s comments, please email an administrator or moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manor as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email/PM the member. DO NOT take out personal arguments in a thread.

Personal attacks can be categorized as (but not limited to): Racist, Bigoted, Derogatory, Sexist, Hateful or Threatening.

Language
Comments considered to be derogatory, disgusting, hateful or offensive are not permitted. There will be no swearing of any kind. Circumventing the profanity filter is also not permitted. Basically, use your head.

chris84chambers said:
well wanting to trade thomas for a 3rd round pick is absurd

Not necesseraily... Especially if its a high 3rd... If we could get Carpenter with our 2nd pick and either Peterson or Witherspoon in FA, it dosent look so bad after all, does it?... We could get 1st round talent in last years draft in the 3rd round this year... You people need to realize this.... I understand it may not be that smartest thing to do... But if you are building for the future... Keeping a 31 year old LB may not be the smartest thing either... Especially with the talent in this years draft...

chris84chambers said:
he has like 2-3 years left of pro bowl

In your opinion... Do you know this for sure?... Hes coming off arguably the best year of his career... That has to take a toll on ones body... One has to wonder how much he has left... Especially with the injuries he had this year... If we can get as 3rd for him.. Do it.. Build for the future, man... Build for the future.....

I like it except for Jimmy Williams (not a fan, projects as more of a FS). But I wont dwell on 1 pick. Id take it in a heartbeat cause there's a ton of talent.

I love a lot of your picks. Brodie Croyle, Bobby Carpenter and Jon Scott are three players I'd love to have. Scott reminds me of Richmond Webb, Carpenter is the type of big, physical linebacker that Saban would love. Croyle would be a #1 pick if not for injuries, which have been significant. Nice later rounds as well. I'm not as high on Jimmy Williams as most are, but not because of what he can do on the field. In reading notes on him, it just sounds like he might be difficult to coach. Doesn't sound like a Saban guy. I also think this is a great year to trade some vets like Ricky Williams and Sam Madison. The draft is loaded so more picks would be awesome.

paskerbrandon said:
Any other opinions?

1) i say no to trading williams so you'll have to live without the extra pick in the second; williams at the price we're paying him is too good a deal, and you haven't replaced him in the draft, so who backs up brown?
2) i'm ok trading booker and signing bryant. haas - good idea.
3) thought you could sneak brodie croyle by me...no way. too many question marks, especially regarding his history of injuries. surely there are better candidates than croyle at that spot. yes, he's tough, yes, he's a leader, but not much else there, or at least he did a damn good job disguising it. if he's the best we do, we're in trouble.

so, otherwise, love it...except keeping ricky and saying 'no' to croyle.

Back
Top Bottom