Imagine this mock!..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imagine this mock!.....

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I... Croyle would be a #1 pick if not for injuries, which have been significant.... I also think this is a great year to trade some vets like Ricky Williams and Sam Madison. The draft is loaded so more picks would be awesome...

...except for the injuries...more like significant to the point that he can't be relied upon. if he got banged up enough to miss time in college, i don't like his chances in the pro's...also, until you know you can replace madison and williams, you can't move them. we should draft a cb even if we keep sam; if you move him, you need to draft another cb. and anyone we have on the roster now didn't work replacing ricky in '04, so we need a backup rb if you want to move ricky, imo. do you draft him? maybe riggs in the later rounds (like the 7th), providing his health checks out. is there a free agent you can sign? better answer that before you move ricky.

paskerbrandon said:
* MIA signs FA WR Antonio Bryant
* MIA trades WR Marty Booker to PHI for 2006 3rd round pick
* MIA trades RB Ricky Williams to PHI for 2006 2nd round pick
* MIA trades CB Sam Madison to KC for 2006 3rd round pick

I know this is SO maddenish, but its my mock... I could dream, leave me alone :tongue: .... Anyway, we take....

1st Round - 16 - (16) - Jimmy Williams - CB - Virginia

- Cutler's gone by this point... Somehow Williams drops right into Miami's hands... Saban loves this and decides to take him... Dosent seem like such a bad idea to trade Madison now, does it?

* 2nd round - 14 - (46) - Bobby Carpenter - OLB - Ohio State

- Saban is drooling over the draft thus far... With out first 2 picks we have filled holes in RCB and ROLB... Nice... Carpenter will come in and get extensive playing time at OLB, similar to Crowders year this year... Our LB's will look like this Crowder - Thomas - Carpenter.... SCARY.

2nd round - 16 - (48) - Jonathon Scott - OT - Texas

- The classic example of a player dropping for no aparent reason... Saban was planning on taking a QB with this pick and an O-lineman with our next pick but with Scott still on the board there is NO WAY we can overlook him here... So much talent in front of him that he drops right into our hands with this pick... Our future LT? Jonathon Scott....

* 3rd round - 14 - (68) - Roman Harper - S - Alabama

- At this point I believe Saban has had a mild heartattack... On a serious note this kid reminds me SO much of Rodney Harrison its rediculous... We resigned Schulters to play FS and now we got our SS... Saban loves it, I love it, and, at this point, all the Miami Dolphin faithfull LOVE IT.... Just look at what NFLdraftcountdown had to say about him...
" The type who does everything well but nothing great...Makes everyone around him better..May not be the biggest or fastest guy out there but he is a true football player...Every good team has a player like this on their squad."

Is that Rodney Harrison folks or is that Rodney Harrison?

3rd round - 16 - (70) - Brodie Croyle - QB - Alabama

- We lock up our 2nd member of the Crimson Tide and 2nd in a row right here with Croyle... Saban sent Mueller on a mission this offseason... He told him to go out and find the best avaliable QB in the later-mid rounds... He told him to find someone with a cannon for an arm, someone with smarts, someone whos a hard worker, someone who has all the intangibles, someone who does all the little things right, someone who makes very very few mistakes, and most of all someone whos a team leader... What name did Mueller come back with you ask?... Brodie Croyle. Hopefully he turns out something like some other "Mueller QB's" ala Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Bulger, and Brooks to name a few....

* 3rd round - 20 - (74) - Mike Hass - WR - Oregon State

- The definition of a 3rd WR... Catches everything thrown to him... Catches in the clucth... does the little things right... great blocker... With the trade of Booker we now need a #3 WR... Now we got one in Hass...

" Had an amazing senior campaign in 2005...His computer numbers and physical tools won't impress you but this guy is a true football player...Not very flashy but he does all the little things that help a team win games...Should be a reliable #2 or #3 option and a classic possession receiver at the pro level. "

Do you see a trend here...? I do... and I like it.

4th round - 16 - (112) - Greg Eslinger - C - Minnesota

- Our O-line is now set...

:evil:

RT - Vernon Carey
RG - Rex Hadnot
C - Greg Eslinger
LG - Jeno James
LT - Jonathon Scott

:evil:

Wow.. So lets sum up this draft

1) Jimmy Williams
2) Bobby Carpenter
3) Jonathon Scott
4) Roman Harper
5) Brodie Croyle
6) Mike Hass
7) Greg Eslinger

Wow.. this would be the best draft in the last decade of dolphin football, mabey ever... Nice..
Do I like it? Of course...what's not to like? Is it posible?.... :sidelol:
First things first....why would Philly trade their 2nd and 3rd round pick to us for older guys when they can just draft 2 younger guys with no bagagge? Do you actully think they'd trade for Ricky after what happen to them with TO?
Sam for a 3rd? is posible but they didn't even want to give us a 2nd for Pat who's not only better but younger but is posible...at least more posible than the other 2 trades.

On to your draft....I love it but Carpenter could and should be gone by the very early 2nd at the latest and Scott should be gone in the 1st.Croyle could be there at 70.Eslinger is the top rated center and will be gone in the 3rd imo.But I know is the offseason and we all dream up stuff....I've done it too but your mock.....Williams,Carpenter,Scott,Harper who I'd like in the 3rd,Hass,Croyle and Eslinger.....we're talking fantasyland here.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

cowtowndick said:
...except for the injuries...more like significant to the point that he can't be relied upon. if he got banged up enough to miss time in college, i don't like his chances in the pro's...also, until you know you can replace madison and williams, you can't move them. we should draft a cb even if we keep sam; if you move him, you need to draft another cb. and anyone we have on the roster now didn't work replacing ricky in '04, so we need a backup rb if you want to move ricky, imo. do you draft him? maybe riggs in the later rounds (like the 7th), providing his health checks out. is there a free agent you can sign? better answer that before you move ricky.
The 2 plays Croyle got hurt on were flukes. They were not plays he should have got hurt on. Im talking about junk like landing wrong and hurting his shoulder and having someone come down on a leg. Things that can happen to any qb. I know the fact is that he did get hurt but the point is this guy is not a wimp who would get knocked out by a good hit. Hes taken plenty and gotten up.

I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy Williams, Roman Harper, or Greg Eslinger. Jimmy Williams is not a shut down corner & isn't very fast or technically sound. He should be made into a CB. Roman Harper is an undersized SS that runs in the 4.6 range, no thanks. Greg Eslinger is a finese blocker that would hamper our running game. I love the Carpenter, Scott, & Croyle picks, especially at those points in the draft.

Boik14 said:
The 2 plays Croyle got hurt on were flukes. They were not plays he should have got hurt on. Im talking about junk like landing wrong and hurting his shoulder and having someone come down on a leg. Things that can happen to any qb. I know the fact is that he did get hurt but the point is this guy is not a wimp who would get knocked out by a good hit. Hes taken plenty and gotten up.

gotta admit, everything i hear about the guy says how tough he is, so i'm inclined to agree that maybe his injuries were flukey. and if he's picked, i'm sure it will be for good reasons, so i hope he proves people like me wrong for doubting him...

Croyle is definitely one of the few QBs I'd take in the later rounds. He needs to bulk up a bit but he's a tough, smart, and dedicated guy.

SpeedRush99 said:
Croyle is definitely one of the few QBs I'd take in the later rounds. He needs to bulk up a bit but he's a tough, smart, and dedicated guy.
Ya he needs to add a good 10-12 lbs of muscle. But hes only 205-210 anyway so that would just put him at optimum playing weight anyway for a QB his size.

SpeedRush99 said:

see, that's what makes me nervous...last listing i saw for him, he's at 204 lbs. at that weight, he'd get murdered. but, he'd probably be able to pack on 15 pounds by the time he'd be required to start. otherwise, it could be ugly.

cowtowndick said:
see, that's what makes me nervous...last listing i saw for him, he's at 204 lbs. at that weight, he'd get murdered. but, he'd probably be able to pack on 15 pounds by the time he'd be required to start. otherwise, it could be ugly.
Ehh, Plummer played at 199 for his first 3-4 years in the league and until this year those were his best seasons. Youre probably right on that one though

Boik14 said:
Ehh, Plummer played at 199 for his first 3-4 years in the league and until this year those were his best seasons. Youre probably right on that one though

i know i sound like a bit of a donkey the way i've been slamming this guy, but he's had torn acl's in both knees and that weight...but if he's a 'Fin, i'm all for him.

Boik14 said:
I like it except for Jimmy Williams (not a fan, projects as more of a FS). But I wont dwell on 1 pick. Id take it in a heartbeat cause there's a ton of talent.

A guy with 4.4 speed projects as a safety? Why? He can backpedal and cover just fine so why..

Jaj said:
A guy with 4.4 speed projects as a safety? Why? He can backpedal and cover just fine so why..
The problem I have with him is that he's a bit of a tweener and I hate using our top pick on a player like that.If Nick knows where he's gonna play him then fine but to use the 16th pick in the draft for a guy that you don't know what his best position is makes me very nervous and Saban has talked about not wanting to make a mistake with his top pick....I have the same problem with Huff tho I think I like Huff better....In the end I'd rather have Greenway over both of them.

Ozzy rules!!

When has Philadelphia ever traded away draft picks?

Philly's FO is one of the best in the league come draft time. They would never trade us their 2nd and 3rd for Booker and RW. They JUST signed Westbrook to an extension and they love Moats as their change of pace back. They need to sign a FA RB to be a bigger power back or else they can just draft one.

Also, with the amount of FA WRs on the market, why would they TRADE FOR BOOKER?!?

That is a GREAT mock, for us. However its completely unrealistic and definately Madden worthy. Take off your homer glasses.

Back
Top Bottom