IMHO The reason Ireland won out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMHO The reason Ireland won out

tonyz

Rookie
Reaction score
I think Ireland has already presented Ross a plan to get the Franchise QB this offseason and he is onboard with whatever Ireland plans to do. Ross probably doesn't want somebody like Fischer throwing a wrench into those plans with his final say power. Coaches coach and GMs evaluate and acquire talent...just my 2 cents. Opinions?

It will show on draft day. We will either have a decisive trade to
Get the man and have solid supporting picks there after. Or we will go into it a lot like I feel our last drafts went. "ugh. Well guy number 1,2,3,4,5,6 we wanted are off the board. Panic button! Trade up to get that 7th guy we wanted. "

I think Ireland's contract is the reason he won out. Ross would have to buy his current contract out to have him give up final say.

I think Ireland's contract is the reason he won out. Ross would have to buy his current contract out to have him give up final say.[/QUOTE

I don't think money is an issue with Ross. He said his number one priority this offseason is getting a franchise QB and I think he will go all out to achive that, even if it means not getting your top choice for coach.

Ireland pitched Ross his master plan to win the SB on the strength of ELITE LINE PLAY!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think something that is being overlooked, Carl Peterson's influence. IMHO, Peterson advised Ross you want to seperater the powers of coach and the FO. Being a front office guy, I would assume that would be his preference. He also knows Ireland for a long time and thinks highly of him. Further, Ireland could easily point out of his differences with Tunaon players and very possibly could have pointed out that though he liked Sparano, it wouldn't have been his first choice as coach.

Back
Top Bottom