Important to lose | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Important to lose

Frankly, I want Jalen Hurts this year. Kid has exactly the leadership mentality I want for this team. I want a kid who has been through the fire and knows how to handle himself in adversity.

The career path he has had to endure to remain on top is definitely one that inspires men to follow.
Hurts is an excellent college QB but I just don’t see him having success in the NFL.He doesn’t have that good of an arm and he tends to take off running if his first option is covered. That is okay if you are playing for Alabama or Oklahoma but not as a QB in the NFL.

I would have no problem if they take a flyer on Hurts in the 5th or 6th round but I would hate to see them waste a draft pick on him in the first 4 rounds.

If they can’t draft Burrow which seems highly unlikely at this time, I am all for them drafting to improve their defense and the OL. They spent a second round draft pick on Rosen and he is suppose to be learning behind Fitzpatrick this year.
Next season should be used to see if Rosen can become the long term starter and with all the draft picks and the money available in free agency, Rosen should have a much better team around him than he has had in his two years in the league.

If Rosen doesn’t show significant improvement next year, do what is necessary to trade up and draft a top QB in the 2021 draft.

We're going to go crazy about the draft when we don't even know where we're drafting at yet. I wanted the top pick but not because of Tua but rather so that we could have the top pick in each of the first 3 rounds......lots of trade down potential with the top pick in round 2 and 3 but I just can't see it happening at this point and that's fine. Regardless of where we pick, it'll be about using those picks the smart way.

I still think Tua will go in the top 10, the injury just made it more likely we have a shot at him if we finish with 3 wins. I don't think teams will want to take on that risk unless they are really desperate. But if we win 5 games I think we still miss out on Tua.

During each week I hope for the opponent to play their best game of the year and beat the Phins by 1 point in a very competitive game. It would go a long way to get a top QB without giving up picks (I'm very worried the Phins would otherwise trade up, which would be short sighted with such a good overall class imo). But while watching I can't help but be happy when the Phins are winning.

We're going to go crazy about the draft when we don't even know where we're drafting at yet. I wanted the top pick but not because of Tua but rather so that we could have the top pick in each of the first 3 rounds......lots of trade down potential with the top pick in round 2 and 3 but I just can't see it happening at this point and that's fine. Regardless of where we pick, it'll be about using those picks the smart way.
That's a valid theory, but I'm not convinced a couple spots make a huge difference after rd1.

Not every team has players rated the same, and have different needs. If BPA scores are very close on several players, the team is going to default to need.

Yes, tradedown opportunities are possible, but if it's only a matter of a couple spots, we aren't the only game in town, and it becomes a matter of who will accept the least compensation.

One thing I do trust Grier with, though, is not getting screwed on trading picks.

Burrow is the top guy IMO. herbert and fromm might make good qbs, but not Manning or Brady good.

If we want Burrow, we need tank. If we want fromm or herbert, we can get either with top 10 pick i think.

Or wait till next year for Lawrence
Next year we will win too many games to get the best QB.

Just saying...Mathematically nothing is set in stone yet. Miami could revert to the tanking team just as quickly as they decided to win a couple and equally the Bungles could start a streak of their own at this point. Nostradamus died long ago and without his input Id say its all still up in the air.
Go Bengals

Believe it or not my bros, we can get the 6th seed by winning out and a lil luck our way

Believe it or not my bros, we can get the 6th seed by winning out and a lil luck our way
And in other news, the possibility that Yellowstone erupts during the Dolphin game, can not be ruled out.

I still think Tua will go in the top 10, the injury just made it more likely we have a shot at him if we finish with 3 wins. I don't think teams will want to take on that risk unless they are really desperate. But if we win 5 games I think we still miss out on Tua.

If he is cleared to play football in 2021, I would have no problem with the Dolphins selecting Tua with one of the draft picks in the first round they received from the Steelers or Texans. I just don’t see how you spend a possible top 5 pick on a player with the injury history of Tua.

I doubt he will play football next year and the Dolphins need to use their first pick to select a player who can come in and be an instant starter.

Miami will likely beat the Bengals and will probably win another game or two before the season is over. With 4 or 5 wins the Dolphins are not going to have the top pick and they might not even have a top five pick.

Lucky us!

Back
Top Bottom