In case you missed it! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In case you missed it!

Kolbiss said:
Lenny P on Feeley!!

Former Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, who now holds the same job in Miami, announced this week the Dolphins will go to training camp with the starting quarterback job still undecided. Maybe. But if last weekend's mini-camp was any indication, Gus Frerotte has a clear-cut advantage over the scattershot A.J. Feeley. The much-traveled Frerotte, who played in Linehan's offense for two seasons while with the Vikings, is obviously more comfortable. And while he wasn't particularly sharp in the mini-camp sessions we watched, Frerotte doesn't have to be, at least not to hold off Feeley. Fact is, No. 3 quarterback Sage Rosenfels looked better than Feeley, who really had some horrible stretches. You've got to hand it to the Philadelphia Eagles for being able to wrangle a second-round pick out of the Dolphins for Feeley in the spring of 2004. Of all the dubious personnel decisions made by former Miami general manager Rick Spielman – and there were plenty of them – surrendering a second-rounder for Feeley might have been the worst of all. Which probably helps explain why the prefix former precedes Spielman's name.

Ya'll are a bunch of fools arguing this when a point for neither can really be made. Both are complete unknowns when it comes to what they'll actually produce. As far as it goes, Losman has got the bigger upside, mostly due to the fact that he's alot younger than Feeley and ten times more athletic ability. Regardless, it's not as though Losman is a clear cut 1st round QB prodigy .........I mean he was picked in the late stages of the 1st. Then there's Feeley, really, how on earth anyone could start touting off future accolades for this man is beyond me? Why not just take a wait and see appraoch? No knowledgeable football fan could look at these two and distinctly say which one is better or is going to be better............ none of them were heralded coming out of college, none of them had come from football families........there's no indication for either right now..........

You are right on its a stir the hornets nest thread!! Ive had all the feelthepain BS I can handle for the week, so I really dont care what any fan here thinks!!;)

Kolbiss said:
You are right on its a stir the hornets nest thread!! Ive had all the feelthepain BS I can handle for the week, so I really dont care what any fan here thinks!!;)

Likewise.

Dolfan1000 said:
No matter how many bad picks our QBs threw, that one takes the cake.

Not really. Losman threw a horrible pass, but he didn't quit, and lit up the guy who picked him off.

The "cake-taker" was when Feeley drops back, game on the line, against the Bills in the fourth quarter. All game the announcers are talking "he's throw lots of picks for a TD this season"

Bills fans everywhere are hoping Nate or LAwyer or someone can pick him off to stop the drive, and what does AJ (who was your starter, not a rookie with 0 game experience) do?...

throws DIRECTLY to Pat Williams, who then procedes to out run and over power your entire offensive unit with his 300+ lb frame to the Endzone to ice the game.

Get it "ice" like on a cake. :evil:

Losman7 said:
Not really. Losman threw a horrible pass, but he didn't quit, and lit up the guy who picked him off.

The "cake-taker" was when Feeley drops back, game on the line, against the Bills in the fourth quarter. All game the announcers are talking "he's throw lots of picks for a TD this season"

Bills fans everywhere are hoping Nate or LAwyer or someone can pick him off to stop the drive, and what does AJ (who was your starter, not a rookie with 0 game experience) do?...

throws DIRECTLY to Pat Williams, who then procedes to out run and over power your entire offensive unit with his 300+ lb frame to the Endzone to ice the game.

Get it "ice" like on a cake. :evil:

Thought you might bring that one up. In any case, to each his own... IMO when I was watching Losman for that brief period of time, I was watching him very carefully to verify whether I should be concerned with the Bills in the future... NOPE!

:tongue:

Kolbiss said:
Well I am a Bills fan, and I am not the least bit worried about JP. He would have to play worse than Feelys lowest QB rating in all of football 61.7 mark to be worse than Bledsoe. Contrary to all reports on the Miami QB situation, JP has received nothing but praise form EVERY writer local or national.

I love how Lenny says that Gus doesn't look that great but doesn't have to in order to beat Feeley!!!

Wierd Bledsoe had a 76 rating last year. So playing at Feeleys level which is quit possible for a first year QB would seem like a regression to me.

I like those comments by Pasta-belli. He's had some really good articles on the Dolphins of late and it was cool to have him at our camp - especially since he gets way more inside info than our local guys.

That is pretty cold-blooded, though, on both Spielman and Feeley. I just don't see AJ doing much.

Kolbiss said:
If you don't like one poster, why start a thread to smack everyone? Aren't you stooping to his level?

Feelthepain, this wasn't meant as an insult to you. Just making an example.

Feeley will be better than losmon quote me on that one and get back to me after the season the game is played on the field not this message board.

Roman529 said:
If I were a Bills fan I would be more worried about Losman....who is not a big step up from Drew Bledsoe who has been over-the-hill for several years.

I actually think that Losman has a bright future ahead of him, just not in 2005. His lack of experience combined with a below average o-line won't be good. Should be great for the Dolphins defense though:D .

Nublar7 said:
Kolbiss you obviously posted this to get Fin fans to argue with you. No other reason. So, why didn't you just post this in the depths?

I guarantee you a Dolfan would have posted it eventually. And I'll bet a Dolfan will post a new thread on it before long. He may have intended it to be smack, but it's not a smack column. The only thing "smack" about it is the Bills fan posting exclamation points behind it. Exclamation points.....and we're riled up.

And that's dilemma in this thread. It's a completely legitimate quote from Pasquarelli about Miami and Miami only. One that should promote good discussion. And it's turned into a Bills vs. Fins thread (though not as bad as usual).

Seriously guys, who cares what Bills fans think?? Why let them see your feathers ruffled??

If they have something intelligent to say, then respect their opinions. But if they're just smacking, don't respond. Or respond in a well thought out manner. But do not stoop and make things worse.

The problem occurs when Bills fans post something (smack or legit), then Dolphin fans react and turn it into a "Losman sucks, Bills suck" thread. There's more of us than them. So it's our responsibility not to let 1 person get 50 people going. We can mod all we want. But it's you guys that make this thing go. We can't do it without you onboard.

Don't let the tail wag the dog. If you really want the lame posters out, you gotta do your part and make them stick out like sore thumbs. And that means rising above. Make it painfully obvious to all that they don't belong here. Not because of allegiance, but because they don't care about the board. That will make our jobs easier and less subjective.

In this case, the thread will stand. But Kolbiss gets a warning after posting this two weeks ago.

I love football, and next to the Bills, I follow the Dolphins closer than any team(My whole family is Dolphin fans). I am sure you get planty of jackasses that come here just to bash your team, and I am sure that gets annoying(it does on Bills zone to). I assure you I am not here to do that, but I do enjoy comparing the Bills and Dolphins being that they are such a great rivalry! :)

:peace:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1256874&postcount=46

well i hate to rain on everyones parade but my big toe tells me that our pride and joy sage rosenfelds will be our 2nd team qb and my big toe is always right . hell sage may beat out both gus and aj . but then what do know,i had another misphap today and was trampled by a heard of pink kangaroos . man i thought that kangaroos were brown , who would have thought.

Muck said:
I guarantee you a Dolfan would have posted it eventually. And I'll bet a Dolfan will post a new thread on it before long. He may have intended it to be smack, but it's not a smack column. The only thing "smack" about it is the Bills fan posting exclamation points behind it. Exclamation points.....and we're riled up.

And that's dilemma in this thread. It's a completely legitimate quote from Pasquarelli about Miami and Miami only. One that should promote good discussion. And it's turned into a Bills vs. Fins thread (though not as bad as usual).

Seriously guys, who cares what Bills fans think?? Why let them see your feathers ruffled??

If they have something intelligent to say, then respect their opinions. But if they're just smacking, don't respond. Or respond in a well thought out manner. But do not stoop and make things worse.

The problem occurs when Bills fans post something (smack or legit), then Dolphin fans react and turn it into a "Losman sucks, Bills suck" thread. There's more of us than them. So it's our responsibility not to let 1 person get 50 people going. We can mod all we want. But it's you guys that make this thing go. We can't do it without you onboard.

Don't let the tail wag the dog. If you really want the lame posters out, you gotta do your part and make them stick out like sore thumbs. And that means rising above. Make it painfully obvious to all that they don't belong here. Not because of allegiance, but because they don't care about the board. That will make our jobs easier and less subjective.

In this case, the thread will stand. But Kolbiss gets a warning after posting this two weeks ago.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1256874&postcount=46

:cry:

Back
Top Bottom