In Gase We Trust | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Gase We Trust

Coach Gase has a vision for the team that is influenced by Mike Martz. Speed at his skill positions with a QB that places the ball at a exact point on the route. Running backs with speed and pass catching skills. Many on this board have questioned moving on from players that do not fit this vision, but it is clear that he has been consistently moving the team in this direction. My faith that he is the correct coach for us is based upon his vision for the team. Not his play calls, not discipline for the team, not whether we run a 3-4 or a 4-3.

I love Gase and expect him to be here long term but play calling in crucial situations needs improvement. Gore is running well and third and one we throw a pass. Not good.

I agree. But when most of the media predicts we're only going to go 3-13, every win feels that much better.
Nobody cares what the media says. But we need to start scoring some points.

Gase does a good thing and then follows it up with two bad things. He likes to get cute when there is no need to be.

so is it the QB or Gase? I think Ryan would be the first to say that surely wasn’t his best game, at least throwing it, he made some plays with his legs.

I said earlier in the week I expected Gase to call it conservative early and he did, that’s his mo it seems.

I would like to see a few more deeper shots to the WR, assuming the QB is being somewhat protected obviously.

so is it the QB or Gase? I think Ryan would be the first to say that surely wasn’t his best game, at least throwing it, he made some plays with his legs.

I said earlier in the week I expected Gase to call it conservative early and he did, that’s his mo it seems.

I would like to see a few more deeper shots to the WR, assuming the QB is being somewhat protected obviously.
The QB had good protection today overall. The sacks were RT holding the ball and not being decisive.

Is it the QB or is it Gase? Well it’s a conjoined twin really. Gase calls a crappy third and one pass and RT executes a lousy pass to the benches. Is there not another option? It’s like he’s robotically trained to do what is called for even if it’s a failure from Gase.

Gase made some really head scratching calls today but you have to hand it to him on the final clock eating drive. They got it done.

The QB had good protection today overall. The sacks were RT holding the ball and not being decisive.

Is it the QB or is it Gase? Well it’s a conjoined twin really. Gase calls a crappy third and one pass and RT executes a lousy pass to the benches. Is there not another option? It’s like he’s robotically trained to do what is called for even if it’s a failure from Gase.

Gase made some really head scratching calls today but you have to hand it to him on the final clock eating drive. They got it done.

The protection was not good today, no one could objectively say it was. Why was Tannehill holding the ball too long or being indecisive? Well I haven’t seen the all 22 yet but there were 3 defensive holding calls and from what I could see our wrs were blanketed as they typically are. That is the better question: Why can’t Gase scheme players open farther than3 yards? Every other team can, why not us? Finally the 3rd and 1 pass “to the benches” the LG whiffed and the tackle barreled in and hit Tannehill almost immediately. Not making an excuse, just helping you understand what really happened on that play. Still that should’ve been a run, Gase got cute and failed there.

lol....Miami goes 0-2 to start season ("Why can't Miami just win a game?), Miami goes 1-1 to start season ("Why can't Miami ever come out of the gates well? ) , Miami goes 2-0 to start season, and takes sole position of 1st place in East (" Why can't Tannehill complete more then 70% of his passes, throw for more then 2 TDs in a game, or Gase actually call a good game?).

Some fans just can't sit back and enjoy success,

lol....Miami goes 0-2 to start season ("Why can't Miami just win a game?), Miami goes 1-1 to start season ("Why can't Miami ever come out of the gates well? ) , Miami goes 2-0 to start season, and takes sole position of 1st place in East (" Why can't Tannehill complete more then 70% of his passes, throw for more then 2 TDs in a game, or Gase actually call a good game?).

Some fans just can't sit back and enjoy success,

Until we win the Super Bowl, this place will continue to be.. Nevrmind

We've literally thrown it 50% of the time. The 1 3rd and one we didn't convert should of been a run. But you can't say we needed to throw it more

No matter how you cut it, that was some bonehead play calling in the fourth. 3rd and 1, running clock, you give Gore the ball. Also that wide lateral crap is asking for trouble in that situation. All you do is risk loosing the down/distance advantage.

True! That 3rd and 1 should have never been a pass!

We've been horrible running on 3rd & short, I don't blame him for going pass.

I absolutely trust Gase, it’s TH that worries me.

Why you gotta bring Tom Hanks into this?

Back
Top Bottom