In Good Hands With Fasano | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Good Hands With Fasano

I will agree that last year was not Fasano's best. His blocking and yards per catch were down. However, I look at what he has done since he got here, and it has been as rock solid as any player we have had. He has been through three OC's, four QBs, and has done nothing but good for our team.

Some keep bringing up his speed, which is fair but, no one is showing me the speed demons having a better yards per catch and/or TD's than he had in 2010 and 11. The reason is simple, they are few.

Anyone recall 2008? That was when I thought Fasano was at his best. We had David Martin as a second TE. Fasano averaged 13.4 yards per catch with 7 TD's, and Martin was 14.5 with 3 TD's. They combined for just under 1,000 yards with Penny. I wonder IF that was where Mr Bill got the idea of two TE's causing damage. :)

That would be my ideal situation for Fasano.

I will agree that last year was not Fasano's best. His blocking and yards per catch were down. However, I look at what he has done since he got here, and it has been as rock solid as any player we have had. He has been through three OC's, four QBs, and has done nothing but good for our team.

Some keep bringing up his speed, which is fair but, no one is showing me the speed demons having a better yards per catch and/or TD's than he had in 2010 and 11. The reason is simple, they are few.

Anyone recall 2008? That was when I thought Fasano was at his best. We had David Martin as a second TE. Fasano averaged 13.4 yards per catch with 7 TD's, and Martin was 14.5 with 3 TD's. They combined for just under 1,000 yards with Penny. I wonder IF that was where Mr Bill got the idea of two TE's causing damage. :)

That would be my ideal situation for Fasano.

In 2008 he went 3 games with no catches.
And 3 games w/ 1 catch.

He is consistent. He disappears weeks at a time. Give me someone who is a consistent weapon for Tannehill. BB went and got younger faster weapons, something MIA should do themselves.

Even during his career year this year...he disappeared. Eventually you people will understand Fasano is who he is. A mediocre slow consistently disappearing TE in the NFL. He belongs in a Mike Martz offense.

In 2008 he went 3 games with no catches.
And 3 games w/ 1 catch.

He is consistent. He disappears weeks at a time. Give me someone who is a consistent weapon for Tannehill. BB went and got younger faster weapons, something MIA should do themselves.

Even during his career year this year...he disappeared. Eventually you people will understand Fasano is who he is. A mediocre slow consistently disappearing TE in the NFL. He belongs in a Mike Martz offense.

OK, I believe you to be DEAD WRONG. So, give me better options this year in place of your criticism. FWIW, Sherman, Philbin, and Ireland seem to disagree with you but, what the hell do they know? :)

Brother it is best to let it go with him and save your energy.

I DO appreciate your advice John but, have lots of energy, and enjoy proving some wrong when they are. On occasion, I do this in place of arguing with the wife, which I NEVER WIN, to debating "a few" posters who are wrong, which I almost always win. LOL

Is Fasano a decent TE, yes. Is he a true threat that teams have to account for? No. I think he's a good reliable TE that can somewhat block and catch a pass when needed. I think if we truly want to be a threat on offense, we need a TE that can get open and do damage after catching the pass, not just catch a 5-yard pass and get hammered by three linebackers. Nearly all the successful teams have some threat at the TE position and I wouldn't use Fasano and the word "threat" in the same sentence.

I love this part....Who is that guy?

I put up the others numbers because what you should see is that Jared Cook had a good year last year, not so great this year. What happened?

2008 was Fasano's best year. What happened that year?

Anybody seeing something in common?

Fact is, the league picks up what you do and how you beat them and then they dont let you do that to them again. Mr. Studboy Qb became a bit of a dud this year. Teams figure you out. TE's are not glamour positions and they are crossbreads. They block and go out for passes. They are not generally designed for speed. They are bigger guys who move the chains and throw a defense off with mulitple formations and pretending your blocking when your not. They are like a Knight in chess. Sneaky bastards who find the seam. Tony Gonzalez was not fast. He was huge and athletic and could jump ball all day long. He could also block.

Where was Dustin Keller this year? Wasnt he injured half the time? Seems to me he is ordinary at the end of the day. And not all that great a blocker.

OK, I believe you to be DEAD WRONG. So, give me better options this year in place of your criticism. FWIW, Sherman, Philbin, and Ireland seem to disagree with you but, what the hell do they know? :)

Ireland has been quoted as saying for 2 years, that the TE position needs to be upgraded.

As for Fin Fan In Cali, he tried to say it took Sherman until late in the year to utilize the TE. When I pointed out that over half of the Fasano's receptions were in the first 6 or so weeks, he had to goto ridicule. What a waste. Once you shoot down someone's theory, they have nothing left but ridicule.

And my want for a new TE started in 08. This year, with the glut of TE's on the market, I want Keller/Cook and draft Eifert. Give this young QB a solid consistent TE to rely on. Something Fasano isn't. He's consistently gone weeks at a time. No where to be found. He goes out on a route, and DEs can stay with him. When you have a career year of 41 receptions, that isn't a good thing. I want a TE who can bail out his QB. I want a TE who can put the LB and Safety on their heels. I want a TE that teams respect. When you get one of those, it opens up the WHOLE offense.

I put up the others numbers because what you should see is that Jared Cook had a good year last year, not so great this year. What happened?

2008 was Fasano's best year. What happened that year?

Anybody seeing something in common?

Fact is, the league picks up what you do and how you beat them and then they dont let you do that to them again. Mr. Studboy Qb became a bit of a dud this year. Teams figure you out. TE's are not glamour positions and they are crossbreads. They block and go out for passes. They are not generally designed for speed. They are bigger guys who move the chains and throw a defense off with mulitple formations and pretending your blocking when your not. They are like a Knight in chess. Sneaky bastards who find the seam. Tony Gonzalez was not fast. He was huge and athletic and could jump ball all day long. He could also block.

Where was Dustin Keller this year? Wasnt he injured half the time? Seems to me he is ordinary at the end of the day. And not all that great a blocker.

Watching him blow by LB's trying to cover him, says he had more than enough speed to get the job done. To make a point, you try to down play a future HOF player. At his age, today, he is still a mismatch to LB's and Safety's. Is Fasano?

Ireland has been quoted as saying for 2 years, that the TE position needs to be upgraded.

As for Fin Fan In Cali, he tried to say it took Sherman until late in the year to utilize the TE. When I pointed out that over half of the Fasano's receptions were in the first 6 or so weeks, he had to goto ridicule. What a waste. Once you shoot down someone's theory, they have nothing left but ridicule.

And my want for a new TE started in 08. This year, with the glut of TE's on the market, I want Keller/Cook and draft Eifert. Give this young QB a solid consistent TE to rely on. Something Fasano isn't. He's consistently gone weeks at a time. No where to be found. He goes out on a route, and DEs can stay with him. When you have a career year of 41 receptions, that isn't a good thing. I want a TE who can bail out his QB. I want a TE who can put the LB and Safety on their heels. I want a TE that teams respect. When you get one of those, it opens up the WHOLE offense.
When you are done giving me negative feedback and want to talk about the team and aren't hung up with all your negativity for Fasano let me know.

I actually agree with you, to a degree. We DO need a 2nd TE to stretch the field but, that does not take away from what Fasano has done for the team. I have to question the number of targets he has gotten. He may be covered by a DE but, when you throw him the ball, he catches it no matter who is in coverage. 41 for 41 is impressive, and has been about the same since he got here.

From what I recall last year, he was a blocker who became a safety valve much more than in the past, and his yards per catch suffered. Someone does not go from 13 yards a catch over 4 years to 8 for no reason.

I would ask that you open your mind a bit here, all things considered, to realize that Fasano is a VG value to our team, not only to block but, when we throw him the frackin ball.

I think Fasano is a very solid #2 TE. He does everything well, except for running. His is above average blocker, doesnt make many mistakes, and is a great teammate from what we hear - but he just cant get open like some of the faster more athletic TEs. He just isnt fast enough. We definitely need more speed at that position imo.

One other thing to consider, said by Philbin on his local TV show, is that Fasano confuses the D. In most situations, D's can look at the TE's on the field and adjust to a pass or run. With Fasano they do not know, because he is one of a few TE's who can do both which is a big benefit to our O.

This was from Philbin, not me, and makes a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom