In Good Hands With Fasano | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Good Hands With Fasano

I dont think anybody would confuse Fasano with a seam stretcher,but for the better part of four years he has saved our crappy right tackles ass, and our qbs health! He is a move the chains,bail out the qb,keep the drive alive t.e. If Miami can get a seam stretcher I think Fasano would be the best no. 2 in the league and provide security for R.T. the oline and be a team leader

coaches like him. so do I. end of story. there must be a smarter reason than stats to this game we call football.

Get another one to take the heat off and watch the offense go. He has been consistent in his abilities although not ever tops. This is a team sport. Not fanstasy league here.

Fasano is a very good TE. I would love to see us resign him and pair him with a seam busting rookie like you have in your draft (I'd crap my pants if our draft went the way you have it going BTW). Guys like him, Hartline, Bush.... these guys are what keep me watching this team even through the tough times recently because they just show up and work hard and do their jobs. They are consummate professionals. They are the example you want to show the young guys that come in. If we could get a few more players to make this offense a little more explosive, these guys would be putting up crazy numbers. It's a team game. They may not be "game changers" but they are very good players.

The hate for Fasano on this board and in the fanbase in general shocks the hell out of me from season to season. Is Fasano a fast seam TE, no but he damn sure is a very good all around TE and someone who makes your team better not worse.

If Egnew wasn't such a dip**** this team should have had a TE duo that rivaled the best of them but apparently Egnew is a *****.

Is Fasano a decent TE, yes. Is he a true threat that teams have to account for? No. I think he's a good reliable TE that can somewhat block and catch a pass when needed. I think if we truly want to be a threat on offense, we need a TE that can get open and do damage after catching the pass, not just catch a 5-yard pass and get hammered by three linebackers. Nearly all the successful teams have some threat at the TE position and I wouldn't use Fasano and the word "threat" in the same sentence.

A speed receiver would force safety help and for the most part force LB not safety coverage on Fasano. It is the domino effect, we have no receiver that can't be covered 1 on 1 by the DB'[s allowing the safety to cover the TE after a LB chucks him at the line. Fasano is not going to scare a DC but can be very functional IF you have someone to "take the lid" off the D.

That is excellent no doubt, but Ive watched him play and he is not a great pass catching TE. He is a solid all round TE. Id love to keep him as our #2 and get another guy to work the seams.

imo Fasano had to do a whole lot of blocking on the OL instead of getting out into coverage , BUT when he did get his chance , and was called upon he delivered , i think Fasano will do alot better if the OL , or when the OL steps up and can play one on one and dont have to have TE help at blocking , imo once we get some Big Decent WRs to open the field up, Fasano will show that he is above avg TE , and wil imo be a top 10 TE . but it wouldnt hurt at all to bring in another pass catching TE , when we go 2 TE wide.

A speed receiver would force safety help and for the most part force LB not safety coverage on Fasano. It is the domino effect, we have no receiver that can't be covered 1 on 1 by the DB'[s allowing the safety to cover the TE after a LB chucks him at the line. Fasano is not going to scare a DC but can be very functional IF you have someone to "take the lid" off the D.

This ^^

Fasano is either wide open or out of the picture. That's not good when you are supposed to be a safety valve for a young quarterback. He is the epitome of a "Jack of all trades" - Serviceable at all, but great at nothing.

True, he may just be good, but not great, but I do think he is worth keeping and a valuable piece of our puzzle.
Upgrading some of our other needs on offensive should only help his productivity, as well.

You would have thought the Dolphins would have thrown more to him in the endzone.. considering he was catching everything his way. Always next year.

The love for such a mediocre weapon is mind numbing. The guy disappears games at a time. That is a fact. He did it again this year. He had over half of his receptions in the first several weeks. Then where did he go? He avg 1 RECEPTION a game for 6 weeks. In 2 of those games, he caught his first pass in 4th qtr.

Then you have someone saying you need a deep threat. Well that scenario works both ways. If MIA had a legit TE, that Safety wouldn't be able to sit on Hartline. Fasano's big catches, would be normal catches with a faster TE, because that TE wouldn't locked up with a LB. This past week, we all seen what a real TE does for his QB and offense as a whole. Fasano, isn't that type of weapon. Never has been never will be.

People say MIA has bigger needs. Yet, teams like ATL and BALT went and drafted/aquired TE's that bust the seam and cause mismatches. Only in MIA can a corn fed recieving lineman get so much love.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

You would have thought the Dolphins would have thrown more to him in the endzone.. considering he was catching everything his way. Always next year.

Coverage and playing against good LBs will make a mediocre TE disappear.

Back
Top Bottom