In my opinion Bills WILL sit starters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In my opinion Bills WILL sit starters

If anyone believes for one second the Bills will try and win next week against us and play the Ravens in the first round is crazy. No way in hell they try to win that game. Nobody wants to play the Ravens not even the Chiefs. I guarantee they sit their starters and let us walk right into the first round... where we will proceed to play then again. I’m sure they’ll rather a matchup against us then against the Ravens
I said that too. No way in world they want play ravens...

It's all about extending their home field advantage. They will play to secure home field. I don't think you can go into the playoffs with a mindset that you are afraid to play certain teams.
Jeez, what's the point in competing for a Super Bowl if you are afraid to play good teams on the way? Might as well just forfeit if you don't think you can beat someone, and would rather lose a game instead of facing an up and down Ravens team.
I guarantee you that Bills team is not going to tank a game so they can get out of playing ANYONE. That team is good and has confidence. They want the 2 seed so they are guaranteed 2 home playoff games, considering they win their first game.

who? the chiefs have already clinched the bye. remember there is only one team with a bye now

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES — The Chiefs can clinch the No. 1 seed in the AFC and a first-round bye with a win. They also clinch if Pittsburgh loses or ties, Buffalo loses, or if they clinch the strength-of-victory tiebreaker over one of those teams and tie the other. The Chiefs already have clinched their fifth straight AFC West title.

If we win Monday and Colts and Packers help us today. You likely will see starters maybe for a bit (think Preseason type bit). But either way if you win against us week 17. And are 7 seed. If I was the coach I would keep them in Buffalo for the week and practice all week in the weather

who? the chiefs have already clinched the bye. remember there is only one team with a bye now
"Technically" (lol) if the Steelers and Bills win out and KC loses out - bringing all three to 13-3 - there are still some possibilities due to the three-way tiebreaker where the Bills could be the #1 seed. However, let's be realistic here and say it comes down to whether or not they care about the second seed and having home field for the first two games (assuming they win the first one....)
If they lock the 2 Seed they likely will end up sitting starters. However if they do not lock in 2 seed the starters will play.
...which brings us to this. Do they want the #2 seed? Benefit is they play at home - again if they win the first game - and are assured they don't have to play KC until an AFC Championship matchup.

However, that also means they might play a more difficult first round game oddly enough.

My guess is they don't want to travel to Cleveland or Pittsburgh (unlikely at this point) or Tennessee in the second round. Neither are conducive to the Bills' air attack and they haven't shown an ability to run the ball all game.
Unfortunately for the Dolphins, unless it's locked up after week 16, I think the Bills play to win in week 17.
I only say "unfortunately" because it makes the Dolphins chance a winning more difficult playing against not only starters, but game-planning. If the Bills don't need to win, not only will they rest some starters, but they'll play vanilla to keep down opponent game film.

"Technically" (lol) if the Steelers and Bills win out and KC loses out - bringing all three to 13-3 - there are still some possibilities due to the three-way tiebreaker where the Bills could be the #1 seed. However, let's be realistic here and say it comes down to whether or not they care about the second seed and having home field for the first two games (assuming they win the first one....)

...which brings us to this. Do they want the #2 seed? Benefit is they play at home - again if they win the first game - and are assured they don't have to play KC until an AFC Championship matchup.

However, that also means they might play a more difficult first round game oddly enough.

My guess is they don't want to travel to Cleveland or Pittsburgh (unlikely at this point) or Tennessee in the second round. Neither are conducive to the Bills' air attack and they haven't shown an ability to run the ball all game.
Unfortunately for the Dolphins, unless it's locked up after week 16, I think the Bills play to win in week 17.
I only say "unfortunately" because it makes the Dolphins chance a winning more difficult playing against not only starters, but game-planning. If the Bills don't need to win, not only will they rest some starters, but they'll play vanilla to keep down opponent game film.
With NYG essentially approving fans in stands for playoffs something the players and coaches have been lobbying for since NFL started allowing fans in Stadiums. That will not be lost on the team to give the fans two maybe three home playoffs if the chiefs drop their first game in playoffs. They will play for that it they have to in week 17. If they don’t have to play for it I think the starters see a QTR.

Im lost and hope someone can explain this to me because I don't get how some are saying Miami could take AFC east in bills game. The bills are 11-3 Miami 10-5. Bills has 2 games left and Miami only has bills game left. Bills will win against injury crushed Pats, hence 12-3. Then even if Miami beats bills they would only improve to 11-5 and bills would finish 12-4. Say bills lost both last games and still would be tied 11-5 and they already beat Miami so bills would win that tie breaker. So what am I missing? Then on top of that......you gotta look at all the other teams that could finish 11-5 with Miami that could knock them down.

Im lost and hope someone can explain this to me because I don't get how some are saying Miami could take AFC east in bills game. The bills are 11-3 Miami 10-5. Bills has 2 games left and Miami only has bills game left. Bills will win against injury crushed Pats, hence 12-3. Then even if Miami beats bills they would only improve to 11-5 and bills would finish 12-4. Say bills lost both last games and still would be tied 11-5 and they already beat Miami so bills would win that tie breaker. So what am I missing? Then on top of that......you gotta look at all the other teams that could finish 11-5 with Miami that could knock them down.
They can't

Buffalo clinched the East last week

Sorry fellas, unless Fitz is in there next week this season’s a wrap.

If the Bills lose out and we win next week, while we would both be 11-5 and both be 4-2 in the division, Barfallo would win the "common opponents" tiebreaker.

Even if we dont win the division, I'd be thrilled if we send them into the playoffs in a tailspin.

It's all about extending their home field advantage. They will play to secure home field. I don't think you can go into the playoffs with a mindset that you are afraid to play certain teams.
Jeez, what's the point in competing for a Super Bowl if you are afraid to play good teams on the way? Might as well just forfeit if you don't think you can beat someone, and would rather lose a game instead of facing an up and down Ravens team.
I guarantee you that Bills team is not going to tank a game so they can get out of playing ANYONE. That team is good and has confidence. They want the 2 seed so they are guaranteed 2 home playoff games, considering they win their first game.
How would they not secure home field advantage if they win to pats and say lost to miami. Bills will still be a win ahead of Miami no matter if starters play or not. Miami can only advance to 11-5

Back
Top Bottom