In regards to PI | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In regards to PI

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Watching the Bucs/Saints game, there's already been three DPIs that I've seen, not a single one obvious and not anything close to what happened on every single contested pass we had all game long. Refs are gonna consistently give legendary QB's the benefit of the doubt and call ticky tack penalties for their benefit. Refs are gonna give frontline teams the benefit of the doubt on defense and only make the calls when they have.

There were so many reasons why we lost this football game today. Much of that had nothing to do with the refs. But it was really, really hard for our offense to play when there is no consequence for the defense to maul our receivers every single play with no recourse. Especially when you don't get the same benefit on the other side because the NFL doesn't have ulterior motives in making sure your star players and star defenses continue to get their share.

Watching the Bucs/Saints game, there's already been three DPIs that I've seen, not a single one obvious and not anything close to what happened on every single contested pass we had all game long. Refs are gonna consistently give legendary QB's the benefit of the doubt and call ticky tack penalties for their benefit. Refs are gonna give frontline teams the benefit of the doubt on defense and only make the calls when they have.

There were so many reasons why we lost this football game today. Much of that had nothing to do with the refs. But it was really, really hard for our offense to play when there is no consequence for the defense to maul our receivers every single play with no recourse. Especially when you don't get the same benefit on the other side because the NFL doesn't have ulterior motives in making sure your star players and star defenses continue to get their share.

Yep! That's what makes it so fustrating. I'm watching certain calls around the league and it's blatant we were robbed. Some are saying it didn't matter...Ofcourse calls and no calls matter. Those things literally have the power to change outcomes of games.

Fortunately, not every game is in NE and with that crew.

Refs ruin sports. Same with the NBA. Refs in general control games and just make watching sports not fun way too often. Yeah we need refs but the leagues let them have way too much power and control.

What makes me most mad about the PI issues today is that after all we've been through this year we should have another few minutes of entertaining football. Our excitement ended suddenly because of an egregious non-call which allowed the Pats to end the game early when at minimum we should have had a FG attempt and then seen if our defense inexplicably could have stopped and given our offense another shot. To see the game end like that...disgusting.

There were some really bad no calls this game, and that roughing the passer was a joke. Cannot blame it solely on the refs this game, lots of other wrinkles Flores and staff need to iron out among their players.

Tbh I'm done with the NFL. Cancelling my cable TV because the only thing I ever watched was football, and it's just not worth it anymore. Not even angry nowadays. Just apathetic. Maybe I'll check the highlights on youtube, but it's sad that I've got Dolphins decorations all over my room and car and yet I have no desire to even watch a game. It's just a habit at this point, and doesn't even bring me any joy. Goodell and the refs have sucked the fun out of the game, maybe one day they'll fix it and I'll come back, idk, but somehow I doubt it. Good luck fellow fins fans.

There were some really bad no calls this game, and that roughing the passer was a joke. Cannot blame it solely on the refs this game, lots of other wrinkles Flores and staff need to iron out among their players.

Not solely on the refs, but a large portion can be attributed to them with those calls/non-calls...especially the non interference one.

A TD there would have been followed by an onside kick. Who knows what would have happened, but the opportunity for it to happen should have been on the table.

Tbh I'm done with the NFL. Cancelling my cable TV because the only thing I ever watched was football, and it's just not worth it anymore. Not even angry nowadays. Just apathetic. Maybe I'll check the highlights on youtube, but it's sad that I've got Dolphins decorations all over my room and car and yet I have no desire to even watch a game. It's just a habit at this point, and doesn't even bring me any joy. Goodell and the refs have sucked the fun out of the game, maybe one day they'll fix it and I'll come back, idk, but somehow I doubt it. Good luck fellow fins fans.

So your done with Finheaven too right?

New England got away with a few PI calls for sure. I think Flores might have talked to the refs after half time because suddenly Miami got a few PI calls. New England outplayed Miami, but the Pats did get the majority of the calls going their way.

On any play anything can happen, right? Oh and all scoring plays get reviewed? By everyone at Ref HQ's.

Cam got stopped for a TD run by Baker, Tony Romo called it out, and mentioned how bad this was and referenced the blown Saints playoff call.

The league gave "this moments' star" Cam and kinky bleeping Robert Kraft a free TD! Disgusting! Any given play! Anything couldve happened next play to stop TD.

Saints ended up getting a fourth defensive PI call on them on a call with nothing more than the receiver and corner hand fighting.

If they call the PI, the ball is on the one and we likely score. Also likely don't get the ball back, but that's neither here nor there. Simply put I don't know how in real time a ref could have looked at the play and thought it was anything but PI.

Preseason ain’t just for players, the refs need reps too. Having said that, it is BS when the moneymakers get calls that 3rd string wouldn’t

They all look like penalties
our receivers stink. They cant get any seperation at all.
On any play anything can happen, right? Oh and all scoring plays get reviewed? By everyone at Ref HQ's.

Cam got stopped for a TD run by Baker, Tony Romo called it out, and mentioned how bad this was and referenced the blown Saints playoff call.

The league gave "this moments' star" Cam and kinky bleeping Robert Kraft a free TD! Disgusting! Any given play! Anything couldve happened next play to stop TD.

That Cam TD was the best thing that could have happened all things considered. I don't see how it would have helped us in any way for the Pats to have the ball two inches back and get to run more off the clock before we stopped them.

Saints ended up getting a fourth defensive PI call on them on a call with nothing more than the receiver and corner hand fighting.

If they call the PI, the ball is on the one and we likely score. Also likely don't get the ball back, but that's neither here nor there. Simply put I don't know how in real time a ref could have looked at the play and thought it was anything but PI.

We had timeouts left so we had a fair enough chance of getting the ball back.

Back
Top Bottom