In The Upcoming Draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In The Upcoming Draft...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...should we move up the draft with our picks (if possible), or do we keep our picks in their respective positions?

I say that we do not move up, and we keep our picks at their current positions. You?

2021-NFL-Draft-no-location.png

Probably a little too early to discuss strategy when we aren't sure where we're drafting or who is ahead/behind us.

I think its fair to say that we no longer need as many rookies to make the team next year that we did this year. I would prefer to see us hit on a receiver and running back. If that means moving up a bit or even back so be it.

If our first pick is at 4 or 5 I would hope to trade down.

I could see drafting Parsons with that Houston pick and then trading back up for Chase, Smith or Waddle.

Can't really talk about Draft strategy until we see the board and the Draft order.

I am always up for a good trade down to add more picks, but one of the reasons to add more picks is to have flexibility in the Draft. The flexibility to move UP if need be.

IF the Fins need to move up from their own 1st rounder (to ensure getting one of the top WR's for example) I would be OK with them using a pick to make that happen.They have fewer obvious holes on the roster now and could afford to aim for quality over quantity.

I am also fine with them sitting still and drafting 4 quality players in Rounds 1-2.

When we know where we are picking and what the board looks like, and what we did in FA then we can argue about moving up or down and for who and what.

Can't really talk about Draft strategy until we see the board and the Draft order.

I am always up for a good trade down to add more picks, but one of the reasons to add more picks is to have flexibility in the Draft. The flexibility to move UP if need be.

IF the Fins need to move up from their own 1st rounder (to ensure getting one of the top WR's for example) I would be OK with them using a pick to make that happen.They have fewer obvious holes on the roster now and could afford to aim for quality over quantity.

I am also fine with them sitting still and drafting 4 quality players in Rounds 1-2.

When we know where we are picking and what the board looks like, and what we did in FA then we can argue about moving up or down and for who and what.
Agree there are fewer needs. Miami can certainly move up and down to get the players they want. Which is a good situation to be in.

I think the biggest needs are wide receiver and linebacker. But maybe RT and perhaps a dominant NT/DT type.

Running back could be a free agent. We'll have to see how that plays out.

I agree about a NT type and think they should be able to address that in R 3 or later, there looks to be some good value at that position in that area.

I am all for adding another quality OT to really solidify a strong OL.

A game breaker at WR is an obvious need as is a quality RB.I would take another shot at a FA RB and then Draft one outside the 1st 2 rounds.

The LB corps could use a real talent and Parsons would fit the bill, but if they can't get him I would be in favor of waiting to fill that need later in the Draft.Parsons would be an impact addition, a guy who would soon be the heart of the Defense, otherwise the LB group has guys who would be upgrades but not transformative players like Parsons.There are some good LB's but no on I would want to use a 1st rounder on besides Parsons, who I think is the best LB prospect in some time.

I agree about a NT type and think they should be able to address that in R 3 or later, there looks to be some good value at that position in that area.

I am all for adding another quality OT to really solidify a strong OL.

A game breaker at WR is an obvious need as is a quality RB.I would take another shot at a FA RB and then Draft one outside the 1st 2 rounds.

The LB corps could use a real talent and Parsons would fit the bill, but if they can't get him I would be in favor of waiting to fill that need later in the Draft.Parsons would be an impact addition, a guy who would soon be the heart of the Defense, otherwise the LB group has guys who would be upgrades but not transformative players like Parsons.There are some good LB's but no on I would want to use a 1st rounder on besides Parsons, who I think is the best LB prospect in some time.
I agree. I do like Bolton at linebacker, but maybe he's just a step up from Baker. He's not in the neighborhood of Parsons.

I like a couple of running backs in this draft, but would prefer not to spend a first or second round pick on the position. I might change my mind if Harris is there at 2b.

There are some interesting DT's in this draft. Wilson from Florida State has been a bit of a disappointment, but if he drops to round two that's the type of player Miami needs opposite Wilkins.

Davis from Georgia and LSU's Shelvin are run stoppers. Maybe late round two for those guys. I really like the DT from USC, whose name escapes me at the moment. Really good movement for that position. Would consider him at 1b actually, depending on who else is available.

I agree. I do like Bolton at linebacker, but maybe he's just a step up from Baker. He's not in the neighborhood of Parsons.

I like a couple of running backs in this draft, but would prefer not to spend a first or second round pick on the position. I might change my mind if Harris is there at 2b.

There are some interesting DT's in this draft. Wilson from Florida State has been a bit of a disappointment, but if he drops to round two that's the type of player Miami needs opposite Wilkins.

Davis from Georgia and LSU's Shelvin are run stoppers. Maybe late round two for those guys. I really like the DT from USC, whose name escapes me at the moment. Really good movement for that position. Would consider him at 1b actually, depending on who else is available.
Tufalu or something?

Back
Top Bottom