ingel martin (qb) ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ingel martin (qb) ???

albyfinfan

go fins
Reaction score
i think thats how u spell his name, anyways does anyone have any info on this guy. i saw him today in the combine and he threw the ball really good on all the routes they ran. he also looked tall as hell to. antways just wanted to see if anyone had anything on him couse i couldnt find anything

All i know is started out at Florida, didn't get any playing time behind Grossman and possibly Leak too...then he transferred to Furman in Greenville, South Carolina. Played good there, and broke a lot of the QB records even though he only played 2 or 3 years there.

Its Ingle Martin, But that was a good try. He was also a punter for the Florida Gators. He seemed to play really good at times, But was not really great!

dolphinsfan69 said:
All i know is started out at Florida, didn't get any playing time behind Grossman and possibly Leak too...then he transferred to Furman in Greenville, South Carolina. Played good there, and broke a lot of the QB records even though he only played 2 or 3 years there.

Yeah that is correct. He transfered during Leak's freshman year after waiting behind Grossman before that. He started a few games then they made the switch to Leak so Martin transfered.

I was pleased with how he threw the ball, looked very accurate, I didn't see anything about arm strength. a possible late round pick if we get Brees in FA 5th-6th round maybe?

If i am not mistaken i played against him in high school and the guy was a freak he has a nice release and good size, he could be a steal imo.

GRAPEAPE said:
I was pleased with how he threw the ball, looked very accurate, I didn't see anything about arm strength. a possible late round pick if we get Brees in FA 5th-6th round maybe?

we don't have a 5th or 6th rounder (Wright supplemental draft, Lemon trade)

albyfinfan said:
...anyways does anyone have any info on this guy...
Right now, his claim to fame is that he can throw the ball faster than the great Jay Cutler @ 61 mph.

Pocoloco said:
we don't have a 5th or 6th rounder (Wright supplemental draft, Lemon trade)
I was actually asking if people thought he was a 5th or 6th round projection. sorry to be so vague

SpeedRush99 said:
He transfered during Leak's freshman year after waiting behind Grossman before that. He started a few games then they made the switch to Leak so Martin transfered.

He started four games and was involved in that game where the Canes beat the Gators in a second half comeback when the Canes looked out of it and the Gators went to sleep.

He was highly recruited out of HS and he has some skills.He is probably a better pro prospect than Leak but was not as good a college QB as him.

CrunchTime said:
He started four games and was involved in that game where the Canes beat the Gators in a second half comeback when the Canes looked out of it and the Gators went to sleep.

He was highly recruited out of HS and he has some skills.He is probably a better pro prospect than Leak but was not as good a college QB as him.

I agree

Martin, and anothers

SpeedRush99 said:

I live in the mountains of NC, and saw Ingle Martin some. He is a developmental guy obviously but he has the arm size and his AA does not surprise me. Saban wanted him out of HS....I have posted before on these two guys...but watch for non combine guys, Richie Williams of Appalachian State (6-3, 212) and Matt Nordgren of Texas (6-4 1/2, 225). Richie Williams was a 5-10 running QB coming out of HS (now measures around 6-3 1/2), he outdueled Martin a couple times in his career and has all the same tools with better mobility. Led App. State to D1AA championship and has a big arm. Seeing them both Williams has a higher upside IMO. Nordgren was all everything recruit that threw a grand total of 14 passes in college..but has all the tools. someone else stated that the "down the line guys' have all exposed their flaws, which is true. Nordgren has not played enough to expose himself and Williams was such a late starter (and grower) in his college career...both these guys could develop as 7th round or PFA types.

He did look good...it might be a guy like this that we end getting in the draft. If we land Brees as a FA, then we won't need to take a QB day 1.

CrunchTime said:

He did play in that game and did very well and he left the game in the 2nd half and never came back. Then it was annouced that he had a concussion.

Back
Top Bottom