ingel martin (qb) ??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ingel martin (qb) ???

I go to Appalachian State (current 2005 1-aa nation champs) and have seen him play now on 3 occasion seeing as though Furman is in our conference. He has great arm strength and is very athletic....but he can be erratic at times. Seem to struggle in big games. Alot of upside but shaky.

my 2 cents said:
I live in the mountains of NC, and saw Ingle Martin some. He is a developmental guy obviously but he has the arm size and his AA does not surprise me. Saban wanted him out of HS....I have posted before on these two guys...but watch for non combine guys, Richie Williams of Appalachian State (6-3, 212) and Matt Nordgren of Texas (6-4 1/2, 225). Richie Williams was a 5-10 running QB coming out of HS (now measures around 6-3 1/2), he outdueled Martin a couple times in his career and has all the same tools with better mobility. Led App. State to D1AA championship and has a big arm. Seeing them both Williams has a higher upside IMO. Nordgren was all everything recruit that threw a grand total of 14 passes in college..but has all the tools. someone else stated that the "down the line guys' have all exposed their flaws, which is true. Nordgren has not played enough to expose himself and Williams was such a late starter (and grower) in his college career...both these guys could develop as 7th round or PFA types.

I love app as much as any mountaineer but Richie doesnt have near the arm strength Ingle has.

Damn the illiteracy. In the first three posts it's he played well, not he throws good or played good. :evil:

Seriously though, he is an interesting prospect that we may take a look act towards the end of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom