Injuries | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Injuries

Dolphins lose C Kilgore (triceps) for season
6669.jpg

Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is out for the season with a torn triceps.

You never want to dig into your depth, but Kilgore was abjectly terrible through the Dolphins' first four games. Travis Swanson is the next man up. The difference between the two players should not be large, although Miami's offensive line issues are building after already losing LG Josh Sitton to I.R.

Kilgore was not a good pickup. We need to have higher aspirations that that. Too many Dolphin fans were so frustrated with Pouncey they were willing to accept anyone as replacement, and therefore Kilgore was admired beyond his ability. 49ers fans were either happy to lose Kilgore, or unconcerned.

If you go into 2019 relying on Kilgore you are regulating upside. I'd prefer to understand the need to keep trying. I don't doubt we can improve on Kilgore before the end of 2018.

McCain is a different matter. He is perhaps the only example in the past 5 years or so of a Dolphins player who looked truly overmatched in his early years before steadily improving to not only acceptable but legitimately very good.

Kilgore was not a good pickup. We need to have higher aspirations that that. Too many Dolphin fans were so frustrated with Pouncey they were willing to accept anyone as replacement, and therefore Kilgore was admired beyond his ability. 49ers fans were either happy to lose Kilgore, or unconcerned.

If you go into 2019 relying on Kilgore you are regulating upside. I'd prefer to understand the need to keep trying. I don't doubt we can improve on Kilgore before the end of 2018.

McCain is a different matter. He is perhaps the only example in the past 5 years or so of a Dolphins player who looked truly overmatched in his early years before steadily improving to not only acceptable but legitimately very good.

I totally agree on Kilgore. Folks forget the Niners made it an offseason priority to replace this guy. I always thought he wouldn't be a lateral move to Pouncey and Pouncey may see an uptick in his play this year do to being further removed from his last hip surgery. Folks on here hate Pouncey for off the field reasons more than anything else.

The most frustrating thing with the free agent injuries is instead of paying up for a solid guard or center coming off their first contract, we try to get a deal on these old guys and then they get hurt and it's just a complete waste.

I'd rather pay up and sign a guy like Norwell like the Jags did and get a stud who's 26yrs old than pay 7mil a yr for a guy like Sitton.

What this team really needs to do is build the line through this draft and next years.

The difference is a good QB can still make plays with average line play

The difference is a good QB can still make plays with average line play

We haven't gotten average line play the last two weeks. Until the last drive yesterday, everybody but Tannehill had a combined 30 yards of rushing in 2 games. That's horrid o line play.

Back
Top Bottom