Injury Bug Around the League!!!! Why are players getting hurt??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Injury Bug Around the League!!!! Why are players getting hurt???

Because they're humans? They're playing a very physical game, even if it is just practice.

Kevin Kolb for the Bills just injured his knee. Tripped over this own feet walking onto the practice field and had to be helped into the lockeroom. Can't make this stuff up.

If it was anyone other than Kolb I would say I'm surprised.

unfortunately the only way to eliminate injuries from the game is to not play the game which I think is out of the question. No matter how hard you try, what steps you take there are always going to be players get injured. Even playing flag football participants suffer from concussions / broken bones.

This year does seem more significant for whatever reason. Better coverage access due to the internet maybe, possibly the reduction in OTAs is having an unexpected negative impact, luck of the draw. I just hope this doesn't result in another knee jerk reaction and further changes to the game for the sake of safety. I definitely prefer a good defensive 17-14 game as the norm than a 54 -45 shoot out, but that is just me.

Synthetic surfaces. If you stop on a dime on grass, there is some give to it. There is no give to these hybrid rubber surfaces. When you stop, your body stops but your momentum and weight continues to move forward, forcing you to fall over your knee. That's my guess.

Because unlike Madden, you cant turn "injury" off...

honestly I cringe every time I see someone yell "steroids" like they've never EVER taken, used or knowingly have ingested or injected any. if you've ever been to a dentist or had any type of surgery, you've likely had some kind of steroidal exposure; cortico, glucocortico, mineralo… maybe you're low-T using topicals… stop acting like we live in a "steroid free" world… how d'ya think them billion of pounds of meat/poultry products end up at the corner grocer every week? yeah… steroids.

"anabolics", now them's a different story; they're the evil class of drugs you really wanna shout about!

Back
Top Bottom